Mosque shooting in New Zealand

Well this is a horrid shame, people being shot in a house of worship. Simply awful.

Then I think what Must Not Be Thought. Islam "invading" New Zealand, a previously Christian nation, right? But not really, because the Christians took it over from Indigenous people. But of course no one really cares about THAT, not when you have America to harp on.

So other than for the people who actually died or will suffer loss, this makes me have one big old shrug for the unaffected folks of NZ. Because America will care, but the folks of NZ will go right back to being derisive toward America for the very same sins NZ bears. So sorry, NZ, "my give a damn's busted"--again, other than for the people who will suffer directly.
Kiwi Is Not Wee-Wee, But We Dhimmis Are

NEW ZEALAND PARTICIPATION IN WORLD WAR TWO:

Troops in all MOSs: 104,000
Killed in action: 11,928

Here....

Keep in mind almost all mass public shootings take place in government mandated gun free zones for law abiding citizens...so they don't have their legal guns with them most of the time....but when they do?

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

How many armed people stood outside at Parkland.

Your statistics are bullshit.

Mass shootings at bars, churches/mosques, businesses.
You do know that people with legal carry permits are not allowed to carry on the grounds of any school don't you?

So if there were a bunch of people who were armed at the school they would all be breaking the law and since the vast majority of gun owners are all law abiding , they were not at the school with guns.
So they could carry an assault type rifle to within 100 feet or less of an entrance and be perfectly legal.

Are you really this stupid? What part of the gun free zone laws currently in place stop this from happening already? And all of the mass school shootings we have had could have been carried out with 6 shot revolvers......you moron....

The only thing that keeps these shooters away is getting rid of gun free zones...

We know this, this is a fact.....these shooters, including the Sandy Hook shooter choose their locations because they want gun free zones.....their notes, their statements tell us this....you guys don't want to stop the killing, you just want to ban guns for law abiding gun owners....you are sick.

Not once ever has a mass shooter even mentioned "gun free zones". Adam Lantz was so fucked up on drugs and his mental issues I doubt the idea of "gun free zones" even crossed his mind. The Parkland shooter knew there was a guard with a gun on duty at the school and that didn't stop him, or even slow him down.

All of your posts about gun control are filled with distortions, lies and facts not in evidence. The murder rate in Canada isn't going up, it's going down. Every few years there's spike, like last year, but the police do a mass raid and arrest everyone with gun and get them off the street, and the murder rate goes down again. The fewer guns on the street, the fewer murders.

Facts, asshole. Cold hard facts.

Funny how a would be mass shooter doesn't pick a place where he knows everyone will be armed, like a police station.

Everyone knows no firearms are allowed on the grounds of any school so it's a pretty safe bet no one will be shooting back

Funny how a would be mass shooter doesn't pick a place where he knows everyone will be armed, like a police station.
Everyone knows no firearms are allowed on the grounds of any school so it's a pretty safe bet no one will be shooting back
The anti-gun loon insistence of not allowing people to carry firearms in places were mass shootings most often take place gets people killed.
As intended.

The anti-gun loon insistence of not allowing people to carry firearms in places were mass shootings most often take place gets people killed.
As intended.
So the solution is to arm everyone. Good thinking

Not once ever has a mass shooter even mentioned "gun free zones". Adam Lantz was so fucked up on drugs and his mental issues I doubt the idea of "gun free zones" even crossed his mind. The Parkland shooter knew there was a guard with a gun on duty at the school and that didn't stop him, or even slow him down.

All of your posts about gun control are filled with distortions, lies and facts not in evidence. The murder rate in Canada isn't going up, it's going down. Every few years there's spike, like last year, but the police do a mass raid and arrest everyone with gun and get them off the street, and the murder rate goes down again. The fewer guns on the street, the fewer murders.

Keep in mind, 2AGuy is compensating for his "Shortcomings".

And to the penis joke.....you are seriously in trouble....you need to get help from a trained professional. Whenever we talk about guns and gun control, you immediately thing about a man's penis.....you psycho sexual response is damaged and you need help....guns are not sex toys.....they are self defense tools. That you confuse this is dangerous, and needs professional attention.

Proven fact that some people carry guns because they think it makes therm a tough guy. You know it.

Do the anti-gunners realize that an armed good guy saved lives at the 2nd Mosque......?

Observations on Christchurch

3) From a policy standpoint, the only lesson that can be drawn from the Christchurch massacre is reflected in the difference in the casualty totals between the two attacks. Forty-one were killed at the Dean Ave. mosque, the first one that was targeted, where the murderer had plenty of time and at one point returned to his vehicle to reload. There were only seven killed at the Linwood mosque because one of the worshippers was armed:

A second shooting happened at a mosque in the Linwood area of the city.

One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.

Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots around 1.45 pm.

A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in “self defence”.

