Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

Firstly, the BSkyB takeover has been referred to the Competition Committee. They have NO say in the issuance of broadcasting licenses. They will simply assess the monopolistic and competitive situation regarding any reconfiguration of BSkyB. Licenses are the responsibility of Ofcom.

Secondly, Murdoch is a minority shareholder of BSkyB not the owner. He owns 39%. Since the Broadacasting license is owned by British Sky Broadcasting and not News International, your point is moot.

Before calling others nob heads perhaps you should make sure you know what you're talking about. Here's something to help your education.

Can Ofcom revoke BSkyB's licence under the 'fit and proper' requirement? | Law | guardian.co.uk

And.... he's just pulled out fo his plan to buy the rest of it. Thereby denying the hysterical of their topic! Damn him!

Just another ploy by Murdoch to allow the dust to settle before making another attempt later. The bastard now has six months following which I'm sure he'll make another bid. He's banking on the heat being off in six months or so.

OFCOM is looking into the practices of news international.
so game over, where the heck are you lot gona get your opinions from now?

And.... he's just pulled out fo his plan to buy the rest of it. Thereby denying the hysterical of their topic! Damn him!

Just another ploy by Murdoch to allow the dust to settle before making another attempt later. The bastard now has six months following which I'm sure he'll make another bid. He's banking on the heat being off in six months or so.

We know that sweetie. We also know that there is an new police inquery, along with a Select Committee panel, and a judicial inquery. Neither Colin or I are 'defending' News International.

And, since Murdoch has withdrawn his bid for BSkyB, there is no need for OfCom to look into the bid.

What is the significance of hacking a dead teenager's phone????

Is this one of those lib bleeding-heart moments?

Maybe they felt that claiming the teenager was a black paraplegic would be overreaching a bit. But I guess being dead was enough.

The significant thing was that her family did not know she was dead, her body had not been found. A journalist hacked her phone and deleted messages.... thus making the police, and worse, her family, believe that she was still alive.

Get the facts before you make an ass of yourself.

Well, asking questions is trying to get the facts.

Last time I checked.

And I was just beginning to loosen up and you pretty much blew that all to fucken hell.

Maybe they felt that claiming the teenager was a black paraplegic would be overreaching a bit. But I guess being dead was enough.

The significant thing was that her family did not know she was dead, her body had not been found. A journalist hacked her phone and deleted messages.... thus making the police, and worse, her family, believe that she was still alive.

Get the facts before you make an ass of yourself.

Well, asking questions is trying to get the facts.

Last time I checked.

And I was just beginning to loosen up and you pretty much blew that all to fucken hell.

Asking a question would be more like 'So, what the hell happened with the dead teenager's phone? (note: one question mark, not three). Rational people would then wait to find out before they made comments about 'bleeding heart liberals'. What the NotW did was absolutely disgraceful.... not only did they mislead an ongoing police inquiry, but far worse.... because those messages were deleted (and ordinarily only the person who has the phone would do that), the police then believed that Milly was still alive... and so did her poor parents. Put yourself in their shoes, Mud. How would you feel about a journalist making you think your kid was alive when in fact she had been the victim of a serial killer.

What these journalists did was indefensible.

A girl walking home from school. She never arrived home. Days pass and there are no clues to her whereabouts. Police and family fear the worst. After a few weeks it becomes a murder hunt. Then police determine her phone is being used. She must still be alive....

Fucking lib bleeding heart moment? Lucky it wasn't someone close to you, eh! :cuckoo:
Sorry, but putting a political spin on a young girls tragic murder is beyond sick! :evil:

When did all of this happen?

A girl walking home from school. She never arrived home. Days pass and there are no clues to her whereabouts. Police and family fear the worst. After a few weeks it becomes a murder hunt. Then police determine her phone is being used. She must still be alive....

Fucking lib bleeding heart moment? Lucky it wasn't someone close to you, eh! :cuckoo:
Sorry, but putting a political spin on a young girls tragic murder is beyond sick! :evil:

She went missing in March 2002. Her body was discovered in Sept 2002. The guy who killed he was sentenced to life earlier this yea.

6 months. Because of those evil journalists, her parents believed she was alive. That is sick.... no matter what your politics are.

She went missing in March 2002. Her body was discovered in Sept 2002. The guy who killed he was sentenced to life earlier this yea.

6 months. Because of those evil journalists, her parents believed she was alive. That is sick.... no matter what your politics are.

So Soros and Media Matters declared war on Fox and Murdoch a few weeks ago and a nearly decade old murder all of the sudden becomes front-page news.

Sorry, but I think the timing of this is very suspect.

I admit I may have been guilty of being a less then trusting of the source of all of this. And I also admit that a 9 year old crime in the UK got by me.....so I want to apologize.

Last edited:

So Soros and Media Matters declared war on Fox and Murdoch a few weeks ago and a nearly decade old murder all of the sudden becomes front-page news.

