"My Body, My Choice": The Worst Abortion Talking Points

buttercup said:
Yep, the preborn is not your body, not for you to control.

Fuck if it isn't. My body, including its contents, is mine and mine alone. It's not yours, not society's. A nation that claims otherwise has lost respect for the most fundamental of human rights.

No, you own yourself and you alone. No human being is property, not even your own offspring. And the fact that you actually think that another human being is your property is horrific, and brings to mind the same mentality as slaveowners.

Slave owners. Yes, that is your mentality. Claiming control of my body is what slavery is all about.
I'm glad you recognize that.

Do you have an original thought in your head? Just like BWK earlier, your responses are akin to “I know you are but what am I?” In fact everything you have said on this thread is on the level of a five-year-old child.

I could list numerous ways why you are exactly like a slaveowner. You dehumanize your victim, just as the slaveowners did, to justify killing the victim. You think that you can own another human being, just like the slave owners did, in this case your own child. You have zero respect for people who are not like you, just like the slaveowners did. You have zero respect for human life, just like the slaveowners did. You discriminate based on age, size and location, instead of skin color.

And just like slavery, the barbaric practice of abortion will one day be illegal, because as a society thankfully we have enough decent and responsible people who grow and evolve past those barbaric, selfish cruel mindsets. Hopefully one day you will, but whether you do or not, you’ll eventually learn, as I have been telling you.
The answer is STILL -
:no_text11:

In addition you will not control my thoughts, but I'm not surprised that you think you can. That's really what has you so worked up.

Carry on with your foaming at the mouth, your ranting and raving and your agony. It doesn't change a thing and I don't care if you are miserable. That's on you.

But, but - it's for the children!!!! You didn't build that! ... hmm... where have I heard the kinds of excuses before??

negro-fetus.jpg

Negative! You haven't trounced shit. "NotYourBody sucked the "pro-life" bs right out of you. But I'm here anytime you need consultation.

Hahahaha, sure. If you haven't noticed NotYourBody is not even responding to me anymore, so soundly did I trounce her arguments--if you can call them that.

There are no valid arguments for being pro-choice other than convenience and, at heart, selfish desires. When I saw that, long about 25 years ago, I changed from pro-choice to pro-life. The ONLY reason I was formerly pro-choice is that I was too young, busy and foolish to have ever really looked at the arguments, and past the talking points, with any amount of critical thinking. Once I did, the whole thing went up in smoke.
Are you still yapping at me? Good grief. I'll engage with you when you demonstrate how you are able to take control of my reproductive system.

That's the only issue I care about. I know that's hard for you to comprehend but I can't help you with that.

Still with the arguments of a five year old. "You can't make me".
Negative! You haven't trounced shit. "NotYourBody sucked the "pro-life" bs right out of you. But I'm here anytime you need consultation.

Hahahaha, sure. If you haven't noticed NotYourBody is not even responding to me anymore, so soundly did I trounce her arguments--if you can call them that.

There are no valid arguments for being pro-choice other than convenience and, at heart, selfish desires. When I saw that, long about 25 years ago, I changed from pro-choice to pro-life. The ONLY reason I was formerly pro-choice is that I was too young, busy and foolish to have ever really looked at the arguments, and past the talking points, with any amount of critical thinking. Once I did, the whole thing went up in smoke.
Ha, I'm not interested in your life story. Can you lock horns or not? So far, I've seen zero from you that resembles intelligent material for debate. This is my basis for debate. If you can't do anything with it then head to the back of the bus, and quit your bellyaching about nothing;
I did. It is a "that is this and that is that" video, that never breaks the code for the beginning of life. Anyone can tell you, even an embryologist that life begins at a certain time, but at the end of the day, science still tells us that really, there is no consensus. Only in the unknwn of God, can that power do that. I can post many more articles of "SCIENTISTS" telling us the same thing, that there is no consensus. And they are exactly right. All science can do is present theories. And it's up to us to filter the best possible one's.

Your video is based on theory, and quite likely a paid for Republican talking points video. The beginning of life is a state of mind that neither God, nor the science has given us concrete evidence of. That said, logic, through the best science, will always be our best clues. As my article points out, if the cells from the egg and sperm are alive, and they do not unite, then you just aborted "life", if we were to go by Right wing logic, that life begins at conception. The life was already there, with the living cells before conception, therefore, women abort all the time living cells. And so, science nor God, has given us the definitive answers to the "beginning of life " question. The explanation cannot be any more clearer than that.

