MTG's classically authoritarian maneuver.

MAGA Promises Tit For Tat ‘Retribution’

One of the big arguments from the center right, and GOP presidential candidates, in response to the Trump indictment has been that it’s going to make prosecutions of politicians a regular feature of American politics.

It’s an argument that doesn’t address the reality we’re in: well-documented allegations of unopposed lawbreaking by a President for years and years, or the consequences of impunity for the powers.

It also falls just short of being a threat: we’re going to prosecute Democratic politicians once we’re in power. To be clear, that’s not a bad thing in itself: the powerful should be prosecuted if they’re found to have committed crimes, regardless of political party.

But some of Trump’s MAGA cohorts take it way further, promising “retribution” once back in office.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Don Jr.’s fiancee and a MAGA influencer, posted a photo on Instagram saying “RETRIBUTION IS COMING.”

MAGA Threats Mass Around Mar-a-Lago Miami Hearing

MTG isn't the only one.

This is a blindingly clear example of what authoritarian governments do.

Marjorie Taylor Greene announces bill to defund Special Counsel Jack Smith, derail investigation of Trump

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican from Georgia, announced Monday she will introduce a measure to remove funding for special counsel Jack Smith’s office and his investigation into former President Donald Trump.

"Today, I'd like to announce that I'm writing an appropriations rider to defund Jack Smith, special counsel, his office and the investigation," Greene said Monday on the House Floor. "This is a weaponized government attempt to take down the top political enemy and leading presidential candidate of the United States, Donald J. Trump."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ma...counsel-jack-smith-derail-investigation-trump

When enforcement of the rule of law becomes a threat the authoritarian playbook says shut down the investigators.

I'm waiting for the specious analogies to Shokin.
Nothing surprises anymore, the extent to which most on the right will go to undermine democracy, the rule of law, and the will of the people.

BBC have just beeen inteerviewing Trumps friends outside his hotel. They were all wearing clothing that featured the US flag and had a struggle to speak english.

Stop pokin the dawg

I could make out from one fellow who had a straggly grey mullet. He nodded his head to emphasise his message.

I dont think they were people trump would allow in his hotel.

Nor could they dream of affording it!

This is a blindingly clear example of what authoritarian governments do.

Marjorie Taylor Greene announces bill to defund Special Counsel Jack Smith, derail investigation of Trump

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican from Georgia, announced Monday she will introduce a measure to remove funding for special counsel Jack Smith’s office and his investigation into former President Donald Trump.

"Today, I'd like to announce that I'm writing an appropriations rider to defund Jack Smith, special counsel, his office and the investigation," Greene said Monday on the House Floor. "This is a weaponized government attempt to take down the top political enemy and leading presidential candidate of the United States, Donald J. Trump."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ma...counsel-jack-smith-derail-investigation-trump

When enforcement of the rule of law becomes a threat the authoritarian playbook says shut down the investigators.

I'm waiting for the specious analogies to Shokin.

She is following the CONSTITUTION. Unlike YOUR dear Mr. Smith, who shits on it every chance he can.

Forum List

Back