Early reports of catastrophic events like these always turn out to be wrong in some respects, but it does appear that armed self-defense was the key to the less tragic outcome at Linwood. Murder is the result of human evil and will never be eradicated in this world, but if more people arm themselves, there will be fewer mass murder events.
Go
ahead & put armed teachers in every school & I guarantee you'll end up with more dead kids. Why bring a gun to school when one is already there.

So, Gun Control, means no one has any guns?
We already have plenty of gun control laws
Evidently, not enough.
We have more than enough we just don't enforce them

We can ban these stupid assault type rifles.

A semiautomatic rifle is not an assault weapon
aimed single fire shots can kill more /are more accurate than auto weapons
so they can be more lethal

Keep in mind, 2AGuy is compensating for his "Shortcomings".

And to the penis joke.....you are seriously in trouble....you need to get help from a trained professional. Whenever we talk about guns and gun control, you immediately thing about a man's penis.....you psycho sexual response is damaged and you need help....guns are not sex toys.....they are self defense tools. That you confuse this is dangerous, and needs professional attention.

Proven fact that some people carry guns because they think it makes therm a tough guy. You know it.

Actually buttmunch, carrying allows me to have moral superiority over you.

Think about it: According to the laws of my state and federal governments, I not only have the right to end your life permanently should I consider you to be a threat, I also have the distinct honor of being able to carry the necessary tools and training almost anywhere I travel.

You on the other hand, wouldn't be allowed the same privilege I have, without committing a criminal act. Not unless you were as vetted, trained, and as much of a "trusted individual" as my government considers me to be.

I am a first-class American citizen who is taking full advantage of the Second Amendment right my constitution provides for me. You on the other hand, have chosen to eschew your constitutional right of self-protection, thereby being less of a citizen than I am.

If that ain't "moral superiority", I don't know what is, dickhead.

.......you are a real genius --NZ's murder rate is FIVE times lower than the US--and you use it for gun control NOT working....????!!!!!!!!!??????
...you also bring up the UK--murder rate FOUR times lower

..correct me if I'm wrong---we want LOWER murder rates--not higher-----right??
There are more things under heaven and on earth that effect murder rates, Harmonica, than gun laws.
......the US has one of the highest gun owner ships in the world--yet the murder rate is MANY times higher than France, Japan, UK, NZ, etc
..please explain....
what else Affects murder rates?

You do know that we are different from France, Japan etc don't you?

There are many factors that affect murder rates besides gun laws

That you see gun laws as a panacea for murder illustrates your simplistic thinking

Many states with lax gun laws have murder rates as low as the UK
....I asked you to state those factors--and you DID NOT--because you know it's bullshit
one more time--state the factors

Poverty, unemployment under employment, shit schools, break down of the family unit,

Where do most murders and violent crimes take place in this country?

Poor urban areas all afflicted by the above.

Denying that we have very significant, political, cultural, and socioeconomic differences from those European countries you love so much is extremely simplistic
WRONG--you just fked up

gun controlled NYCity murder rate is about 20 times lower than very pro-gun-STL
gun controlled Chicago murder rate about 50% LOWER than STL
....please explain the difference in the murder rates even though they have the SAME ''political, cultural, and socioeconomic''' aspects
..and CH iand NYCity population density much greater than STL
..what's different about these cities is pro-anti-gun control

in fact the poverty rate for NYC is HIGHER than StL
so why a much lower murder rate in NYC????!!!
Poverty rate drops in St. Louis city but the region sees no improvement
Poverty Measure - NYC Opportunity
Homicides in the city of St. Louis strikes 186 in 2018
NYC sees record low homicides in 2018 based on preliminary data

I don't see any proof of what you say--no links/etc
fact--Germany, UK, etc murder rate is many times lower than the US--why?
one difference is they have strict gun control

Last edited:
People die in car crashes, or accidents. I think of 9/11, Remember what Islam has done to us? The horrors of the twin towers..the twin towers, THAT is what Islam has done to us. What GOOD have these people done that has offset any of that?

Last edited:
People die in car crashes, or accidents. I think of 9/11, Remember what Islam has done to us? The horrors of the twin towers..the twin towers, THAT is what Islam has done to us. What GOOD have these people done that has offset any of that?

Oh please. Put a fucking LID on this Bigot-Brigade history revision insanity.
Haven't you assholes done ENOUGH damage? What the fuck more do you WANT?

I am a proud agnostic Islamaphobe. Assholes that want to crash planes into buildings and construct laws out of whole cloth to control people? Aren't liberals apposed to that kind of stuff? If they where Christians cutting of heads and suicide suppository mass "Nabuguklatorism" we might all be on the same page. Islam crashing plane into buildings, over look that. I made up nabugularklasim. Islam is made up too, so what.

We already have plenty of gun control laws
Evidently, not enough.
We have more than enough we just don't enforce them

We can ban these stupid assault type rifles.

A semiautomatic rifle is not an assault weapon
aimed single fire shots can kill more /are more accurate than auto weapons
so they can be more lethal
Good, so banning assault type rifles should not hurt any of you gun nuts

Forum List

Back