Music Trivia

Said1 said:
Rock trivia is a cool game.

So what band did Madonna grace her drumming talents with?

The Breakfast Club :)

What band started in the punk scene in and around Berkeley, CA and had one of their songs used in the finale of the Seinfeld series? What song?

jillian said:

What band started in the punk scene in and around Berkeley, CA and had one of their songs used in the finale of the Seinfeld series? What song?

The Sex Pistols? :laugh:

NO, the Goo Goo Dolls? They were a punk band once, right?

jillian said:
The Goo Goo's were a punk band? :eek:

I know, hard to imagine. The band may have undergone a name change, not sure about that, though.

Said1 said:
I know, hard to imagine. The band may have undergone a name change, not sure about that, though.

Now I'm gonna have to google the Goo Goo's. :duh3:

OK... now I DID google the Goo Goo's...

Founded in Buffalo, New York in 1985 by guitarist/vocalist Johnny Rzeznik and bassist/vocalist Robby Takac, the Goo Goo Dolls, who were then known as the "Sex Maggots" for two days, initially consisted of the two founders and George Tutuska on drums. The band changed their name to the Goo Goo Dolls (the name was picked out from an ad in a True Detective magazine) at the request of a local club owner who refused to let them play otherwise.[citation needed] They were originally signed on by Metal Blade Records, and they released their self-titled debut album in 1987.

The Sex Maggots? Ewwwwwwwww..... who have thunk it? heh! Johnny Rzeznk is still cute, though. :halo:

jillian said:
Now I'm gonna have to google the Goo Goo's. :duh3:

OK... now I DID google the Goo Goo's...

The Sex Maggots? Ewwwwwwwww..... who have thunk it? heh! Johnny Rzeznk is still cute, though. :halo:

In an interview, Rzeznk mentions breaking his arm and not being able to play guitar right before they were supposed to open for the Ramones. :laugh:

I think the change in genre suites them better. :D

Said1 said:
In an interview, Rzeznk mentions breaking his arm and not being able to play guitar right before they were supposed to open for the Ramones. :laugh:

I think the change in genre suites them better. :D

I think so too!! Too funny 'bout the Ramones, though. Awesome band!!! Supposedly couldn't stand each other for a huge part of their run. Joey and Johnny had major issues... one was a lib, the other a conservative. lol...

Now, why would that cause tension? :laugh:

I'll give it a little more time til I give away the answer to my question. I think Grump's gonna know that one, so will wait til he's around. So I'll wait a bit. :smoke:

Wouldn't have a clue..the only punk band I can think of is Green Day but I don't think they were on Seinfeld...but they are from that neck of the woods!! .

Dr Grump said:
Wouldn't have a clue..the only punk band I can think of is Green Day but I don't think they were on Seinfeld...but they are from that neck of the woods!! ...Pistols and the Clash were British, Ramones from NY...

It was Green Day. :beer:

And they weren't on Seinfeld. One of their songs closed the finale. :mm:

Any guesses?

jillian said:

easy Green day and time of your life

now is it my turn to ask the question? so here it is:

what legendary rock star shared screen time with keenu reeves in the 80's and had only one line while he was walking into a recording studio right before keenu was kicked out. name the artist and the movie

Lefty Wilbury said:
easy Green day and time of your life

now is it my turn to ask the question? so here it is:

what legendary rock star shared screen time with keenu reeves in the 80's and had only one line while he was walking into a recording studio right before keenu was kicked out. name the artist and the movie

I'm guessing it was Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. But I'm not sure and don't have a clue who the rock star was.

Forum List

Back