More Romani visibility please

Its all over the place, you said its ok to discriminate gypsies often. I mean you call them gypsies instead of romani, that is a first sign, that you do. I mean I do too say gypsy sometimes and its not neccessarily a discrimination but that you now said so in this context, is a tell sign.

Right, you say Gypsy, Gypsies call themselves Gypsies, but when I do it I'm oppressing them....

That makes no sense.

And probably when you think I said it was "Okay to discriminate against gypsies" it was probably more me saying everyone has to follow the same rules.

Right, you say Gypsy, Gypsies call themselves Gypsies, but when I do it I'm oppressing them....

That makes no sense.

And probably when you think I said it was "Okay to discriminate against gypsies" it was probably more me saying everyone has to follow the same rules.

no you explained often why its ok to discriminate romani as a ethnic group, and i said is it ok to discriminate me and you said yes because its by association, you think this is ok. I mean we had this sort of discussion often. And its not neccessarily that you said gypsy, but now that i said romani and you changed to "gypsies" i mean its just a tell sign.

no you explained often why its ok to discriminate romani as a ethnic group, and i said is it ok to discriminate me and you said yes because its by association, you think this is ok. I mean we had this sort of discussion often. And its not neccessarily that you said gypsy, but now that i said romani and you changed to "gypsies" i mean its just a tell sign.

Well, you're being rather vague and I can't remember what this thing is about.

But it would seem like I said something that says yes, you can discriminate against PEOPLE, rather than gypsies, and now you are switching from gypsy to romani as if somehow this elevates you to another level.

I've met gypsies and they called themselves gypsies. I've never met a "Romani".

Well, you're being rather vague and I can't remember what this thing is about.

But it would seem like I said something that says yes, you can discriminate against PEOPLE, rather than gypsies, and now you are switching from gypsy to romani as if somehow this elevates you to another level.

I've met gypsies and they called themselves gypsies. I've never met a "Romani".
You said its not only not wrong to discriminate romani people but its important to do so and they have to be when i asked why everyone should be discriminated even if he did nothing wrong you said i have to hide im a roma if i tell iam its my own fault and i should be discriminated

You said its not only not wrong to discriminate romani people but its important to do so and they have to be when i asked why everyone should be discriminated even if he did nothing wrong you said i have to hide im a roma if i tell iam its my own fault and i should be discriminated
All thieves, and con artists should be dis ruminate against. Just because only 8 out of ten, rattlesnakes will bite you, doesn't mean you give each of them the chance, just to find out which kind this one is...

All thieves, and con artists should be dis ruminate against. Just because only 8 out of ten, rattlesnakes will bite you, doesn't mean you give each of them the chance, just to find out which kind this one is...
I think its wrong that 8 out of ten gypsies would steal or harm you in any way its a perception which is based on blood libels and is pushed by media or some organisations and individuals or rather many they want to believe that every Gypsy has to be persecuted probably because its a centuries old tradition and view and people are too lazy to change their view

I think its wrong that 8 out of ten gypsies would steal or harm you in any way its a perception which is based on blood libels and is pushed by media or some organisations and individuals or rather many they want to believe that every Gypsy has to be persecuted probably because its a centuries old tradition and view and people are too lazy to change their view
Stereotypes exist for a reason...

Stereotypes exist for a reason...
If it exists for a reason its not neccessarily for a good reason or correct everything no matter how wrong it is has a reason slavery in america also was based on some reasons also the Holocaust was justified with certain reasons

Doesn't sound like me at all.

Actually if I remember rightly, what I said was that if a person have a reputation for certain negative activities that people will discriminate.

You seem to be making out that I endorse this discrimination. Not so. I'm saying if you behave in a certain way, the consequences are going to be obvious.

Kind of like if you walk into a bad black neighborhood in the US with a t-shirt that insults black people, you will get killed. It's obvious.

If you have a group of people who commit crime and don't try and integrate, people will discriminate. It's like you seem to think gypsies can do whatever they like without consequences.

Doesn't sound like me at all.

Actually if I remember rightly, what I said was that if a person have a reputation for certain negative activities that people will discriminate.

You seem to be making out that I endorse this discrimination. Not so. I'm saying if you behave in a certain way, the consequences are going to be obvious.

Kind of like if you walk into a bad black neighborhood in the US with a t-shirt that insults black people, you will get killed. It's obvious.

