"My Body, My Choice": The Worst Abortion Talking Points

If you weren't making a claim, then you didn't answer the question. If you don't have an answer for my question, then you don't have an argument against deontological ethics and you're just making filler posts.

What I am doing is stating an opinion that is different than yours, and for reasons that I can not fathom, you have a very hard time dealing with that. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
That's riveting, however opinions are subjective, while ethics are objective. This is why I asked you to justify the initiation of force. If you can't, you have no argument against deontological ethics.

If that makes you feel better..... but your ethics are still not more valid than mine.
Not my ethics, objective ethics. Feelings are irrelevant. If you had an argument against deontological ethics, you'd have made it instead of making filler posts. I suspect you're only responding, despite having no argument, to make yourself feel better. That would make your previous post projection.

Ok. I'll go there for a few minutes. I have a question. If the USA were to draft you, and tell you that you are going to go to some country in the Middle East, and kill people who live there whose religion offends us, would you go?
No. They have no legitimacy to demand that I murder anyone, especially on their behalf. They're just an organization of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers, who write opinions on paper, and back them with violence. I have no moral or ethical obligation to do anything they demand of me, and in fact, if they demand that I initiate force against someone else, I have a moral and ethical obligation NOT to do as I'm told.

What I am doing is stating an opinion that is different than yours, and for reasons that I can not fathom, you have a very hard time dealing with that. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
That's riveting, however opinions are subjective, while ethics are objective. This is why I asked you to justify the initiation of force. If you can't, you have no argument against deontological ethics.

If that makes you feel better..... but your ethics are still not more valid than mine.
Not my ethics, objective ethics. Feelings are irrelevant. If you had an argument against deontological ethics, you'd have made it instead of making filler posts. I suspect you're only responding, despite having no argument, to make yourself feel better. That would make your previous post projection.

Ok. I'll go there for a few minutes. I have a question. If the USA were to draft you, and tell you that you are going to go to some country in the Middle East, and kill people who live there whose religion offends us, would you go?
No. They have no legitimacy to demand that I murder anyone, especially on their behalf. They're just an organization of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers, who write opinions on paper, and back them with violence. I have no moral or ethical obligation to do anything they demand of me, and in fact, if they demand that I initiate force against someone else, I have a moral and ethical obligation NOT to do as I'm told.

Well, good for you! So, I have now established that at least one of your ethics is as valid as mine! Congratulations!

That is another failed argument. That's like saying nothing in human history has ever prevented rape, so we should just make it legal.

Wow. So much fail.

Rape has disappeared from our world? Since when?
You really struggle with LOGIC, dont you!
You STILL have not explained to me, in any logical way, how you will stop/prevent a woman from having an abortion if that is her decision.

You don't because you aren't willing to follow that path to it's logical conclusion. Which is your brave new MAGA world where the state controls reproduction.

I'll never submit to that and neither will the majority our society. You lose.

OH MY GOSH. You are dense. That is not the issue! That is nothing but a red herring.

Furthermore, you're simply wrong. Abortion restrictions actually DO lessen the number of abortions. Again, watch this video, she thoroughly debunks that myth:

But even if that wasn't the case, even if laws DON'T make a difference at all (which is false), it's STILL irrelevant to the question of whether or not abortion is justified. Which is the crux of the abortion debate.

The crux of YOUR debate, not mine. I'm done with this lifelong debate. Tired of it. Finished.

Now I Just Say No. Along with the other pro-choice women and plenty of pro-choice men.

Well, good for you! So, I have now established that at least one of your ethics is as valid as mine! Congratulations!
You seem to be confusing moral with ethical. Ethics are objective, morals are dependent on the individual. This means that the statement "Your ethics" is nonsensical at best.

That is another failed argument. That's like saying nothing in human history has ever prevented rape, so we should just make it legal.

Wow. So much fail.

You STILL have not explained to me, in any logical way, how you will stop/prevent a woman from having an abortion if that is her decision.

You don't because you aren't willing to follow that path to it's logical conclusion. Which is your brave new MAGA world where the state controls all human reproduction.

I'll never submit to that and neither will the majority of our society. You lose.

You STILL have not come to the realization that laws do not prevent unacceptable actions, they punish them.

So yes, if abortion were to become illegal, many women would likely still pursue them. You'll always be able to roll the dice - you will NOT be able to dictate how they land.

You seem to be confusing moral with ethical. Ethics are objective, morals are dependent on the individual. This means that the statement "Your ethics" is nonsensical at best.

Tell me, Pumpkin, just how many angels CAN dance of the head of a pin?

What pretzel?? What are you talking about? What have I twisted?
If you can't see it, then maybe there is hope for you, but you need to quit working for evil.
You aren't countering any arguments, and you aren't saying anything.

The Right keeps circle jerking back to the same failed arguments. If all they do is to define life's beginning is at conception, they failed to prove that point. There is no scientific consensus. All that exist are theories. And since all of us have failed in proving when life begins by God's own words, then the anti-abortion argument will always be moot. Hence, why in the fluck don't you people understand why it is legal? No one can prove when life begins, and no one can prove life begins at conception. So what the hell are we talking about here? Answer, we are talking about religious, emotional, arrogant, ignorant, bull shit coming from the Right.

You are either willfully ignorant, or dishonest. Or both. There’s absolutely zero doubt according to science when life begins, it has been well-established for many decades that the life of a human being begins at conception, this is BASIC BIOLOGY.

I already posted a truckload of excepts from biology/embryology textbooks and clear quotes from scientists and doctors. And that was only a small portion of quotes, I could have posted more. But something tells me even if I posted 50,000 quotes, you still would not accept it because it’s not what you want to hear or believe.

