More responsible gun owners

I

Indofred

Payson, Arizona three-year-old boy shoots and kills baby brother with handgun | Mail Online

A three-year-old boy has shot and killed his 18-month-old brother after the pair found a handgun while playing in a neighbor's apartment, police have said.
The children were visiting the apartment of a 78-year-old family friend with their mother when the tragedy happened at around midday yesterday in Payson, Arizona.
According to reports, the boys found the semi-automatic pistol in the living area and took it into a bedroom when it went off, hitting the younger boy in the head.

A loaded weapon, left unattended whilst kids were in the house - what a moron.
This is exactly why firearms should be kept away from the general public - way too many are morons without a clue.

This is exactly why firearms should be kept away from the general public - way too many are morons without a clue.

That's a good argument to keep everything out of the hands of the "general public." People have the right to be morons and people will die, as Darwin predicted, because of it.

BTW...When you say "general public" that implies there is a portion of the public that is ...what?...elite?

That's exactly what the poster implies. Liberals believe they are smart.

:lmao:

Please explain why you think I'm a liberal.
In fact, I'm rather right wing in a capitalist sense, not a moronic racist one.
Liberal, I am not; anti idiots having guns, I am.

some people are ghouls who seems to live off the misery of others

I find it sick

We should have a daily post of how many children are killed in car accidents, abortions, drowning now that's it summer, etc etc

we can all live in misery

Last edited:

So are responsible gun owners.

Then have an obligatory training course, psychological tests and a long cooling off period before a person is allowed to own a gun.
I'm sure responsible gun owners, if they're against idiots having guns, will agree with this.

Then have an obligatory training course, psychological tests and a long cooling off period before a person is allowed to own a gun.
I'm sure responsible gun owners, if they're against idiots having guns, will agree with this.

60+ MILLION unborn American infants have been killed by American women since 1973.

How about having an "obligatory" training course, psychological tests, and a long cooling off period before a female is allowed to have UNPROTECTED SEX?

I'm sure even the adults who support INFANTICIDE, er, "reproductive rights", will agree with this.

60+ MILLION unborn American infants have been killed by American women since 1973.

How about having an "obligatory" training course, psychological tests, and a long cooling off period before a female is allowed to have UNPROTECTED SEX?

I'm sure even the adults who support INFANTICIDE, er, "reproductive rights", will agree with this.

:eusa_clap:

Old shit argument.
One ting is bad so the other thing is okay.
Try again, but with your brain turned on.

Payson, Arizona three-year-old boy shoots and kills baby brother with handgun | Mail Online

A three-year-old boy has shot and killed his 18-month-old brother after the pair found a handgun while playing in a neighbor's apartment, police have said.
The children were visiting the apartment of a 78-year-old family friend with their mother when the tragedy happened at around midday yesterday in Payson, Arizona.
According to reports, the boys found the semi-automatic pistol in the living area and took it into a bedroom when it went off, hitting the younger boy in the head.

That has never happened in Australia. Too many responsible people here.

Did you bother to put some thought into that post before you hit "submit"?

People have all their lives that serve as psychological testing and cooling off periods. If their plan is to purchase a firearm and commit a crime, waiting another week or so isn't going to matter.

The fact is, there's not a damned thing you nor anyone else can do about someone who has lived their entire life as a model citizen and just snaps. You blame guns? I blame the automobile.

A gun is a tool. I carry a whole pouch full of them and could kill you with ANY of them. "I" can kill you ... not the tool. The tool is no better or worse than the hand that wields it.

So let's register people's thoughts. That ought to just about cover it.

Swell. Let's expand on that. Every year, thousands of children are either injured or killed through cycling accidents. This is exactly why bikes should be kept away from the general public.
shakehead.gif

Last edited:
Swell. Let's expand on that. Every year, thousands of children are either injured or killed through cycling accidents. This is exactly why bikes should be kept away from the general public.
shakehead.gif

Trying to get them started? Next it'll be lawn darts ...

Our idea of "protection" when I was a kid was a tank top and cut-offs on a bike. Shoes were over-protective parents. We'd build flimsy ramps and jump shitcans. You land in the last can, you know your distance.

We'd get up and do it again just to make sure that was our distance and not a fluke.

Not today. Let's sue Schwinn, the shitcan maker, and call my parents unfit for letting me ride my bike barefoot.

But it wasn't ME. It was the bike, the cans and the flimsy board.:cuckoo:

Kinda like parents intentionally giving their kids bomb vests, RPGs and AKs to "play with"............ Nah........

