Muslim Bakeries asked to bake homosexual "wedding" cakes...

Muslim bakeries refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings VIDEO – media silent

And crickets from the libtards....shocked? I'm not. Sorry butt pirates Muslims rank higher on the the libtard appeasement list.

Old news- and more typical lies from Conservatives- and already addressed by others

crowder muslim bakery at DuckDuckGo

Honestly, this is so stupid I'm not even sure where to start.

Rush Limbaugh had a rant about how the LGBT community is afraid of "battling" Muslims over wedding cakes, because our real goal is an "all-out assault on Christianity." His single point of reference? A heavily edited video in Dearborn, Mich. which also is my hometown. The video is complete bull.

In the video, some conservative Faux News wannabe called Steven Crowder acts out a bunch of flaming-gay stereotypes while asking for offensive and silly titles to be put on a wedding cake. This included asking for "Same Sex 4ever" to be emblazoned on his cake because, you know, someone would actually pay for that.

Amazingly, none of his requests are refused. Heck, I would've turned him away just for being such an idiot. What he's asking for is also fair game for refusal because, uh, the word "sex." These guys know what kind of game they're playing.

In one scene, a woman wearing a hijab is handling his order. She asks him, "Wedding?" Crowder replies, "Yeah."

She asks, "Who's the wedding for?"

Crowder jumps back in shock from the counter and practically shouts, "It's for, uh, two people getting married."

She's just trying to be conversational, bro. Wallah. You want a gay wedding cake made by Muslims? Dearborn's gonna bake it for you. Hamdullah.

In another scene, the guy goes to a bread bakery where they're churning out fresh pita in a brick oven. It's obvious there are no cakes or sweets in the bakery. The place just makes bread. Despite not being able to take an order for a wedding cake, the men behind the counter still refer him to a place where he can get wedding photographs across the street, inshallah.

The only person who answers negatively to Crowder is a fellow who works at Hallab bakery on Warren road. I've gotten Nammoura there before -- it's pretty damn good. Unfortunately, there's one minor issue: Hallab doesn't bake wedding cakes. At all. Hallab does cater for weddings if you want a nice assortment of Lebanese sweets -- but they don't bake wedding cakes. You can even look on their website.

So please, don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or the guy who made this video. Dearborn's a diverse, wonderful city. It's the hometown of Henry Ford, the headquarters for Ford Motors Company and my family's lived here since they settled in 1803. We love everybody here: gay, straight, Christian or Muslim. Dearborn is what the rest of the world would look like if people learned how to get along.

Oh, and, uh... if all this is giving you a hankering for sweets, you're missing out if you don't order from Shatila. One tray of their assorted baklava and you'll never be the same. Allahu Akbar!
I guarantee the rubes were struck blind before they got five words into your post. They do NOT want to live in reality.
Hey Rube, that "website" they mentioned is for a place in Lebanon... JS
the bakery in dearborn seems to have gone out of business - at least yelp seems to think so.
the domain may have been theirs at the time the article was written. the domain may still be theirs and they moved to lebanon. tough to say, but an old link in an old article doesn't change that nobody refused to bake the cake.

Like blacks? I clarified earlier and said bigoted as well.

Yes, thank you for letting us know you don't understand what bigoted means either.
So FORCING people to conformity against their will isn't bigoted?

No, Public Accommodation laws aren't bigoted. They are the opposite of bigoted. If you sell a product or provide a service, you must provide that product service (in all 50 states mind you) to anyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Many states and localities (as in local laws...states rights) have expanded these protections. In some places they have extended these protections to gays. If you live in one of those places and you sell a product or provide a service, in addition to having to do it based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, you have to do it regardless of the customer's sexual orientation.

These are the laws of our country. You are free to challenge them. PA laws have been challenged before, all the way to the Supreme Court. You'll notice we still have PA laws...
I am aware they are laws. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them. Or say that they are even Constitutional.. They are very bigoted. They are bigoted laws addressing bigots to conform to other bigots because they MUST be accepted.
People have a right to be a bigot.
It takes one MAJOR limp wristed, sheepish prick to complain and sue because they couldn't go next door. "He don't like me WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Grow up and accept who you are!

Ah and the bigots have been complaining about these laws since 1964.

These laws really piss bigots off.
Bigots of all kinds....like the bigot in Oregon who discriminated against his christian employee and got double the fine than the "christian" bakery did.

And crickets from the libtards....shocked? I'm not. Sorry butt pirates Muslims rank higher on the the libtard appeasement list.

Old news- and more typical lies from Conservatives- and already addressed by others

Rush Limbaugh had a rant about how the LGBT community is afraid of "battling" Muslims over wedding cakes, because our real goal is an "all-out assault on Christianity." His single point of reference? A heavily edited video in Dearborn, Mich. which also is my hometown. The video is complete bull.

