My Childhood Brainwashing

It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...My grandmother telling me "OL' Scratch Will Get You."...my first recollections.

In grammar school I was required to memorize bible verses and pray. Wednesday night prayer meetings in Baptist or primitive Baptist churches. Prayers before every public event.

Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.

I suggest you would rethink your disbelieve and more think about afterlife.Do not forget that we all will be punish for our sins.

But we will be punished by a "loving god"
Right, for your disobedience. I suppose you are one of those that doesn't believe in punishing children either because you are a "loving father"?

I quit religion when I was 8.

I was forced to go to catechism (CCD) every Monday after school and I guess i was annoying the nun with all kinds of questions. She called in the priest who squeezed my face in his bony fingers and got right up in my grill and yelled, "You are not here to ask questions! You are here to listen and believe!"

I started skipping Monday CCD the very next week and haven't been in a church since.

As far as believing; I do not believe the god that the bible tells of exists.

If there is a supreme being then I have yet to see evidence proving that existence.
It wasn't a Catholic, but a Presbyterian who essentially said to me, "You are not here to ask questions! You are here to listen and believe!"

I was 10. I really liked the missionary family that brought me to the place; every now and again we exchange a letter or two, or catch up on the phone. But back then, even to my 10 year old mind, the shit taught by the Church-Lady-freak-shows in Sunday School was fucking bananas; and the questions that my 10 year old mind presented to them apparently revealed some embarrassing truths about their beliefs--too embarrassing to allow the churchers to be understanding, patient or welcoming.

What they, and frankly every single (alleged) "Christian" I've encountered since (including those here), have managed to validate for me is their God is a vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty God; that their God is the God of human suffering and misery.

I reject their God of torture and human misery on moral grounds. I refuse to validate the authority of a being who (allegedly) created imperfect volitionals to worship him, and then refuses to accept responsibility for the predictable consequences of such imperfection in his creation, so that he can rationalize justifications to inflict eternal suffering on those who (predictably) are imperfect "believers."

AND I SWEAR, if you offer me salvation through the blood of the Lord, Jesus Christ(TM), I'll say "NO THANK YOU" to this offer to expunge my "sins" in the blood of an innocent, nor shall I place upon him the burdens of "sins" he has not committed. In other words, I refuse to make a sacrificial animal of any human being -- including Jesus.

So, while the God of misery is certainly my enemy, Jesus is all-right with me; and I'm pretty certain that I'm all-right with Jesus.
So you have been screwed up since the age of ten? That explains a lot.

Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus.

You might want to think about your 'citation' again, professor.

Ok. Thought it over; the crucifixion of Jesus is still an affront to reason and decency.
That is because you are not reasonable or decent. Jesus is the truth, even though you think otherwise.

I suggest you would rethink your disbelieve and more think about afterlife.Do not forget that we all will be punish for our sins.

Right, for your disobedience. I suppose you are one of those that doesn't believe in punishing children either because you are a "loving father"?

I have never punished my children by subjecting them to fire and brimstone......for I am a "loving parent"

It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...My grandmother telling me "OL' Scratch Will Get You."...my first recollections.

In grammar school I was required to memorize bible verses and pray. Wednesday night prayer meetings in Baptist or primitive Baptist churches. Prayers before every public event.

Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.

That's true, therefore try to avoid the punishment for sins.

The Truth About Hell

Ok, I can't stand to see you embarrass yourself any further. Who did that nailing? (hint: not the "Christians" you deem indecent)
Irrelevant to my point..

It is entirely relevant that you repeated the same ridiculously erroneous claim over and over and over again without even being capable of seeing your error. This is what happens when you stop even trying to learn anything at 10 years old but pretend you understand it. Let that humiliation soak in and teach you a lesson.
Not relevant. Your emotional attachment to your morally retarded superstition has your mind closed shut.

What error? Point it out precisely. And I'll warn you to check you facts if you intend to assert that I have said Christians crucified Jesus.

I think human sacrifice is wrong--even if it's sacrificing one's self.

Oh really?

If a person saw a child in the street about to be run over by a truck and ran over and pushed the child out of harm's way knowing he would himself be killed in the process would that be wrong?
If the life he's saving are more valuable than the life he's snuffing out, then it's not a sacrifice.

So if he is objectively sacrificing his life, then the act is wrong.

If a soldier in a foxhole jumped on a grenade, saving the lives of 20 of his comrades around him, would that be wrong?
If the lives he's saving are more valuable than the life he's snuffing out, then it's not a sacrifice.

If a wealthy doctor gives up her mansion to go and treat desperately poor and suffering people in a jungle somewhere knowing the chances of her dying of illness or violence are very great, is that wrong?
If the lives she's saving are more valuable than her mansion or the life she's risking, then it's not a sacrifice.

So if she is objectively sacrificing her mansion and/or her life, then the act is wrong.

If a man works a back-breaking job for decades knowing it will likely shorten his life but doing so to provide for his family the only way he can, is that wrong?

The list goes on and on and on...
If he is objectively sacrificing his life, if he is literally trading something of greater value for something of lesser value, then the act is wrong. If otherwise, it's not sacrifice--it can't be if what you get out of the deal is more than what you put into it.

Yeah Deany says the same thing about Republicans

What error? Point it out precisely. And I'll warn you to check you facts if you intend to assert that I have said Christians crucified Jesus.

It is beyond pathetic that you would try to spin and parse your way out of your humiliation now after you repeated your error over and over and essentially conceded it with your petulant "irrelevant" remark. You're not saving any bit of face this way, champ.

I think human sacrifice is wrong--even if it's sacrificing one's self.

Oh really?

If a person saw a child in the street about to be run over by a truck and ran over and pushed the child out of harm's way knowing he would himself be killed in the process would that be wrong?
If the life he's saving are more valuable than the life he's snuffing out, then it's not a sacrifice.

If the lives he's saving are more valuable than the life he's snuffing out, then it's not a sacrifice.

If a wealthy doctor gives up her mansion to go and treat desperately poor and suffering people in a jungle somewhere knowing the chances of her dying of illness or violence are very great, is that wrong?
If the lives she's saving are more valuable than her mansion or the life she's risking, then it's not a sacrifice.

So if she is objectively sacrificing her mansion and/or her life, then the act is wrong.

If a man works a back-breaking job for decades knowing it will likely shorten his life but doing so to provide for his family the only way he can, is that wrong?

If he is objectively sacrificing his life, if he is literally trading something of greater value for something of lesser value, then the act is wrong. If otherwise, it's not sacrifice--it can't be if what you get out of the deal is more than what you put into it.

FYI, semantics are NOT covering your obvious avoidance of the issue. I am not of the opinion that all atheists are necessarily amoral (at best), but you certainly seem to be.

Oh really?

FYI, semantics are NOT covering your obvious avoidance of the issue.
Retards often confuse precise use of terms as "semantics." I obviously made no attempt to avoid anything.

I am not of the opinion that all atheists are necessarily amoral (at best), but you certainly seem to be.
You're entitled to have an opinion; I prefer mine to be informed, and consistent with reality. Each to his own, I suppose.

Forum List

Back