Mubarak Should Go and the Muslim Brotherhood Should NOT replace him

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Mubarak, like most of the leaders we have supported in the middle east, is abusive of human rights and bad to his people in general. Our support of him, in itself, makes our country hypocrites as we say we stand for freedom and justice yet we have supported people like Mubarak, Saddam Hussein, and the old Sha of Iran.

This is why many in the middle east do not like America and we need to stop it now.

This is also why would also shouldn't support the Muslim Brotherhood people as they will just do to the egyptians what the Iatollah did to the Iranians.

Study history and learn from our experiences in the late 70's with Iran people. Lets not repeat the same mistakes all over again.

No I dont have the answer and no I don't know who should run egypt but I do know that backing either one of the two I mentioned would continue to make america look like the hypocrites we have been in the middle east for several decades now.

Sorry had to get that out of my head.

Let me know what you guys think....I want to hear especially from anyone who is from the middle east or has lived there....let me know how off or on base I am.

Anyone out there?

Yo

I agree though personally I don't think we should support or not support anybody vying for power in Egypt. It's their House let them take care of it.

If the Suez Canal gets hijacked I am fine with a coalition reopening it but as far as the internal politics of Egypt are concerned we should stay the eff out of them.

Anyone out there?

Yo

I agree though personally I don't think we should support or not support anybody vying for power in Egypt. It's their House let them take care of it.

If the Suez Canal gets hijacked I am fine with a coalition reopening it but as far as the internal politics of Egypt are concerned we should stay the eff out of them.

We agree.

Most of the hatred for us in the middle east is because we stick our noses in this stuff all the time.

Mubarak, like most of the leaders we have supported in the middle east, is abusive of human rights and bad to his people in general. Our support of him, in itself, makes our country hypocrites as we say we stand for freedom and justice yet we have supported people like Mubarak, Saddam Hussein, and the old Sha of Iran.

This is why many in the middle east do not like America and we need to stop it now.

This is also why would also shouldn't support the Muslim Brotherhood people as they will just do to the egyptians what the Iatollah did to the Iranians.

Study history and learn from our experiences in the late 70's with Iran people. Lets not repeat the same mistakes all over again.

No I dont have the answer and no I don't know who should run egypt but I do know that backing either one of the two I mentioned would continue to make america look like the hypocrites we have been in the middle east for several decades now.

Let me know what you guys think....I want to hear especially from anyone who is from the middle east or has lived there....let me know how off or on base I am.

i agree with you. egypt is not iran, though. egypt is far more secular than iran and if reforms are encouraged, they will do far better than iran. the imams do not run egypt.

i would just correct one sentence of yours... Mubarak, like most of the leaders we have supported in the middle east, is abusive of human rights and bad to his people in general

replace the words in bold with these underlined words arab world and your assertion is correct. countries, like people, tend to act in their own self-interest, and not the self-interests of others.

Like it or not.

The Muslim Brotherhood is going to a part of any new Egyptian government.

The only question is how big of a part? :cool:

Do you think that is a good or bad thing?

Do you think it would be a good decision or bad decision for america to support them?

And thanks for the post Jillian.

The region could absolutely go horrid if Iran type govts pop up with radical types ie muslim brotherhood, and other 7th century loving characters. It's already crappy enough over there.

Like it or not.

Jordan:
"But perhaps the most controversial aspect of Tuesday’s election was the decision taken by the opposition Islamic Action Front (IAF), the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, to boycott the elections. This is why, despite the government’s upbeat assessment about the election’s mandate and the voter turnout, some observers caution that, while the electoral outcome might strengthen the hand of the government in the short term, it might ultimately prove destabilizing.