There are approximately 235,675,000 gun owners in America (?How Many Americans Own Guns?? | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog).

There are less than a 1000 accidental deaths in the USA caused by gun misuse (Accidental Gun Death Statistics - FloridaMedicalMalpracticeLaws.com)

So of all the gun owners in America only 0.00000424313143% (approximately) of them fall into the "idiot" category of which you speak. Should all the non-idiots be punished for the idiocy of the minute few?

Now ... if we're really, truly, and honestly concerned about thwarting accidental deaths then perhaps we should focus our attention on the following causes:

1) Automobile accidents = 44,000 per year
2) Falling = 15,000 per year
3) Poisoning = 9,500 per year
4) Fire = 3,700 per year
5) Drowning = 3,500 per year
6) Choking = 3,200 per year
7) Medical malpractice = 3000 per year
8) Guns = 1150 per year
9) Getting hit by car = 1100 per year
10) Electrocution = 500 per year

Top 10 Causes of Accidental Death

So ... going to your doctor for treatment is more dangerous than a gun.

Stop trying to take everyone's right to self protection away based on a handful of fluke accidents.

shakehead.gif

Our idea of "protection" when I was a kid was a tank top and cut-offs on a bike. Shoes were over-protective parents. We'd build flimsy ramps and jump shitcans. You land in the last can, you know your distance.

We'd get up and do it again just to make sure that was our distance and not a fluke.

Not today. Let's sue Schwinn, the shitcan maker, and call my parents unfit for letting me ride my bike barefoot.

I miss the good old days:

Lawn darts

Woodburning sets

Playing "war" with our plastic guns

No seatbelts in the back seat of the family station wagon

Riding in the back of pickup trucks

Bicycle helmets not invented yet

No cell phones

No i-Pads

No i-Tunes

No i-Pods

No computers

No video games

The chrome was thick, and the women were straight

shakehead.gif

I miss the good old days:

Lawn darts

Woodburning sets

Playing "war" with our plastic guns

No seatbelts in the back seat of the family station wagon

Riding in the back of pickup trucks

Bicycle helmets not invented yet

No cell phones

No i-Pads

No i-Tunes

No i-Pods

No computers

No video games

The chrome was thick, and the women were straight

Yeah. As a kid, I remember playing outside ALL day long. Hide-n-go-seek or kick-the-can. We would hike up and down the railroad tracks or the nearby riverbed. Very rarely did we watch TV. First of all, my dad limited the time we were allowed to watch but he also limited the programs that we were allowed to watch to a chosen few. We'd usually play outside until past dark. Those days seemed free and innocent in comparison to what we have now.

There are approximately 235,675,000 gun owners in America (?How Many Americans Own Guns?? | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog).

There are less than a 1000 accidental deaths in the USA caused by gun misuse (Accidental Gun Death Statistics - FloridaMedicalMalpracticeLaws.com)

So of all the gun owners in America only 0.00000424313143% (approximately) of them fall into the "idiot" category of which you speak. Should all the non-idiots be punished for the idiocy of the minute few?

Now ... if we're really, truly, and honestly concerned about thwarting accidental deaths then perhaps we should focus our attention on the following causes:

4) Fire = 3,700 per year
8) Guns = 1150 per year

Stop trying to take everyone's right to self protection away based on a handful of fluke accidents.

There goes accidental deaths.
FASTSTATS - Injuries

All firearm deaths
Number of deaths: 31,672

Push that up to 32,672 when you add murders.

The question is, why would you want something that has absolutely no advantage to society but causes so much death?

4) Fire = 3,700 per year
8) Guns = 1150 per year

There goes accidental deaths.
FASTSTATS - Injuries

All firearm deaths
Number of deaths: 31,672

Push that up to 32,672 when you add murders.

The question is, why would you want something that has absolutely no advantage to society but causes so much death?

The only way you can get 30k+ gun deaths is to include the almost 20k suicides that use a gun. And while it looks good when you can pad the numbers, it really doesn't factor in. And here is why. The one thing you know about someone who commits suicide with a gun is that they really did want to die. It is not a plea for attention or help. They wanted to end their life. Given that, claiming that they would not have done it if no gun was available is ridiculous.

And your claim that guns have no advantage to society is also ridiculous. The estimates vary, but the lowest I have seen is that Americans stop violent crimes in the neighborhood of 150,000 times per year. I have seen polls (done by reputable polling agents) that go as high as 750,000.

Guns also provide invaluable pest control in rural areas, put meat on the table (and in food banks), and the people who hunt fund the lion's share of most state conservation programs through the additional taxes and fees they pay.

Forum List

Back