More than 20 dead after shooting at Sutherland Springs church

M
Because it is...................shocking!

Really? When I first heard about it, my first reaction WASN'T "Oh, no, I don't believe it!" I was like 'Yep, no surprises there."

And BTW, I'm not happy about that kind of reaction, but it is becoming so common now. I remember when Columbine happened it was in people's consciousnesses for a couple of years afterwards. To be honest, I can't name them all now. I know there was Las Vegas, Aurora and the Korean idiot at Virginia Tech. I'm know there have been more, but they seem to run into each other. The US is so fucked in that regard. And you know what, this time in 12 months there'll be another three or four threads over that time over three or four different instances. Right now, as I type, there's some person walking around now, having dinner, playing outside with their kids, who is going to be dead this time next year because another incident will happen.

The US love affair with guns is pathetic. You live in Iraq or Somalia? I get it. The US? pfffttt...
My first reaction was sadness.

It is always so sad.

It is sad — once again. But, who's really responsible? Is it the American people, as a whole, for allowing gun nuts, through NRA lobbying, to impose their twisted will upon us? Do these overgrown children really need deadly toys in order to feel like men?

Just wait for the standard NRA statement, it's sure to go something like this:

"Things would have been far different if only the pastor had been carrying. It's time for ministers to arm themselves and protect their flock."
I hate the NRA but I think the parishioners should be carrying.

The NRA has been saying that for years as the corpses pile up....

Go away, nasty hater.

It is a fact.

Really? When I first heard about it, my first reaction WASN'T "Oh, no, I don't believe it!" I was like 'Yep, no surprises there."

And BTW, I'm not happy about that kind of reaction, but it is becoming so common now. I remember when Columbine happened it was in people's consciousnesses for a couple of years afterwards. To be honest, I can't name them all now. I know there was Las Vegas, Aurora and the Korean idiot at Virginia Tech. I'm know there have been more, but they seem to run into each other. The US is so fucked in that regard. And you know what, this time in 12 months there'll be another three or four threads over that time over three or four different instances. Right now, as I type, there's some person walking around now, having dinner, playing outside with their kids, who is going to be dead this time next year because another incident will happen.

The US love affair with guns is pathetic. You live in Iraq or Somalia? I get it. The US? pfffttt...
You dont believe there is enough danger here in the US to warrant having protection?

Baptist church. Another Dylan Roof. Black church goers better get the message to start packing heat when they go to church.

Wow, the facts are all in. I didn’t know. What was the shooters name?
Nope. I saw "Baptist" and immediately thought about my people. The town is 94% white. i forgot a lot whites are Baptist in the south. Sad sack of shit to kill a 2 year old child.
Your people?

Dumb. We are ALL our people, jackass
Yes my people. No not everyone is my people. Sorry.

Exactly why multiculturalism is a failure.
Please, let's not let this become a racist rant thread like most of the threads in the race relations forum.

Was it Antifa?
A terrorist group. It means anti fascist. They act just like fascists and wear black masks just like ISIS.
----------------------------------------------------- read that this guy was dressed in Combat Dress WTree .
She asked who a n t i f a was and I told her.

I asked if it was Antifa! :wink:

in other words.....If it was Antifa who committed this crime.
----------------------------------------------- and , thats a good question Skye , didn't 'antifa' declare war on the USA just yesterday Skye ??

if the schmuck is dead----why are they holding back details
on him? Anyone know what kind of weapon he used?

Well, If black to keep the Local TexASS posse under control.
If Muslim/ Mexican, To keep the Great Douche from tweeting about it.
If a Whitey, To somehow blame the Mexicans in the spews.or above
were the cause here .

Was it Antifa?
A terrorist group. It means anti fascist. They act just like fascists and wear black masks just like ISIS.
----------------------------------------------------- read that this guy was dressed in Combat Dress WTree .

