Muslim communities share guidelines on how to deal with cartoons

good on them. truthfully we'd all do better to follow those guidelines when discussing things we are passionate about.

:lol: Seriously? You don't see there being a problem with having to tell people NOT to cut heads off because of cartoons? Goodness, I don't know about you, but nobody would have to tell me that, as I would never even consider doing such a thing no matter how angry I was. That is because I am a sane person, and no nutty religion has infiltrated my life and brain so much so that I would do such things.
must have missed that part. all i saw was that they should be patient, loving, and understanding while still not shying away from explaining their feelings and beliefs.

the horror.

Point being, that people have to be pacified about cartoons! That's crazy!
oh. i thought the point was you are a bigot

Okay. :D There are worse things to be, like a Muslim terrorist! Lol! I don't care about you idiots calling me a bigot anymore. Go ahead. Do your worse. You can't hurt me, and I'm going to continue to say it as I see it. Don't like it? Too effing bad!
muslim terrorists are bigots.
but you couldn't see this as a community trying to support its members in dealing with hostile, angry idiots while staying true to their beliefs.you know, helping them to explain that most aren't cutting off heads because of a cartoon, but that that doesn't mean they don't find it offensive. nope, you had to see it as the only thing preventing mass beheadings.

try some empathy. it won't kill you.

Hey France - Kick The Muslims Out Of Your Country And Your Problems Are Over!

Freedom Outpost ^

So, while watching the evening news, I see the French citizens out marching in the streets holding hands, singing and carrying banners that say "Not Afraid." That's all well and good, but here's a thought...kick the Muslims out of your country and your problems will be solved. The French are finally seeing what multiculturalism and political correctness are really all about. They have allowed invaders to legally immigrate to their country, set-up their own separate system of government, and even go so far as to allow "infidel free zones" where only Muslims are allowed to be. How stupid is that?...

An intact gold hymen with a 72 horse power V-4?

Horses, virgins, and 72 Maids a-Milkin'? :dunno:
:lol: Seriously? You don't see there being a problem with having to tell people NOT to cut heads off because of cartoons? Goodness, I don't know about you, but nobody would have to tell me that, as I would never even consider doing such a thing no matter how angry I was. That is because I am a sane person, and no nutty religion has infiltrated my life and brain so much so that I would do such things.
must have missed that part. all i saw was that they should be patient, loving, and understanding while still not shying away from explaining their feelings and beliefs.

the horror.

Okay. :D There are worse things to be, like a Muslim terrorist! Lol! I don't care about you idiots calling me a bigot anymore. Go ahead. Do your worse. You can't hurt me, and I'm going to continue to say it as I see it. Don't like it? Too effing bad!
but you couldn't see this as a community trying to support its members in dealing with hostile, angry idiots while staying true to their beliefs.you know, helping them to explain that most aren't cutting off heads because of a cartoon, but that that doesn't mean they don't find it offensive. nope, you had to see it as the only thing preventing mass beheadings.

It's a fucking cartoon, and people need to get a hold of themselves!! This is retarded, and so are the excuses!

the horror.

It's a fucking cartoon, and people need to get a hold of themselves!! This is retarded, and so are the excuses!
what's retarded, that a group has to put out guidance on how to deal with people like yourself?

Hey France - Kick The Muslims Out Of Your Country And Your Problems Are Over!

Freedom Outpost ^

So, while watching the evening news, I see the French citizens out marching in the streets holding hands, singing and carrying banners that say "Not Afraid." That's all well and good, but here's a thought...kick the Muslims out of your country and your problems will be solved. The French are finally seeing what multiculturalism and political correctness are really all about. They have allowed invaders to legally immigrate to their country, set-up their own separate system of government, and even go so far as to allow "infidel free zones" where only Muslims are allowed to be. How stupid is that?...

I saw an interview with a guy today (some Muslim religious leader who lives in France), and he was saying that they deserve to die for making fun of Muhammad. I don't consider this a religion. I think it's more like a cult. I don't care if people don't like that. From everything I have read about, seen and heard about, that is my opinion on the matter.

what's retarded, that a group has to put out guidance on how to deal with people like yourself?

Look, fuck off. I'm not interested in talking to you. You started off by calling me names, so go fuck yourself, k? :D

It's simple you deal with cartoons that may offend you by ignoring them. Charlie Hebo used cartoons as satire, and went after every religion along with politicians, using political cartoons.

