CDZ Muslim Terrorism versus Islamopohobes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, go ask a few Muslims if they'd prefer the US be under sharia, you'll have your answer. The fact is, you won't find a Muslim who wouldn't prefer sharia over anything else, it's a central core element of their faith. Now you know. Glad I could help.

Who doesn't prefer the comfort of home? Things is, as the left has mentioned, most of the Muslim immigrants here get up and go to work, then pay their taxes like all other Americans. Is the possibility of one going off justify removing them all or preventing any from migrating?
At least you don't dispute the claim that all muslims would prefer living under sharia. Sure they are mostly peaceful here and pay their taxes, but if they could, they turn the US sharia.
Source?

I am reading some common themes from both "sides". Treat people as individuals and apply a immigration policy equally to all who want entry. Also, be more diligent in keeping track of those who visit known terrorist areas upon their return, if we let them return.

I wonder what politicians would do if Americans as a group voiced that?

What percentage of Christians would prefer Biblical law to secular law? This desire is not unique to muslims.
100% of muslims prefer sharia. Christians who want to live under bible law are not many, and only the kooks.

Source?
The koran. Sharia is a central part of being a Muslim.

Ok...but I don't think a religious text is a public opinion poll and it certainly doesn't reflect what today's Muslims prefer.
If a Muslim rejects sharia, then he's rejecting the koran, which means he's not really a Muslim, is he?
That is a pretty simplistic view of it, isn't it?

I am reading some common themes from both "sides". Treat people as individuals and apply a immigration policy equally to all who want entry. Also, be more diligent in keeping track of those who visit known terrorist areas upon their return, if we let them return.

Likely have a conniption. "It just can't be THAT simple!!!" LOL

Ladies and gentleman, I thank you for over one hundred twenty posts of relatively on topic posting. I just do not have the time to continue moderating the thread all day. Please try your best to do the good job I have witnessed here so far. Thank you for participating and I hope to check back and comment some.

Like I said, go ask a few Muslims if they'd prefer the US be under sharia, you'll have your answer. The fact is, you won't find a Muslim who wouldn't prefer sharia over anything else, it's a central core element of their faith. Now you know. Glad I could help.

What percentage of Christians would prefer Biblical law to secular law? This desire is not unique to muslims.
100% of muslims prefer sharia. Christians who want to live under bible law are not many, and only the kooks.

Source?

100% of Muslims would be a huge stretch and isn't supported by any poll I have seen. However, a majority of Muslims across the world, shielded by an anonymous poll, still believe Sharia is the revealed word of God/Allah and should be the law of the land. Publically, Mudda is probably right that close to 100% would say that as ramifications for speaking against the Qu'ran can be quite terrible.

upload_2016-5-20_13-9-32.png

Chapter 1: Beliefs About Sharia

But as for Christians, all we have to do is look at our laws in a predominantly Christian country to know that those who would have the secular law reflect Biblical law are in short supply.

I can't lay my hands on it at the moment, but the last poll of U.S. Muslims I saw, about 40% said they would support Sharia as the law of the land. About 12% of those would support the most extreme version including execution for blasphemy, etc.

Last edited:
At least you don't dispute the claim that all muslims would prefer living under sharia. Sure they are mostly peaceful here and pay their taxes, but if they could, they turn the US sharia.

But they cannot, unless we let them.

And, before that - they would have to want to and the evidence is sorely lacking.

Oh they have made some initial steps in Dearborn, MI.

Well and thoroughly debunked, no matter how many times it's reiterated on message boards.

Source?

100% of Muslims would be a huge stretch and isn't supported by any poll I have seen. However, a majority of Muslims across the world, shielded by an anonymous poll, still believe Sharia is the revealed word of God/Allah and should be the law of the land. Publically, Mudda is probably right that close to 100% would say that as ramifications for speaking against the Qu'ran can be quite terrible.

View attachment 75448
Chapter 1: Beliefs About Sharia

But as for Christians, all we have to do is look at our laws in a predominantly Christian country to know that those who would have the secular law reflect Biblical law are in short supply.

I can't lay my hands on it at the moment, but the last poll of U.S. Muslims I saw, about 40% said they would support Sharia as the law of the land. About 12% of those would support the most extreme version including execution for blasphemy, etc.

That might be the poll referenced in this article: Trump Calls for Ban on Muslims, Cites Deeply Flawed Poll

I'm skeptical of it. Pew on the other hand has a solid reputation for it's methodology.

Personally, I find Muslims as a whole to be intolerant of many basic Western thoughts. I also think excluding the average Muslim from living in the West to be repugnant. It flies in the face of Western thought. Muslim terrorists are a legitimate threat to the West, being passive about them is not a good solution. It appears some type of compromise in Western values may have to occur in order to deal with the problem. For example, after 9/11 Congress passed the Patriot Act, which in essence suspended parts of the Constitution. I would prefer some solution that is not that extreme, yet still effective. Ideas?

So, your reaction against intolerance is, intolerance?

But they cannot, unless we let them.

And, before that - they would have to want to and the evidence is sorely lacking.

Oh they have made some initial steps in Dearborn, MI.

Well and thoroughly debunked, no matter how many times it's reiterated on message boards.

That's the kind of disinformation that blurs the ability to create sound policy because you're working from a flawed basis.

City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law
FALSE: ISIS Flags at Michigan Rally
Dearborn Ramadan Curfew
Dry Dearbornistan

If this is your belief - what would be considered a "rational policy" based on that belief? I don't think it would be good one. Policies should be based on facts.

Is that what I said or what you want it to mean? Sounds to me like I am trying to get a working model to solve a problem, while maintaining Constitutional rights.

That's the kind of disinformation that blurs the ability to create sound policy because you're working from a flawed basis.

Dearborn Ramadan Curfew
Dry Dearbornistan

If this is your belief - what would be considered a "rational policy" based on that belief? I don't think it would be good one. Policies should be based on facts.

Didn't read the Dry Dearbornistan, but I can tell you my county is conservative and we do not sell liquor on Sundays in restaurants. :lol:

Dearborn Ramadan Curfew
Dry Dearbornistan

Didn't read the Dry Dearbornistan, but I can tell you my county is conservative and we do not sell liquor on Sundays in restaurants. :lol:

:lol: My state is conservative and we had a recent legislative foofra about (gasp) selling liquor before the afternoon on Sundays!

Is that what I said or what you want it to mean? Sounds to me like I am trying to get a working model to solve a problem, while maintaining Constitutional rights.

You said some compromise needed in western values to deal with this problem.

That western value being tolerance, not?

If not, what is the western value that you would compromise then?

:lol: My state is conservative and we had a recent legislative foofra about (gasp) selling liquor before the afternoon on Sundays!

I salute your forward thinking, no liquor sales here before noon on Sunday. What the Hell, maybe we have Sharia here!!! Nope.

At least half of them would be voted out of office next time 'round. But Americans can't agree on Coke vs Pepsi. When have we ever agreed on anything? :lol:

You said some compromise needed in western values to deal with this problem.

That western value being tolerance, not?

If not, what is the western value that you would compromise then?

There's the Melting Pot history, restricting religion, invasions of privacy and so on. I am not keen on compromise with these, but we are looking at any viable option and debating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back