Sounded like a Drumpfling to me. He was wearing battle fatigues. Thats the standard uniform of losers that couldnt hack it in the service.

You see....the thing is that had it been as you say......we would all know the identity of the shooter by now.

If authorities are holding information .....well.....it was either Antifa, an Islamic attack, somebody on the Left, that sort of thing.

That's my opinion here and I stand by it.

So when you rid yourselves of guns they will simply run over you with a truck or bomb you.

That sounds like a terrorist attack. This isn't a terrorist by the sounds of it. Just some whack job. And the US being a heavily armed society really really worked out for the people in the church, and LV, and Virginia Tech, and Sandy Hook....

It is sad — once again. But, who's really responsible? Is it the American people, as a whole, for allowing gun nuts, through NRA lobbying, to impose their twisted will upon us? Do these overgrown children really need deadly toys in order to feel like men?

"Things would have been far different if only the pastor had been carrying. It's time for ministers to arm themselves and protect their flock."

Go away, nasty hater.

It is a fact.

It's Texas, they have some of the loosest gun laws in the country, and I think it is up to the churches on whether they allow their people to carry in church. I just saw on the news the pastor wasn't there today, but his daughter was.

Sounded like a Drumpfling to me. He was wearing battle fatigues. Thats the standard uniform of losers that couldnt hack it in the service.

You see....the thing is that had it been as you say......we would all know the identity of the shooter by now.

If authorities are holding information .....well.....it was either Antifa, an Islamic attack, somebody on the Left, that sort of thing.

Well we will see.

Go away, nasty hater.

It is a fact.

You are a sad little hack. The NRA doesn't advocate for untrained or unwilling people to carry. The NRA advocates for responsible gun ownership.

I'm surprised there was no thread on this in the forum.

Pray for the souls of the dead, and the grief of their relatives and friends.

The number of dead and injured is preliminary from early reports. It will probably change as more information comes in.

------------------------------------------------

At least 27 dead and more than two dozen injured in Texas church shooting

M.L. NESTEL
Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017

At least 27 people were killed and around 27 injured in a Texas church shooting Sunday morning, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

The alleged shooter is dead, and it appears there is no longer an active threat at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, about 40 miles southeast of San Antonio, police told ABC News.

A person who said she works at a gas station across the street from the church told ABC News she heard rapid gunfire at around 11:15 a.m., leading congregants from the church as well as customers at the station to run inside for cover.

“We heard several shots and we all started running inside the store,” she said.

“It lasted about 15 seconds. I yelled, ‘Get down! Get inside!’ and we all went into hiding,” said the woman, who said she is 49 but declined to give her name.

Last edited:

So when you rid yourselves of guns they will simply run over you with a truck or bomb you.
---------------------------------- or beat you to death with big muscles and brass knuckles or baseball bats or cut you up with knives and machetes or hang you from trees with ropes WTree .

Go away, nasty hater.

It is a fact.

It's Texas, they have some of the loosest gun laws in the country, and I think it is up to the churches on whether they allow their people to carry in church. I just saw on the news the pastor wasn't there today, but his daughter was.

The pastor's daughter (14 years old) was killed today.

And I'll note that her murder was at the hands of the evil person who did it (either on his own, or as part of a group of evil people). The fault lies with him (or them).

We still don’t know the motivation of the Vegas shooter, and it’s been over a month, right?

We might not know all the facts about this shooting within 2 hours of the event...just sayin.

That sounds like a terrorist attack. This isn't a terrorist by the sounds of it. Just some whack job. And the US being a heavily armed society really really worked out for the people in the church, and LV, and Virginia Tech, and Sandy Hook....

The point is, for whatever reason, he decided to kill those people in that church. I know you are an intelligent person, he could just as easily driven by and firebombed them.

You think that the federal government is protecting those groups because they haven't announced much information about the shooter? REALLY? This government?

It's not being released because the guy is going to end up being a white male.

Forum List

Back