Even though seven IAF members defied the leadership’s decision and ran as independents (of which only one won a seat), the overwhelming majority of IAF rank and file participated in the boycott of the election. "

Middle East Policy Council | Jordan's Parliamentary Elections and the Muslim Brotherhood

no problem. i always enjoy when you pose those types of questions.

anyone who thinks a theocracy in egypt would be a good thing has things in mind other than our interests and world interests. in fact, i'd go so far as to say their agenda directly opposes our interests.

history has shown that islamic regimes are not democratic... are not good to their people... and are vile to their women. those values don't comport with the idea of a democratic society which the protestors, in egypt, at least, seem to want.

Egypt, like so many other countries in Egypt and across the world is not ready for self-rule. It comes down to education.

Who were the leaders who built the USA, people of Education, what was there Education. John Adams read just about every book that existed. The founders studied for years. Not just one or two, all of them.

Do we have the same in Egypt, I admit most likely they are better educated then in the past, but is the population and the leaders of the education to run a country.

Sounds like they need some direct supervision.

That is the problem with just fixing the problem with riots and battles, removing a bad leader, that is just a symptom of the problem.

The problem is a history of never being a government of the people.

That does not just happen because they want it, they must have leaders educated in Democracy, they must have leader who have read the great books, leaders who have studied philosophy, the leaders even must study the Bible.

But, the only book allowed is the Koran, that is nothing to base a government on, Iraq proves that, Iran proves that, Saudi Arabia proves that, Egypt is proving this.

I think the Middle East proves one thing, we allowed them self-government to early in thier modern day history.

Like it or not.

Do you think that is a good or bad thing?

Do you think it would be a good decision or bad decision for america to support them?
The U.S. government would never support the Muslim Brotherhood.

And will publicly state that we are going to not meddle in Egyptian internal politics.

But, behind the scenes, the American/Israeli governments will do every thing possible to derail the Brotherhood's influence in the Egyptian political arena.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but I'm tired of the USA being the world police and butting in all the time. Oh. Wait. We butt in because there is something to gain.... not because it's the right thing to do, like helping people being butchered in genocide by their own country. After all..rwanda doesn't have oil, etc.

it´s not under the usa control anymore. The time for the cia-dictators is fading now. the world wouldn´t accept another kissinger 2.0 foregin policy.

you had your chance to bring peace in the world and you failed. now the things are coming like they come. You can´t invade every middle-east/north african country. The stones are rolling and nobody can stop it anymore. But i´m in good hope that the muslims emerge themselves as the ordinary people as i know them from here.

Thank you for this post. You have said what I've been thinking. I'm trying to follow what is going on over there, talked to some that have a better idea of what may or may not happen...

Like you also asked, what is the solution?

no problem. i always enjoy when you pose those types of questions.

anyone who thinks a theocracy in egypt would be a good thing has things in mind other than our interests and world interests. in fact, i'd go so far as to say their agenda directly opposes our interests.

history has shown that islamic regimes are not democratic... are not good to their people... and are vile to their women. those values don't comport with the idea of a democratic society which the protestors, in egypt, at least, seem to want.

Those facts, and yes I think your last paragraph is fact, are why I scratch my head at people on the left who like the unrest and riots and are backing the muslim brotherhood and scratching my head at the people on the right who think we should continue to suport (with over a billion in aid every year) Mubarak.

If I was an egyptian citizen and saw what Mubarak does to his people and then see the united states sending his regime over a billion in aid to carry out his horrid actions towards the people I would be upset with america.

I would love to see them get an israel or USA style republic for the country of egypt where people get to have a real say in the govt (well in theory).

I just don't know how the people of Egypt can pull it off with all the internal and foreign influences working against that type of scenario.

I'm hoping someone reading this thread has a lightbulb go off and a great idea to share.

it´s not under the usa control anymore. The time for the cia-dictators is fading now. the world wouldn´t accept another kissinger 2.0 foregin policy.

you had your chance to bring peace in the world and you failed. now the things are coming like they come. You can´t invade every middle-east/north african country. The stones are rolling and nobody can stop it anymore. But i´m in good hope that the muslims emerge themselves as the ordinary people as i know them from here.

how did my post inspire this response? I would like to understand where you are coming from.

Forum List

Back