MSNBC host: Star Wars and Darth Vader are racist; Ahhh...of course they are.

I really should watch that show more often. The PC Princess really is a hoot.

So is she saying that the producer/director made a decision to make the "touchy feely" vader a white guy while making the "pure evil" vader a black guy?

I see her icredibly weak point. I'm amazed she wasted the airtime and brain cells to draw such a weak argument.

I apologize to the OP (as far as the argument goes).
Black and White depict opposes. In Western Culture they have symbolized the dichotomy of good and the evil. The Bible uses darkness and light, and black and white to symbolize good and evil. It's all part of our racist history.

Has Harris-Perry ever noticed that all of the storm troopers in Star Wars are in full white uniforms ?

Someone with some time on their hands please tell me what the host actually said....obviously the OP can't be trusted to tell the truth.

It's a quick quote if you go to the link. Basically, "Darth Vader was evil and wouldn't acknowledge his son when he was a black man, James Earl Jones, but then once he acknowledges his son and becomes good he's a white guy.". The woman is either making a bad joke or a complete twit.

No either or there. Melissa Harris Perry IS a complete twit and the poster child for the "success" of affirmative action in education.

Looks like even the USMB PC Police aren't willing to sign on to this one!

Wow!

So is she saying that the producer/director made a decision to make the "touchy feely" vader a white guy while making the "pure evil" vader a black guy?

I see her icredibly weak point. I'm amazed she wasted the airtime and brain cells to draw such a weak argument.

Actually it isn't. And it's something that was not missed by George Lucas himself, who introduced Lando Calrissian in the second film. Perry's point isn't insignificant either.

While I am sure this was not Lucas' initial intention, especially since Star Wars was meant to be an indictment of the Vietnam War, it came across that way to many folks.

Black and White depict opposes. In Western Culture they have symbolized the dichotomy of good and the evil. The Bible uses darkness and light, and black and white to symbolize good and evil. It's all part of our racist history.
So if the negroes are equal in intelligence to other races what's the problem?
All they have to do is prove it. We've been waiting for decades right?
We've spent trillions of taxpayer money to 'help' them but nothing ever works.
I say give every negro a million dollars and then surely the negroes will be able to 'get ahead' right?

Actually it isn't. And it's something that was not missed by George Lucas himself, who introduced Lando Calrissian in the second film. Perry's point isn't insignificant either.

While I am sure this was not Lucas' initial intention, especially since Star Wars was meant to be an indictment of the Vietnam War, it came across that way to many folks.

Really, it came across that way to many folks? What folks are these? Other than the scene from Chasing Amy that someone already posted, and which is nothing but a silly stereotype joke, I don't think I've ever heard someone say that Star Wars and Darth Vader are racist. That's probably because it's a pretty ridiculous notion for any number of reasons.

Did Lucas say that he introduced Lando so there would be a black character to counteract the racist tones of the movies?

Shit like this helps the tea party! There's nothing freaking racist about it.

Stop the idiocy.

Has Harris-Perry ever noticed that all of the storm troopers in Star Wars are in full white uniforms ?

And they report to the black guy who kills them if they disobey. But I'm sure she's fine with that. LMAO!!! Liberals are so fucking funny!!!

Yeah, I get that. And MHP is smart enough to know that her aduience of 18-45 y/o people would get that also.

It seems like an awkward/needless observation to make. But hell, you have to fill X number of hours per week. Not all takes are going to be home runs.

Yeah, I get that. And MHP is smart enough to know that her aduience of 18-45 y/o people would get that also.

It seems like an awkward/needless observation to make. But hell, you have to fill X number of hours per week. Not all takes are going to be home runs.

This isn't just 'not a home run'. It's incredibly ridiculous. :)

I would think that she would like to have that one back; much like Megan Kelly's insistance that Jesus is white, the hologram on CNN, Rubio's water moment, SJ Lee's asking about the rover seeing the Mars Flag and Cheney's thinking we'd be greeted as liberators.

We all do it from time to time.

I would think that she would like to have that one back; much like Megan Kelly's insistance that Jesus is white, the hologram on CNN, Rubio's water moment, SJ Lee's asking about the rover seeing the Mars Flag and Cheney's thinking we'd be greeted as liberators.

We all do it from time to time.

This happens to be the only thing I remember having heard from the woman, so my impression of her is a poor one at the moment. I'll probably forget who she is soon enough, so if something else comes up at a later date she can make a new first impression on me. :lol:

Santa throughout all of history has BEEN a fat white male. Why can't people accept this?

Sure he was white. Santa as we know him was a product of white western culture loosely based on St. Nicholas. Only when it was recognized that the image of Santa could be a marketing tool, did the image Santa change to fit the targeted population.

White racists threaten to boycott Star Wars Episode 7 because of "white genocide":

Forum List

Back