Mother of Paris suicide bomber says her son 'did not mean to kill anyone'

There should be a law in which the actions of someone you influence are incumbent on you whether directly or indirectly. If I raise a child to be a thug and I am a thug myself or a crack addled hooker, I should have some responsibility for his actions.
And what of perfectly nice people who just happen to raise, without them knowing it, a monster? Shall we hang all three of them together? Where, by chance, is this Personal Responsibility you speak so highly of?

Daddy shot someone so now you aren't allowed to own guns? That's the path you are suggesting...
Perfectly nice people almost never have children who are thugs. My son is 17 and a very good student. The last thing that could happen to him is become a thug. That, plus he goes to a very good school in CZ where there are no thugs, just a couple of kids who smoke a little pot.

He is not in an inner-city school with thug parents. Do you get it?

She's a grieving mother who is irrational and in denial about what her son did. Neither of which is particularly surprising. Her child has been dead 4 days.

4 days or 4 years, it makes no difference. The mother of the Boston Marathon Bomber said her son was framed and innocent doing so more than a year after he did what he did. Is she irrational?

Nonsense. Grief, even for a lost child, fades with time to more managable levels. 4 days is immediate. 4 years isn't. You're expecting a grieving mother to react as if she isn't grieving for a lost child.

That's unrealistic.
how do you know?

I've comforted two moms through the loss of their child. Its a brutal, cruel process that involves unmanageable periods of naked grief. Worse, my cousin was killed last night. In a few hours I'll be heading up the hill to offer the same time and consideration for my aunt.

And I won't hold any stupid shit she might say against her. She just lost her oldest son.

Sorry about your cousin.

Did your cousin die as a result of strapping a bomb to his back? It makes a difference.

Not in terms of irrationality, denial and predictable grief for the mother and siblings he left behind.

Grieving is hard. Especially for a child. And its usually unmanageable for a while. As Paint said, this woman probably isn't in her right mind. And frankly, shouldn't be. She just lost her son.

That her son is a mass murderer only makes it worse. As she has both the shock of his death and the horrible acts he committed to deal with. Denial is pretty predictable, at least in the short term.

And thanks about my cousin. It doesn't effect me much personally, as we weren't that close. But its going to hollow out my aunt. And we are close.

She'll get a great big mulligan for the next several weeks.

Anyone that would make that type of excuse is a pure dumbass.

Denial proves she is.

So a grieving mother whose son is 4 days dead said something stupid and is in denial.

Um.....shocker?

Is she denying he's dead? Is she denying he did it? She's a dumbass.

She's a grieving mother who is irrational and in denial about what her son did. Neither of which is particularly surprising. Her child has been dead 4 days.

4 days or 4 years, it makes no difference. The mother of the Boston Marathon Bomber said her son was framed and innocent doing so more than a year after he did what he did. Is she irrational?

Nonsense. Grief, even for a lost child, fades with time to more managable levels. 4 days is immediate. 4 years isn't. You're expecting a grieving mother to react as if she isn't grieving for a lost child.

That's unrealistic.

I expect an adult to have the ability to recognize when her son is a piece of shit and not have sympathy for him because he strapped a bomb to his back and killed innocent people when he blew it up.

There should be a law in which the actions of someone you influence are incumbent on you whether directly or indirectly. If I raise a child to be a thug and I am a thug myself or a crack addled hooker, I should have some responsibility for his actions.
Come to think of it, the parents of Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin are the ones who should have gone to jail for manslaughtrer.
And there we go. The parents of Laura Bush should have gone to prison because she, as a minor, killed a boy in another car. That's vehicular manslaughter and they might as well have been driving the car themselves, right kiddos?

If the mother doesn't want to be considered an addressed, she should STFU. When she opens her mouth, she opens herself to criticism.

She probably should shut up at the moment. But again.....grief is a hell of a thing. And it hits us in ways we wouldn't expect.

Take my aunt. My cousin most likely killed himself. But she's convinced it was an accident, a game of russian roulette. Why? Because its easier to handle than the likely truth.

And its okay. No one is going to correct her. She just lost her son.

I expect an adult to have the ability to recognize when her son is a piece of shit and not have sympathy for him because he strapped a bomb to his back and killed innocent people when he blew it up.
Then you expect too much, especially early on.

And what of perfectly nice people who just happen to raise, without them knowing it, a monster? Shall we hang all three of them together? Where, by chance, is this Personal Responsibility you speak so highly of?

Daddy shot someone so now you aren't allowed to own guns? That's the path you are suggesting...
Perfectly nice people almost never have children who are thugs. My son is 17 and a very good student. The last thing that could happen to him is become a thug. That, plus he goes to a very good school in CZ where there are no thugs, just a couple of kids who smoke a little pot.

Answer the questions.

Your very nice kid rapes and murders the little girl next door at 16, are you "responsible" for the rape and murder as well, yes or no?

That's unrealistic.
how do you know?

I've comforted two moms through the loss of their child. Its a brutal, cruel process that involves unmanageable periods of naked grief. Worse, my cousin was killed last night. In a few hours I'll be heading up the hill to offer the same time and consideration for my aunt.

And I won't hold any stupid shit she might say against her. She just lost her oldest son.

Sorry about your cousin.

Did your cousin die as a result of strapping a bomb to his back? It makes a difference.

Not in terms of irrationality, denial and predictable grief for the mother and siblings he left behind.

Grieving is hard. Especially for a child. And its usually unmanageable for a while. As Paint said, this woman probably isn't in her right mind. And frankly, shouldn't be. She just lost her son.

That her son is a mass murderer only makes it worse. As she has both the shock of his death and the horrible acts he committed to deal with. Denial is pretty predictable, at least in the short term.