In the video, some conservative Faux News wannabe called Steven Crowder acts out a bunch of flaming-gay stereotypes while asking for offensive and silly titles to be put on a wedding cake. This included asking for "Same Sex 4ever" to be emblazoned on his cake because, you know, someone would actually pay for that.

Amazingly, none of his requests are refused. Heck, I would've turned him away just for being such an idiot. What he's asking for is also fair game for refusal because, uh, the word "sex." These guys know what kind of game they're playing.

In one scene, a woman wearing a hijab is handling his order. She asks him, "Wedding?" Crowder replies, "Yeah."

Crowder jumps back in shock from the counter and practically shouts, "It's for, uh, two people getting married."

She's just trying to be conversational, bro. Wallah. You want a gay wedding cake made by Muslims? Dearborn's gonna bake it for you. Hamdullah.

In another scene, the guy goes to a bread bakery where they're churning out fresh pita in a brick oven. It's obvious there are no cakes or sweets in the bakery. The place just makes bread. Despite not being able to take an order for a wedding cake, the men behind the counter still refer him to a place where he can get wedding photographs across the street, inshallah.

The only person who answers negatively to Crowder is a fellow who works at Hallab bakery on Warren road. I've gotten Nammoura there before -- it's pretty damn good. Unfortunately, there's one minor issue: Hallab doesn't bake wedding cakes. At all. Hallab does cater for weddings if you want a nice assortment of Lebanese sweets -- but they don't bake wedding cakes. You can even look on their website.

So please, don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or the guy who made this video. Dearborn's a diverse, wonderful city. It's the hometown of Henry Ford, the headquarters for Ford Motors Company and my family's lived here since they settled in 1803. We love everybody here: gay, straight, Christian or Muslim. Dearborn is what the rest of the world would look like if people learned how to get along.

Oh, and, uh... if all this is giving you a hankering for sweets, you're missing out if you don't order from Shatila. One tray of their assorted baklava and you'll never be the same. Allahu Akbar!
I guarantee the rubes were struck blind before they got five words into your post. They do NOT want to live in reality.

These are the two bakeries mentioned:

Shatila Bakery

Hallab Bakery - Detroit
Umm did you click on the hallab link you just posted? There is nothing there.
the link in the post you commented on goes to a Lebanese chain..

the bakery in dearborn seems to have gone out of business - at least yelp seems to think so.
the domain may have been theirs at the time the article was written. the domain may still be theirs and they moved to lebanon. tough to say, but an old link in an old article doesn't change that nobody refused to bake the cake.
That guy did. He told him to go somewhere else. Did you watch it?

Shatila Bakery

Hallab Bakery - Detroit
imagine that. a link in an old article to a small bakery has become outdated. crazy.

Shatila Bakery

Hallab Bakery - Detroit
imagine that. a link in an old article to a small bakery has become outdated. crazy.
If the link is outdated, then why post it? Consistency perhaps?

fine. he refused him in the same way that burger king won't put spaghetti on my burger even though i tell them they say 'have it your way'

the author of the video admits nobody refused him because it was a same-sex wedding.

Shatila Bakery

Hallab Bakery - Detroit
wtf are you talking about? the link is from the article -either it was correct at the time of the writing or it never was. given the way that restaurants and bakeries fail it would not surprise me if the site was correct at the time of writing and is no longer and the domain has since been purchased by the lebanese chain.

Shatila Bakery

Hallab Bakery - Detroit
wtf are you talking about? the link is from the article -either it was correct at the time of the writing or it never was. given the way that restaurants and bakeries fail it would not surprise me if the site was correct at the time of writing and is no longer and the domain has since been purchased by the lebanese chain.
The Hallab Bakery in Detroit has closed.

The Muslim bakery video was made some time ago. This topic is a rehash of stale bullshit.

fine. he refused him in the same way that burger king won't put spaghetti on my burger even though i tell them they say 'have it your way'

the author of the video admits nobody refused him because it was a same-sex wedding.
He had cakes behind him. He refused to simply write something on it. A few of them might have been bullshit, but not all.

He had cakes behind him. He refused to simply write something on it. A few of them might have been bullshit, but not all.

You can't compel speech. The cake would still be baked, you have to write your own hate speech on it.

The author of the video himself said that no one refused to bake a cake.

But you know that.

So why is it you'll believe an edited video but not an actual quote from the video's authir saying he was not refused?

Except of course- nobody refused to bake a cake

Crowder visited a few Muslim-owned bakeries in Dearborn, Mich., to find out how they would handle his request for a cake.

“Many were very friendly,” he acknowledged, adding that “no one said ‘No, we won’t do it.’”