Stop ignoring the clear words from basic biology and top scientists in this field, just so you can maintain your ignorant, misguided, spiritually bankrupt pro-death position.

By the way, if you’re genuinely interested in this debate, then watch this video.

Wrong! Life at conception is nothing more than theory, and has been debunked by the scientific community; Why life doesn't begin at conception

This isn't hard to understand people.

You post an opinion piece from an msm article? Lololol And then you disregard truckloads of excerpts from biology textbooks and scientists who specialize in this field? Don’t make me laugh. You’re being embarrassingly ignorant. PS, watch that video.

I did. It is a "that is this and that is that" video, that never breaks the code for the beginning of life. Anyone can tell you, even an embryologist that life begins at a certain time, but at the end of the day, science still tells us that really, there is no consensus. Only in the unknwn of God, can that power do that. I can post many more articles of "SCIENTISTS" telling us the same thing, that there is no consensus. And they are exactly right. All science can do is present theories. And it's up to us to filter the best possible one's.

Your video is based on theory, and quite likely a paid for Republican talking points video. The beginning of life is a state of mind that neither God, nor the science has given us concrete evidence of. That said, logic, through the best science, will always be our best clues. As my article points out, if the cells from the egg and sperm are alive, and they do not unite, then you just aborted "life", if we were to go by Right wing logic, that life begins at conception. The life was already there, with the living cells before conception, therefore, women abort all the time living cells. And so, science nor God, has given us the definitive answers to the "beginning of life " question. The explanation cannot be any more clearer than that.

Wow. So much fail.

You don't because you aren't willing to follow that path to it's logical conclusion. Which is your brave new MAGA world where the state controls all human reproduction.

I'll never submit to that and neither will the majority of our society. You lose.

You STILL have not come to the realization that laws do not prevent unacceptable actions, they punish them.

So yes, if abortion were to become illegal, many women would likely still pursue them. You'll always be able to roll the dice - you will NOT be able to dictate how they land.
You have not proven unacceptable actions.

Wow. So much fail.

Pro lifers tend to get very hazy when talking about making abortions illegal. What you fail to remember is that the only people being punished are MD's who perform them. Do you really think that the USA would be a better place if more MD's are in prison? Secondly, it is all academic anyway, because MD's would just go back to doing D&C's again, like they did before Roe. So, what have you accomplished?

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

Wow. So much fail.

Pro lifers tend to get very hazy when talking about making abortions illegal. What you fail to remember is that the only people being punished are MD's who perform them. Do you really think that the USA would be a better place if more MD's are in prison? Secondly, it is all academic anyway, because MD's would just go back to doing D&C's again, like they did before Roe. So, what have you accomplished?
Nothing!

Wow. So much fail.

You don't because you aren't willing to follow that path to it's logical conclusion. Which is your brave new MAGA world where the state controls reproduction.

OH MY GOSH. You are dense. That is not the issue! That is nothing but a red herring.

Furthermore, you're simply wrong. Abortion restrictions actually DO lessen the number of abortions. Again, watch this video, she thoroughly debunks that myth:

But even if that wasn't the case, even if laws DON'T make a difference at all (which is false), it's STILL irrelevant to the question of whether or not abortion is justified. Which is the crux of the abortion debate.

The crux of YOUR debate, not mine. I'm done with this lifelong debate. Tired of it. Finished.

Now I Just Say No. Along with the other pro-choice women and plenty of pro-choice men.

Welp that was fast--came in like a barrel of rifles, left saying you're done with the debate. That's because you were trounced, but at least you sort of admit it.

Pow!!! Right in the kisser

Wow. So much fail.

Yes. Anyone who intentionally kills an innocent in the womb, absent extenuating circumstances, deserves life in prison. IDGAF what their salutation is. As far as I'm concerned the doctor and the mother should rot together.

Wow. So much fail.

They simply cannot provide intelligent rebuttals. They only provide evidence based on their own feelings, emotions, and religion, while doing their best to hijack the science. Science says there is no consensus.

Yes. Anyone who intentionally kills an innocent in the womb, absent extenuating circumstances, deserves life in prison. IDGAF what their salutation is. As far as I'm concerned the doctor and the mother should rot together.

Ok, so you want to go back to the Middle Ages, when even the mother would forfeit her freedom, or life, because that was when the church ruled the world. There was no punishment for the mother in the US before Roe. Maybe bring back burning at the stake?

An innocent what? Too bad you can't answer that intelligently.

Wow. So much fail.

Finally some acknowledgement of a tiny bit of reality. No law will prevent abortions.

And I do believe I CAN dictate where the dice land in this instance. I know that I am pregnant and you do not. That gives me full control of the situation and gives you zero control.

Now that we've agreed on reality, tell me about your punishments for the women, please.

Ok, so you want to go back to the Middle Ages, when even the mother would forfeit her freedom, or life, because that was when the church ruled the world. There was no punishment for the mother in the US before Roe. Maybe bring back burning at the stake?
What a bunch of nuts.

Wow. So much fail.

Finally some acknowledgement of a tiny bit of reality. No law will prevent abortions.

And I do believe I CAN dictate where the dice land in this instance. I know that I am pregnant and you do not. That gives me full control of the situation and gives you zero control.

Now that we've agreed on reality, tell me about your punishments for the women, please.

I think it has to do with wearing a scarlet A on her breast the rest of her life.

Wow. So much fail.

It's not 'my' debate, it's the abortion debate overall. And I don't blame you for being tired of this debate, it does get tiring. But I hope that at some point you will try to set aside your preconceived ideas and do some honest introspection. I was once on the other side of this debate, and eventually I changed my mind. It happens, more than you think. I'm not saying you will, but when it comes to ANYTHING, pride and stubbornness are blinding, and prevents one from learning and growing.

Forum List

Back