If you want to assert that ovum and sperm is just like a newly conceived life than you're not even worth debating with. That's not even close to "intelligent material for debate"--that's moronic.
It's not me asserting it, it's the radical religious Right. You are running from this debate, because there is nothing you can debate. See how easy it is to kick your ass.

What is your justification for killing a unique human life in the womb?
And yet again: citizens are not required to ‘justify’ the exercising of a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

The state has no authority to dictate to a woman whether she may have a child or not – it’s her body and her choice, a choice guaranteed by the Constitution.

Are you still yapping at me? Good grief. I'll engage with you when you demonstrate how you are able to take control of my reproductive system.

That's the only issue I care about. I know that's hard for you to comprehend but I can't help you with that.

Ha, I'm not interested in your life story. Can you lock horns or not? So far, I've seen zero from you that resembles intelligent material for debate. This is my basis for debate. If you can't do anything with it then head to the back of the bus, and quit your bellyaching about nothing;
I did. It is a "that is this and that is that" video, that never breaks the code for the beginning of life. Anyone can tell you, even an embryologist that life begins at a certain time, but at the end of the day, science still tells us that really, there is no consensus. Only in the unknwn of God, can that power do that. I can post many more articles of "SCIENTISTS" telling us the same thing, that there is no consensus. And they are exactly right. All science can do is present theories. And it's up to us to filter the best possible one's.

Your video is based on theory, and quite likely a paid for Republican talking points video. The beginning of life is a state of mind that neither God, nor the science has given us concrete evidence of. That said, logic, through the best science, will always be our best clues. As my article points out, if the cells from the egg and sperm are alive, and they do not unite, then you just aborted "life", if we were to go by Right wing logic, that life begins at conception. The life was already there, with the living cells before conception, therefore, women abort all the time living cells. And so, science nor God, has given us the definitive answers to the "beginning of life " question. The explanation cannot be any more clearer than that.

If you want to assert that ovum and sperm is just like a newly conceived life than you're not even worth debating with. That's not even close to "intelligent material for debate"--that's moronic.
It's not me asserting it, it's the radical religious Right. You are running from this debate, because there is nothing you can debate. See how easy it is to kick your ass.

And yet again: citizens are not required to ‘justify’ the exercising of a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

The state has no authority to dictate to a woman whether she may have a child or not – it’s her body and her choice, a choice guaranteed by the Constitution.

Unless you think all laws are objective absolute truths, never to be questioned, your constant focus on current laws is illogical and a waste of time. For once, stop hiding behind the law and start arguing from the standpoint of ethics and truth.

because as a society thankfully we have enough decent and responsible people

i'd like to opine in the positive , but it's a huge leap for me buttercup......~S~

It doesn't take everyone, for change to happen. We have gotten past numerous things before, and we will again.
Change already happened. Abortion is legal. We are not willing to be MAGA'd back to that bull shit.
You will abort yourself out of existence.

because as a society thankfully we have enough decent and responsible people

i'd like to opine in the positive , but it's a huge leap for me buttercup......~S~

It doesn't take everyone, for change to happen. We have gotten past numerous things before, and we will again.
Change already happened. Abortion is legal. We are not willing to be MAGA'd back to that bull shit.
You will abort yourself out of existence.
See.. there you go. No laws required. Sit down and shut up.

Unless you think all laws are objective absolute truths, never to be questioned, your constant focus on current laws is illogical and a waste of time. For once, stop hiding behind the law and start arguing from the standpoint of ethics and truth.

Jones is an obedient government stooge

You might want to share that with someone you have a chance to influence. I don't see anyone like that in here.

But I could be wrong.

Is there anyone in here willing to let Buttercup determine her reproductive choices?

It wasn't posted to you. I already know that you literally don't care about anything but yourself. Many people read these threads though, who are far more objective and intellectually honest than someone like you. So posting here is not a total waste of time.

You might want to share that with someone you have a chance to influence. I don't see anyone like that in here.

But I could be wrong.