If you have a group of people who commit crime and don't try and integrate, people will discriminate. It's like you seem to think gypsies can do whatever they like without consequences.
I do not think gypsies should be able to do whatever they want i think though it has many reasons why gypsies are discriminated you guys always say its only because they are criminal i think there is more to it i mentioned untouchability and skin color read a few pages back read what i said about Gypsy entertainers grave yard diggers and what i said about their skin color and racial visibility you guys think to black and white also most gypsies are sedentary but people focus on a travelling subgroup or paint them all with the same brush as travellers much of that is just wrong

I do not think gypsies should be able to do whatever they want i think though it has many reasons why gypsies are discriminated you guys always say its only because they are criminal i think there is more to it i mentioned untouchability and skin color read a few pages back read what i said about Gypsy entertainers grave yard diggers and what i said about their skin color and racial visibility you guys think to black and white also most gypsies are sedentary but people focus on a travelling subgroup or paint them all with the same brush as travellers much of that is just wrong

Well, then you're as naive as hell.

People don't like gypsies and travelers because they go around messing up people and their communities. They commit crimes, they move onto other people's land, and it angers people.

If a gypsy can't see that, and can't say "there will be consequences to these actions" then they get what they get. And they won't like what they get.

Same for every other person on this planet.

You're saying it's "discrimination" to give gypsies more than everyone else.

Well, then you're as naive as hell.

People don't like gypsies and travelers because they go around messing up people and their communities. They commit crimes, they move onto other people's land, and it angers people.

If a gypsy can't see that, and can't say "there will be consequences to these actions" then they get what they get. And they won't like what they get.

Same for every other person on this planet.

You're saying it's "discrimination" to give gypsies more than everyone else.
I can see that and im against certain practices or way of life but i think you can not see my points that i made good points too i do not know how it is in britain but in many places gypsies are considered a dirty race and threat to racial purity even if they dont commit crimes if you do not believe it remember Hitler

I can see that and im against certain practices or way of life but i think you can not see my points that i made good points too i do not know how it is in britain but in many places gypsies are considered a dirty race and threat to racial purity even if they dont commit crimes if you do not believe it remember Hitler

Sure, there are plenty of people who have hatred because they don't understand what's going on around them.

That's no me. I've lived in Spain near gypsies, my other half's mother worked in the gypsy area in a medical center and got robbed and everyone knew who did it, but did they force the guy to give back the stuff? Nope.

That right there causes problems. People don't need to hate for ignorance, they hate because they see it with their very eyes.

Sure, there are plenty of people who have hatred because they don't understand what's going on around them.

That's no me. I've lived in Spain near gypsies, my other half's mother worked in the gypsy area in a medical center and got robbed and everyone knew who did it, but did they force the guy to give back the stuff? Nope.

That right there causes problems. People don't need to hate for ignorance, they hate because they see it with their very eyes.
Sure but there are organised ideologically driven people parties and organisations who would target roma for the reasons i mentioned its not only black and white i do believe the one who robbed your mum should have been punished and forced to give it back i see a neglection of the Situation by the authorities to not care what happens in gypsy places or if they commit crimes or turn a blind eye i do not think its neccessarily a good thing for the status and prosperity of gypsies if i were a Gypsy leader i would closely cooperate with law enforcement

Sure but there are organised ideologically driven people parties and organisations who would target roma for the reasons i mentioned its not only black and white i do believe the one who robbed your mum should have been punished and forced to give it back i see a neglection of the Situation by the authorities to not care what happens in gypsy places or if they commit crimes or turn a blind eye i do not think its neccessarily a good thing for the status and prosperity of gypsies if i were a Gypsy leader i would closely cooperate with law enforcement

Yes, there are assholes who go after people just for their own political benefit. And gypsies suffer from that too.

But, if you want to attack me and say I discriminate... now we know I don't.

That makes no sense.

Mort can't get laid by pretty blonde German women, is all. He needs to attribute it to 'racism n stuff', and not to being a morbidly obese deadbeat related to roving clans of thieves and swindlers.

Mort can't get laid by pretty blonde German women, is all. He needs to attribute it to 'racism n stuff', and not to being a morbidly obese deadbeat related to roving clans of thieves and swindlers.
You are too ad hominem when you discuss. And also straw men, because you say things which i didnt said but you make it a topic as if i said it. That is sign that someone is a "dirty" debater, not a honest and reasonable intellectual debater.

Forum List

Back