My Childhood Brainwashing

The fear the believers think they have to buy to believe is a part of why its so hard for a rational person to believe.

It's exactly what religion is all about... primitive mankind's inability to accept his mortality. Also his ignorance and inability to control his developing imagination produced some pretty gaudy tales. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

You're just another ignorant fool pretending he understands something he stopped even trying to grasp as a young child.

Actually my grandmother began to brainwash me with that hogwash when I was an infant about two years old. If I made a mistake or did something she didn't like she admonished me, "Ol' Scratch Will Get You!" When I was in the third and fourth grades at Milan Tennessee the teachers started the day with the pledge of allegiance and the lord's prayer. On Monday's the class was each assigned a bible verse to memori e and recite back to the class on Fridays. Christmas and Easter celebrations, prayers before any public event, reinforcement by preachers, teachers and other authority figures. What chance does an innocent child have

I lived in the church for most of my adult life. We tithed our gross plus gifts to Lottie Moon and other selected missions, I was a Sunday school teacher for young adults, I coached and refereed for RA boys, I was a member of the brotherhood and the building committee, I visited those who were sick on Tuesdays, Prayer meetings on Wednesdays, I gave personal testimony at small churches in towns close by and I had most of the new testament committed to memory while I was still in my twenties. When time came to be drafted the preacher wanted me to become an ordained Baptist preacher but you know what I decided...to go into the army. I never believed all that major bullshit about prophesy, virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc.

I stayed in the church till I was over 60 years old and I used to sit in the pews on Sunday mornings and wonder how in the world intelligent people actually believed all that bullshit.

P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." Religion affirms what he said.

C'Mon folks...get real!!

Last edited:
I'm real.

So you were a hypocrite sent to make all Christians look bad by your false witness.

Big deal, it's not like you're the first.

It's exactly what religion is all about... primitive mankind's inability to accept his mortality. Also his ignorance and inability to control his developing imagination produced some pretty gaudy tales. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

You're just another ignorant fool pretending he understands something he stopped even trying to grasp as a young child.

Actually my grandmother began to brainwash me with that hogwash when I was an infant about two years old. If I made a mistake or did something she didn't like she admonished me, "Ol' Scratch Will Get You!" When I was in the third and fourth grades at Milan Tennessee the teachers started the day with the pledge of allegiance and the lord's prayer. On Monday's the class was each assigned a bible verse to memori e and recite back to the class on Fridays. Christmas and Easter celebrations, prayers before any public event, reinforcement by preachers, teachers and other authority figures. What chance does an innocent child have

I lived in the church for most of my adult life. We tithed our gross plus gifts to Lottie Moon and other selected missions, I was a Sunday school teacher for young adults, I coached and refereed for RA boys, I was a member of the brotherhood and the building committee, I visited those who were sick on Tuesdays, Prayer meetings on Wednesdays, I gave personal testimony at small churches in towns close by and I had most of the new testament committed to memory while I was still in my twenties. When time came to be drafted the preacher wanted me to become an ordained Baptist preacher but you know what I decided...to go into the army. I never believed all that major bullshit about prophesy, virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc.

I stayed in the church till I was over 60 years old and I used to sit in the pews on Sunday mornings and wonder how in the world intelligent people actually believed all that bullshit.

P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." Religion affirms what he said.

C'Mon folks...get real!!

Where you told your penis would fall off if you masturbated?

C'Mon folks...get real!!

That's silly....

Everyone knows you will go blind

C'Mon folks...get real!!

Some people stop trying to learn when they are just children. Others try for years but still prove themselves incapable. Maybe because they never really wanted to learn or maybe because they are just inherently incapable (or plain stupid).

C'Mon folks...get real!!

Is that what happened to you?

I'm real.

So you were a hypocrite sent to make all Christians look bad by your false witness.

So by default you really do believe in prophesy, virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, feeding 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc.

How are you on Santa and the Tooth Fairy

I'm real.

So by default you really do believe in prophesy, virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, feeding 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later, etc.

Why does it bother you so much if people believe in that? Get off your high horse.