And thanks about my cousin. It doesn't effect me personally, as we weren't that close. But its going to hollow out my aunt. And we are close.

It does make a difference. If you cousin died due to no action of his own, it's expected. This woman's son died because of his own stupid actions and she wants to make excuses for him.

As a volunteer at the local fire department in my community, I run lots of traffic accidents. I can't count the number of times I've seen drunk drivers wrap themselves and their car around a tree killing them While it's my responsibility to lessen the situation and incident control, I don't feel sorry for any of them. As for their family that had nothing to do with it, sympathy is extended to the point that they start making excuses.

Answer the questions.

Your very nice kid rapes and murders the little girl next door at 16, are you "responsible" for the rape and murder as well, yes or no?

Unrealistic question.

That's unrealistic.
how do you know?

Sorry about your cousin.

And thanks about my cousin. It doesn't effect me personally, as we weren't that close. But its going to hollow out my aunt. And we are close.

It does make a difference. If you cousin died due to no action of his own, it's expected. This woman's son died because of his own stupid actions and she wants to make excuses for him.

You're thinking logically, rationally and dispassionately...from a distance. She isn't. She's irrational. She's not logical. And she's about as close to this as is possible to be. Objectively, it makes a huge difference. But to a grieving mother, the circumstances only make things worse. Make denial more likely. As the pain can be too much.

Give it a little time. Then see if her tune changes. But the days since her son's death can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Answer the questions.

Unrealistic question.
Not in the above argument, and it happens all the damn time. Murderers and rapists have mothers, always.

Come to think of it, the parents of Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin are the ones who should have gone to jail for manslaughtrer.
And there we go. The parents of Laura Bush should have gone to prison because she, as a minor, killed a boy in another car. That's vehicular manslaughter and they might as well have been driving the car themselves, right kiddos?

If the mother doesn't want to be considered an addressed, she should STFU. When she opens her mouth, she opens herself to criticism.

She probably should shut up at the moment. But again.....grief is a hell of a thing. And it hits us in ways we wouldn't expect.

Take my aunt. My cousin most likely killed himself. But she's convinced it was an accident, a game of russian roulette. Why? Because its easier to handle than the likely truth.

The way we react is different.

So you're willing to let you aunt accept a lie? I thought you said you loved her.

So you're willing to let you aunt accept a lie? I thought you said you loved her.

In the short term? Sure. If she finds it comforting, absolutely. She's not in her right mind. In the long term we'd make sure she understood what likely happened. As she'll be more rational.

Denial is part of the grieving process. Her son died a dozen or so hours ago. If she wants to believe he was shot by John Wilkes Booth, I'm not going to correct her tonight. I'm just gonna hug her and let her sob it out.

Do you know who else had the perfect family, childhood and education? One of the most prolific serial killers - Ted Bundy.

Your kid can fall in with the wrong crowd anytime anywhere. Stop bullshitting yourself.

In the short term? Sure. If she finds it comforting, absolutely. She's not in her right mind. In the long term we'd make sure she understood what likely happened. As she'll be more rational.

Denial is part of the grieving process. Her son died a dozen or so hours ago. If she wants to believe he was shot by John Wilkes Booth, I'm not going to correct her tonight. I'm just gonna hug her and let her sob it out.

So much for the love you said you have for her.

So a grieving mother whose son is 4 days dead said something stupid and is in denial.

Um.....shocker?

That's unrealistic.

You don't have kids, do you?

Arguing with her on how her son died the same day he died? Who would that serve? She's not in her right mind. She wouldn't accept the evidence. As she's working on pure emotion.

When she's had some time to process it, to work through some of the grief.....she'll likely come to the truth on her own. If she doesn't, we'll guide her there.

Again, expecting a grieving mother to act as if she's not grieving is unrealistic.

Do you know who else had the perfect family, childhood and education? One of the most prolific serial killers - Ted Bundy.

Your kid can fall in with the wrong crowd anytime anywhere. Stop bullshitting yourself.

No such thing as perfect. Secondly, a person I grew up with had everything he wanted handed to him by his dad. People thought th

That's unrealistic.

You don't have kids, do you?

Sure do. 2 of them.

Seen on the new far too often the family of a murderer defend the person by saying "they were a good person that made bad choices". Hate to break it to you but good people don't do things like that. It makes me wonder that if the family hadn't excuses the person when they did things when younger by saying what they said if what they did to make the news would have happened.

Arguing with her on how her son died the same day he died? Who would that serve? She's not in her right mind. She wouldn't accept the evidence. As she's working on pure emotion.

When she's had some time to process it, to work through some of the grief.....she'll likely come to the truth on her own. If she doesn't, we'll guide her there.

Again, expecting a grieving mother to act as if she's not grieving is unrealistic.

It doesn't have to be argumentative.

Expecting an adult to act like an adult isn't unrealistic

If you've ever actually raised a child or even thought about it long enough, you should be aware what an insane amount of factors are at play ... You can do the best job ever and the kid can still have issues and get hooked on drugs or fall in with the wrong crowd - peer pressure is real, the kid might find someone else's ideas/values more appealing than your own. Or, the kid can be born with psychological issues that will render all your efforts useless, etc. and so on. There is no situation in your life where you yield 100% control. None.

When the standards of 'adult' are rationality and logic......yes it is unrealistic when they've just lost a child.

Grieving people aren't in their right mind. You're expecting them to act as if they are. That's not how it works.

When the standards of 'adult' are rationality and logic......yes it is unrealistic when they've just lost a child.

Grieving people aren't in their right mind. You're expecting them to act as if they are. That's not how it works.

The standard for being an adult is being able to act that way even when things don't work in your favor.

I expect people to act as adults.

Forum List

Back