Mormonism- beware!

Ninja, you are only a heretical biblical literalist with no authority.

Shut your fool mouth.

I don't speak for myself. I quote Scripture.
Yeah, Ninja, is speaking only for himself.

He does not speak for scripture.

He certainly does not speak for Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

so quoting Scripture is a bad thing?
When all you do is cut and paste... well maybeee

I met both when he was still alive. He had always been an irritable codger. Sandra is a neat lady, very literate on Mormon problems, just fun to be around. My wife likes her a lot.

:lol: Hint: you can be a Christian without going to a church; and you can't offer any proof other than your and others' testimony that your interpretation are authoritative

Churches are not the authorized carriers of Christ's spirit, only a gathering and fellowship of like believers. In the latter sense they (like believers) can approach the truth in a way which a church never can.

There you go trying to interpret authoritatively for some one else when you cannot prove you have such authority.

yes beware. We are coming to get you.

the bible alone is not bibical. The bible teaches us of a God who speaks to man. In fact Jesus rebuked people who tried to claim religious authority by relying on the scriptures only and yet ignored revelation.

what verse was that? And no, the Bible is all you need...guided by the Holy Spirit. Btw Joseph Smith was not a prophet lol.

the Holy Spirit speaks the Word of God because He is God. Anything the Holy Ghost says is scripture. And He testifies that Joseph Smith was a prophet and restored the Church of Jesus Christ.

He also testifies that those who think they can tell God that He can't speak at His pleasure have great darkness covering their eyes.

pray for the light of Christ to open your eyes and receive the Holy Ghost

1 John 4:1: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

how can you test the Spirit if deny revelation?

you claim the bible is all there is. But to claim that denies what the bible says.

God speaks to man. He has revealed new scripture and can reveal as much as He pleases. He has revealed the Book of Mormon in these latter days to establish the Doctrine of Christ. Read it for yourself. Dont just cut and paste what others have said or rely on your own wisdom. Trust the Lord your God and He will change your heart and convert you to Christ through the Book of Mormon

Some of the nicest and most decent people I've ever known in my life are Mormons. I'd rather know people with their ideology than people who worship the secular state.

The Restored Gospel or what some call Mormonism is the greatest tool we have to combat the worship of the state. Because it shines the light of Christ and heaven upon those who study it. And because it exposes the robbers who infest the government

"Ninja007" is soooo full of hate. He's like those Westboro "Christians".

1c96ccf55226534971186d9f7b7ec718f6220b1e32e87588186d22dc1ff89268.jpg

What is Mormonism

Mormonism is not biblical, period.

Salvation

The Mormon church teaches that only through the atoning blood of Jesus and the act of baptism (personal or proxy) can a person even begin the process of salvation. This is defined in terms of "salvation" and "exaltation." Salvation (or resurrection) is granted to all through the atonement of Jesus. Exaltation is given through obedience to the gospel principles. Children are deemed saved without the requirement of any works.

Salvation therefore is contingent first upon the grace of Christ and then judged by works. Recommended works include accepting the prophet Joseph Smith, serving a mission, marrying in the temple, being included in the priesthood, completing a genealogical tree, abstaining from alcohol and hot drinks, tithing, attending sacrament meetings, and obeying the rules of the church. (One advantage of having a living prophet can be seen in the example of "hot drinks." Mormon scriptures teach abstaining from hot drinks, but the prophets have clarified this to mean that the term refers only to coffee and tea.

Mormons teach that all who lived on this earth (except the sons of perdition) will go to one of three heavens: the celestial, the terrestrial or the telestial. They consider the celestial level (exaltation) to be "eternal life" and the place where you get your godhood.

Compare that to what the Bible teaches.

Why does it matter?

Mormonism seems pretty silly but, to me, most other religions are just as silly and meaningless. Its all just a lot of mumbo jumbo. But, as long as they don't shove it on me, my children, schools, government buildings, I don't care what they worship.

What is important to me is that ALL religions, as well as a lack of religion, be free to believe as they wish.

Some of the nicest and most decent people I've ever known in my life are Mormons. I'd rather know people with their ideology than people who worship the secular state.

If you would read the info given, you will see Mormons are not saved, are not Christians.

if you read the Book of Mormon you would find the most powerful tool a Christian can use to convince men to come to Christ. Because you cannot read it with an open heart and mind without coming to know Christ. That's why the Book of Mormon exists "to convince both Jew and gentile that Jesus is the Christ

I believe the Holy Spirit is calling the young lady psychologist featured in the commentary page in yesterday's sltrib.com to advise the General Authorities to remind moral agency instead of immediate obedience.

Forum List

Back