I'm real.

Why does it bother you so much if people believe in that? Get off your high horse.

What bothers me is that one has never replied to me and affirmed their belief in the total of what's written in the new testament. They're like Republicans...they pick and choose which nine yards of bullshit they believe.

I'm real.

Santa and the tooth fairy aren't in the bible.

Nor is there corroborating evidence they existed (the fossil record of a flood, Josephus's references to Christ's miracles). Not that I need the evidence, I know the Bible is true.

What bothers me is that one has never replied to me and affirmed their belief in the total of what's written in the new testament. They're like Republicans...they pick and choose which nine yards of bullshit they believe.

I believe al that is in the NT. I believe all that is in the OT.

That doesn't mean I believe it as you understand it, however. My experience with Christian haters is that they don't have a good understanding of the Bible, they have no clue as to the context of the Bible. Yet they like to present their own faulty understanding of the bible as "evidence" that the bible is faulty.

The bible isn't faulty, your understanding of it is.

As opposed to Obama supporters that swallow almost all of his bullshit regardless how silly it is. Dirty water, dirty air party......my ass. Democrats hear these lies and eventually learn to ignore them, maybe even believe them. Democrats cherry-pick issues and ignore what doesn't fit.

The difference between GOP supporters and Democrats seems to be something that all politicians in Washington seem to know and use to their advantage.

Democrats tend to believe in a dream regardless how flawed it is. In spite of the damage their representatives cause they latch onto one positive which allows them to ignore the rest. They tend to have wishy-washy principles which allows them to feel like they're being tolerant. Although often well intentioned they easily fall pray to stereotypes and intellectually lazy arguments simply because their candidates say they love the Earth, or want to punish the rich, even though they may be rich or may be heavy polluters. Democrats will vote for a coke-addict or someone of low morals simply because of one underlying reason; They believe in them because of race, because of their ideology, or because they like them personally. They could care less if they suck as a leader. They don't even seem to care if they're liars because as long as they keep saying what they want to hear they're fine. At least to them they're better then any alternative the other side can produce.

Republicans expect more from their representatives, and when they fall short they drop them like a bad habit simply because they are more principled, almost to a fault, then the folks that tend to support Democrats. They don't seem to care about race or any other ideological factor. They simply want someone they can trust.

Last edited:
Again, it's their faith that their opinion of something is the only thing that matters, and takes the place of evidence, proof, or fact.

That doesn't mean I believe it as you understand it, however. My experience with Christian haters is that they don't have a good understanding of the Bible, they have no clue as to the context of the Bible. Yet they like to present their own faulty understanding of the bible as "evidence" that the bible is faulty.

LMAO!!!!!

You believe what some guy preaches to you on Sunday morning. 'Course it ain't like he doesn't want something in return...just drop something in the plate.

I'm curious...do you tithe your gross or just your net

Southern Baptist asked for the gross...at least used to

The church has changed it's position on everything from witchcraft to women's rights and the only reason they ever changed anything was because the amount they were taking in on Sunday morning began to diminish.

Last edited:
Though that doesn't stop them from dishonestly claiming that their opinions are based on evidence, proof and fact...that, of course, is a lie...but they will always fall back to their original stance...that those things either aren't needed because their beliefs are valid based upon...their belief.

LMAO!!!!!

You believe what some guy preaches to you on Sunday morning. 'Course it ain't like he doesn't want something in return...just drop something in the plate.

ad hominem.

Again, you have no evidence of that, aside from your own belief that it is true.

many people who were raised in the southern baptist church are like this.....you hear it ...its drummed into ya....the baptist way.....the truth the light and the way....etc and so forth....and its combined with all that hellfire and brimstone....now you have kids sitting in church listening to this...how their flesh will boil off and no one will care etc....cause they iz sinners....sinners.....now really how sinful are little ones?

so finally you get fed up with all this and leave the church......there is no sin in that...i assure you....no one is striking you dead and all...but i will give the southern baptist church this...even after you leave....you know you are going to hell....lol

Forum List

Back