As they say "if you can't take the heat in the kitchen" get out. Go back to your theocracy run Islamic countries and don't come back.

Hi! I'm Irish-Muslim.

First, I'll get shit-faced on 5 pints of Guiness. Then I'll cut your head off and stuff your Blarney Stones down your throat.

You can thank me in the morning.

Thanks for that, actually it was funny!

A SET OF guidelines on how to react to cartoons depicting Mohammad has been shared among Muslim communities this morning.

Published by a teacher in London, they have been added to by an Islamic Centre in Ireland following the release of Charlie Hebdo’s survivors’ edition.

Dublin-based Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri calls for Irish Muslims not to allow hatred creep into their hearts and react with patience, tolerance, gentleness and mercy.

He, however, has also encouraged Muslims to discuss their feelings and their anger with people they know, especially those not of the same faith.

Here are the guidelines, in full, as set out by Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri, the President and Imam of the Al-Mustafa Islamic Educational & Cultural Centre Ireland.

good on them. truthfully we'd all do better to follow those guidelines when discussing things we are passionate about.

the horror.

Different culture.
Crazy, yes. Still....I see a lot of pots calling kettles black in this.

Hey? Ever see a cartoon of Jesus with a hard on? How about one of Him masturbating? Or fucking a sheep? Fingering some chick? Buttfucking some guy? Any christians here cringing at the thought? What if a magazine printed out such cartoons all the time, 24/7? Would that piss ya off? Or make you uncomfortable? Even ignoring that magazine, knowing it was doing that...would it bug ya?

A SET OF guidelines on how to react to cartoons depicting Mohammad has been shared among Muslim communities this morning.

Published by a teacher in London, they have been added to by an Islamic Centre in Ireland following the release of Charlie Hebdo’s survivors’ edition.

Dublin-based Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri calls for Irish Muslims not to allow hatred creep into their hearts and react with patience, tolerance, gentleness and mercy.

He, however, has also encouraged Muslims to discuss their feelings and their anger with people they know, especially those not of the same faith.

Here are the guidelines, in full, as set out by Shaykh Umar Al-Qadri, the President and Imam of the Al-Mustafa Islamic Educational & Cultural Centre Ireland.

Kinda like the Christians that were part of the Inquisition and witch hunters, eh? Ain't just muslims, ya know.

Do you use your hand to wipe shit from your asshole? Still digging holes in the ground?

note to Muslims in Europe- YOU chose to move there. Europe is NOT the ME- (yet)- stop your bitching and YOU learn to adhere to their ways. Imagine if a bunch of Americans (millions) moved to the ME and demanded adherence to the Christian faith.

Hey? Ever see a cartoon of Jesus with a hard on? How about one of Him masturbating? Or fucking a sheep? Fingering some chick? Buttfucking some guy? Any christians here cringing at the thought? What if a magazine printed out such cartoons all the time, 24/7? Would that piss ya off? Or make you uncomfortable? Even ignoring that magazine, knowing it was doing that...would it bug ya?

straw man premises. Second of all Christians do not go behead people- even in their OWN Country for crap like that. You must be a lib.

It's simple you deal with cartoons that may offend you by ignoring them. Charlie Hebo used cartoons as satire, and went after every religion along with politicians, using political cartoons.

As they say "if you can't take the heat in the kitchen" get out. Go back to your theocracy run Islamic countries and don't come back.

yes Jews and Christians were also made fun off, but you would never know it!

Youv'e never seen Jesus with a hard on because he wasn't a PEDO who married six year old and raped her before she reached puberty. Duh.

That being said… Charlie also insulted Christians and Jews, and they did't need any guide telling them to NOT chop people's head off.

Pure madness.

Umm, the particular magazine HAS printed offensive cartoons about Christianity and Judaism too! Funny that we don't have to tell THEM not to cut off people's heads. :rolleyes-41:

You are making excuses for them.

Youv'e never seen Jesus with a hard on because he wasn't a PEDO who married six year old and raped her before she reached puberty. Duh.

That being said… Charlie also insulted Christians and Jews, and they did't need any guide telling them to NOT chop people's head off.

Pure madness.

My thoughts exactly. There is absolutely NO excuse for their behavior. NONE.

Pure madness.
Again, these guidelines are about facing hatred and bigotry with patience and understanding while not shying away from expressing why the images are upsetting.

There is no mention of chopping off heads.

Forum List

Back