But you know that.
He said the guy told him to go somewhere else. That is just ridiculous

There was a video of people in Michigan that were refusing to do gay marriage cakes. All over the internet but nobody cared..
GRANTED, it isn't illegal there..
HOWEVER, there was no uproar about it. If it was a Christian in the SAME state, they would have been socially assassinated.
PS I didn't watch the video in the OP it could be the video I am referring to
This is that video. It has been debunked
debunked?
Right, as in the only people that said "no" don't bake wedding cakes. Debunked. As in, it was bullshit from the start. Debunked, as in younguys will let yourselves be lead around by the nose if the right buzzwords are used.
So they guy that had cakes behind him didn't make wedding cakes?

Apparently not. I've looked at their entire website. There's not one mention of 'wedding cakes'. They do make cake though.

Hallab

There was a video of people in Michigan that were refusing to do gay marriage cakes. All over the internet but nobody cared..
GRANTED, it isn't illegal there..
HOWEVER, there was no uproar about it. If it was a Christian in the SAME state, they would have been socially assassinated.
PS I didn't watch the video in the OP it could be the video I am referring to
debunked?
Right, as in the only people that said "no" don't bake wedding cakes. Debunked. As in, it was bullshit from the start. Debunked, as in younguys will let yourselves be lead around by the nose if the right buzzwords are used.

Apparently not. I've looked at their entire website. There's not one mention of 'wedding cakes'. They do make cake though.

Hallab
Damn... you got me. I didn't catch where the guy went to LEBANON to do the video LOL

debunked?

Hallab
Damn... you got me. I didn't catch where the guy went to LEBANON to do the video LOL

No worries. These propaganda style videos are meant to deceive. Its hardly surprising that they occasionally succeed.

debunked?

Hallab

No worries. These propaganda style videos are meant to deceive. Its hardly surprising that they occasionally succeed.
Are you fuckin kidding me? The guy was in Michigan. That link you posted is for a bakery in LEBANON
THINK

But you know that.
He said the guy told him to go somewhere else. That is just ridiculous

And what is ridiculous about suggesting that he go to a place that makes wedding cakes?

What is ridiculous is you continuing to insist that this guy was refused a cake- when he said himself that

“Many were very friendly,” he acknowledged, adding that “no one said ‘No, we won’t do it.’”

So lets review what we can from this extremely choppy video- heavily edited to prevent his audience from seeing the complete questions and answers.

At 2.04 in the video he is asking a woman behind the counter of cakes (no apparent wedding cakes- just cakes) for a wedding cake- he never shows what the woman says- why? Aren't you curious why he asks her for a wedding cake- but doesn't include her response?

Then at 2:14 he is asking questions of a man in the same bakery- a man who doesn't appear to speak much English since his dialogue consists of 'ya' 'no' "Kroeger'

Then at at 2:18 he cuts to what appears to be different bakery- that advertises 'Pies'- and the guy there who does appear to speak English helpfully tells him where Kroeger is.- "Kroeger is across the street"

Then at 2:21 he is back to the women behind the counter again- why? Who the hell knows why? He once again asks the woman for a cake- and once again- doesn't include her response? Why?

Then back to guy #1- where the guy says 'no- no I don't want it'- and is cut away again to-

Guy #2- Where the author says to guy #2- "It seems wierd you would send me to another bakery"- what seems wierd to me is that he didn't show us the guys response- why not?

2:43 back to Guy #1- with the same footage from 2:14

2:53 he switches to Guy #3- at the second bakery- the one with no cakes- only pies- and Guy #3 says "What you will have to do is go across the street to get your pictures taken"- apparently this bakery is not a photo studio either.

3:03- back to Guy #1 again- where the intrepid author says "we want at least the writing "Groom and Groom- two grooms" and Guy #1 says "Ya"

3:08- back to Woman #1- again asking her for a wedding cake- again not showing us her response

3:14- back to Guy #1 again- asking Guy #1 to do the writing and Guy #1 says "ya ya" and when asked again says "no"

Nowhere in the video does anyone tell this guy they won't bake a wedding cake for him.
He doesn't show us a single response from any of the women- why? Why indeed?
He doesn't show us the response from Guy #2- other than directions to Kroeger.
Guy #3 tells him to go across the street for the pictures.....

This is such a none refusal- that the guy couldn't even come up with a single uninterupted video of him asking for a cake- and anyone saying "We wont' bake you a cake"

Hell he didn't even show us a single example of a wedding cake in a bakery- bakery #1 makes cakes- does it make wedding cakes- maybe- bakery #2 makes pies- no sign of a cake in the place.

It is almost like this Chowder head guy is deliberately trying to deceive simpletons who want to believe this crap.

Forum List

Back