Is there anyone in here willing to let Buttercup determine her reproductive choices?

Oh, and once again, your use of the phrase "reproductive choices" yet again shows that you're either incredibly dense, or dishonest.

No one is taking away your "reproductive choices." You are free to have as many babies as you want. And you are free to have NO babies. ONCE YOU BECOME PREGNANT, YOU HAVE ALREADY REPRODUCED.

Therefore, you aren't fighting for "reproductive choices" you're fighting for "killing choices." At least be honest.

It wasn't posted to you. I already know that you literally don't care about anything but yourself. Many people read these threads though, who are far more objective and intellectually honest than someone like you. So posting here is not a total waste of time.
I sure hope they get in here to see it before it gets too far gone.

buttercup said:

Fuck if it isn't. My body, including its contents, is mine and mine alone. It's not yours, not society's. A nation that claims otherwise has lost respect for the most fundamental of human rights.

No, you own yourself and you alone. No human being is property, not even your own offspring. And the fact that you actually think that another human being is your property is horrific, and brings to mind the same mentality as slaveowners.
Wrong.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The 14th Amendment acknowledged the citizenship of former slaves and codified their rights as Americans born in the United States.

Unlike a former slave, an embryo/fetus is not a person born in the United States; as a consequence, it is not a citizen, not a person, and not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Moreover, because a woman was born in the United States and a citizen of the United States, her right to privacy is guaranteed by the 14th Amendment:

‘Constitutional protection of the woman's decision to terminate her pregnancy derives from the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. It declares that no State shall "deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." The controlling word in the case before us is "liberty." Although a literal reading of the Clause might suggest that it governs only the procedures by which a State may deprive persons of liberty, for at least 105 years, at least since Mugler v. Kansas, 123 U.S. 623, 660-661 (1887), the Clause has been understood to contain a substantive component as well, one "barring certain government actions regardless of the fairness of the procedures used to implement them."' ibid

In this case, government actions seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law.

buttercup said:

Wrong.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

The 14th Amendment acknowledged the citizenship of former slaves and codified their rights as Americans born in the United States.

Unlike a former slave, an embryo/fetus is not a person born in the United States; as a consequence, it is not a citizen, not a person, and not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Moreover, because a woman was born in the United States and a citizen of the United States, her right to privacy is guaranteed by the 14th Amendment:

‘Constitutional protection of the woman's decision to terminate her pregnancy derives from the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. It declares that no State shall "deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." The controlling word in the case before us is "liberty." Although a literal reading of the Clause might suggest that it governs only the procedures by which a State may deprive persons of liberty, for at least 105 years, at least since Mugler v. Kansas, 123 U.S. 623, 660-661 (1887), the Clause has been understood to contain a substantive component as well, one "barring certain government actions regardless of the fairness of the procedures used to implement them."' ibid

In this case, government actions seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law.
*sigh* Did you completely miss my previous post to you? Hold on, I'll find the # for you in case you missed it.

Here you go: #1746

It wasn't posted to you. I already know that you literally don't care about anything but yourself.

Again with the same politics used by the left for their social engineering agenda. Anyone who opposes it is accused of not caring about whatever problem they're addressing. If you oppose government health care, you want poor people to go without. If you oppose "free" college, you hate education. If you opposed an abortion ban, you must be a selfish jerk who loves abortion.

How does it feel to be a statist liberal?

But I could be wrong.

Oh, and once again, your use of the phrase "reproductive choices" yet again shows that you're either incredibly dense, or dishonest.

No one is taking away your "reproductive choices." You are free to have as many babies as you want. And you are free to have NO babies. ONCE YOU BECOME PREGNANT, YOU HAVE ALREADY REPRODUCED.

Therefore, you aren't fighting for "reproductive choices" you're fighting for "killing choices." At least be honest.

I don't care about your semantics. That's your game. Call it what you want. :113:

I don't know how much more honest I can be. I've not pretended any other position. But since your so fond of semantics, I'll reword it for you.

I'm fighting to keep you from having any say whatsoever over any and every single cell contained inside my body or inside a fetus that is inside my body.

Another bit of honesty - it's not a fair fight. You don't know if there is a fetus inside my body. When you can solve that simple bit of reality, come talk to me. I might be willing to listen.

Forum List

Back