I admit I may have been guilty of being a less then trusting of the source of all of this. And I also admit that a 9 year old crime in the UK got by me.....so I want to apologize.

You need to read up on the background before you start seeing conspiracies everywhere. I don't necessarily dismiss the idea that Soros is pulling strings but you need to learn the background first.

The link I provided... Phone Hacking - Telegraph includes a timeline.... but this has been bubbling around for several years.

Good post :) You should stop by more often.

Good post? It's not true. :lol::lol:

OfCom would have been looking at the bid from News International if Murdoch had not withdrawn it.

We know that sweetie. We also know that there is an new police inquery, along with a Select Committee panel, and a judicial inquery. Neither Colin or I are 'defending' News International.

And, since Murdoch has withdrawn his bid for BSkyB, there is no need for OfCom to look into the bid.

ofcom is not looking into the BskyB bid, its looking into news corps suitablity to broadcast in the uk.

You need to read up on the background before you start seeing conspiracies everywhere. I don't necessarily dismiss the idea that Soros is pulling strings but you need to learn the background first.

The link I provided... Phone Hacking - Telegraph includes a timeline.... but this has been bubbling around for several years.

Exactly the sort of thing that becomes an opportunity for somebody like Soros.

We have to get behind the fact that we're not dealing with reasonable people here. They will stoop at nothing. They will dredge up stories that will literally pull at your heart-strings. They have no shame. This story becomes a confusing mass of angry people and facts getting lost in the mess. It becomes a stain on anyone who is involved directly or indirectly. It already is property of Rupert Murdoch merely with a series of accusations and embellishments. It's good to know that anyone can hack your phone. It's also good to know that journalists can be dirty rotten scoundrels. This is not news to me.

My first question is this, does the owner of a company have to take responsibility for the actions of his employees regardless how far down the chain they are? When it comes to folks like Murdoch and Bush the answer is yes. But when it comes to Obama, who's DOJ, and ATF is currently involved in running guns in Mexico and Central America, the answer is no. He doesn't have to answer for anything.

Really? I don't know where you got that idea from. Here is the latest news article on the subject. As you will see, it talks about an Ofcom investigation that would accompany a RENEWED bid:

News Corp did not say it will be back for BSkyB once the furore dies down, but that's the way some in the City read Wednesday's statement. BSkyB's share price rose and watchers highlighted News Corp deputy chairman Chase Carey's comment that it was the "climate" that had prompted the withdrawal. When the political clouds clear, a few analysts inferred, Rupert Murdoch will have another go.

But on examination this theory looks highly premature. Yes, it's true that withdrawing bidders are ruled offside only for six months by the Takeover Panel. But consider the other obstacles to a second bid.
First, there are the factors we know about – the police investigation, Ofcom's consideration of the "fit and proper" test, and the fresh Competition Commission investigation that would accompany a renewed bid. Then there are the factors that can be assumed – the continued hostility in Britain to a second takeover attempt, regardless of whether News International is sold in the meantime

Will Murdoch reach for BSkyB again? Don't bet on it | Business | guardian.co.uk

Perhaps you would care to provide a link to what you are referring to.

ofcom is not looking into the BskyB bid, its looking into news corps suitablity to broadcast in the uk.

Yes, that's what they previously did when the bid was first tabled. Why would Ofcom investigate News International now? They have withdrawn their bid. So where is the link for this?

Well, that's according to you, but here's what Ofcom had to say on July 8th. Of course, things have changed now since the bid is no longer on the table. There is nothing to investigate! And it wouldn't have gone ahead until the completion of police investigations anyway. So please do tell us what you are talking about!

Ofcom, the media regulator, is to consider whether News Corporation would make a "fit and proper" owner of satellite broadcaster BSkyB.

In a statement, Ofcom's chief executive Ed Richards, emphasised that he would not act while the police and courts carried out their work.But he has written to the authorities asking to be "kept abreast" of information that would help Ofcom.

He said that Ofcom would not do anything at this moment in time to prejudice investigations by the police.

BBC News - BSkyB bid: Ofcom wants 'fit and proper' information

Last edited:

Hmmm. I do believe you may not have looked before leaping...again!

Well, that's according to you, but here's what Ofcom had to say on July 8th. Of course, things have changed now since the bid is no longer on the table. There is nothing to investigate! And it wouldn't have gone ahead until the completion of police investigations anyway. So please do tell us what you are talking about!

Ofcom, the media regulator, is to consider whether News Corporation would make a "fit and proper" owner of satellite broadcaster BSkyB.

In a statement, Ofcom's chief executive Ed Richards, emphasised that he would not act while the police and courts carried out their work.But he has written to the authorities asking to be "kept abreast" of information that would help Ofcom.

He said that Ofcom would not do anything at this moment in time to prejudice investigations by the police.

BBC News - BSkyB bid: Ofcom wants 'fit and proper' information

So, jody was wrong (again), and I was right (again) and the idiots thank her and blast me. How very liberal of them. :lol:

Forum List

Back