Mr. President, please put a carrier group off Hong Kong right now....

Also, parking a CBG off of Hong Kong is stupid. If we want to show "we care", we would just have one Philippine Sea, which I would expect we already have, at least close.

CBG's don't go to closed waters like the South China Sea.

Also, parking a CBG off of Hong Kong is stupid. If we want to show "we care", we would just have one Philippine Sea, which I would expect we already have, at least close.

CBG's don't go to closed waters like the South China Sea.

Just found out. USS Ronald Reagan, CVN-76, was in the Philippine Sea August 11th, and is currently in the Western Pacific.

CV Locations

Quit using my money to play world police.

Hong Kong is not our problem; however, there is nothing stopping the OP from flying over to the city and joining the fray. It would appear shockingly weak to not do so.

What matters is the government check....

Who cares about anything, as long as my government check still cashes....

Is that what's stopping you from heading over to Honk Kong and joining the fight?

While I agree the OP is a bit of a nutter, the line of logic you are using is flawed.

Do I have to be a firefighter to want firefighters to fight fires?

They have their own firefighters to fight fire. They don't need ours.

I am tired of spending our blood and treasure in forsaken lands.

Hong Kong is not our problem; however, there is nothing stopping the OP from flying over to the city and joining the fray. It would appear shockingly weak to not do so.

Is that what's stopping you from heading over to Honk Kong and joining the fight?

While I agree the OP is a bit of a nutter, the line of logic you are using is flawed.

That is a position I can understand, I am just pointing out the logical flaw of saying "you have to be X or do X to support X"

With a Volunteer Military, and the concept of Civilian control of said military, we don't require people to run to the front of the charge to support using said military. Nor do we require the trope of "send your own kids to do X"

I like to eat crab, I would never be able to do crab fishing like I watch on Deadliest Catch (I get seasick, but ironically not airsick), but that doesn't logically forbid me from eating crab, regardless of the risks the fishermen take.

Now if there was a draft in force, that would be different situation.

Probably not a good idea for the US to instigate a war with China. Hong Kong was better off under British colonial rule, but it's too late for regrets, isn't it?

We really can't get involved with that. :(

I'll pray for them.

Hong Kong really was owned by the UK, not us.

That is a position I can understand, I am just pointing out the logical flaw of saying "you have to be X or do X to support X"

With a Volunteer Military, and the concept of Civilian control of said military, we don't require people to run to the front of the charge to support using said military. Nor do we require the trope of "send your own kids to do X"

I like to eat crab, I would never be able to do crab fishing like I watch on Deadliest Catch (I get seasick, but ironically not airsick), but that doesn't logically forbid me from eating crab, regardless of the risks the fishermen take.

I can catch all the crabs I want just wading around with a landing net.

I can catch all the crabs I want just wading around with a landing net.

I live in NYC, the crabs here aren't really edible, although people do still try.

Probably not a good idea for the US to instigate a war with China. Hong Kong was better off under British colonial rule, but it's too late for regrets, isn't it?

To me, it is a question of Chinese arrogance and power, as well as the rights of humans who dare oppose communism.

If we let the Chinese massacre the Hong Kong demonstrators, we will give China more arrogance to use their power.

The fate of humanity on Earth will be much improved as soon as the communist leaders of China get socked hard in the face, and reminded that their power is limited.

Their power is 100% about whoring out their own people to work for nothing. The top commies are all billionaires, and the normal Chinese are pawns. Supporting that is like supporting Saudi Prince bin Salman's visits to Epstein's island....

Hong Kong is doomed.

Write it off - a new financial powerhouse will arise to replace it and China will be worse off for it.

China will also have generations of internal enemies gnawing at its guts.

Where's the downside to any of that?

Forum List

Back