My Childhood Brainwashing

There's no sin in leaving a church, changing churches, or even in criticizing the church...Acts, both books of Corinthians are full of criticisms of the church.

And there's nothing in the bible that says that babies are sinful. That's just something the haters come up with to justify their overweening hatred.

modern religions are all about money kosher....that cannot be denied

All?

Of course it can be denied.

But money has always been a part of religion. It takes money to accomplish things, and people have to be fed and clothed. Christ told his followers to give away all they had...and depend upon God to provide for them. God provided for them through others willing to support them.

The people who have a problem with that generally place a wee bit too much importance upon their own holdings and think they have some sort of business deciding how other people spend theirs...

jesus and the bible say a lot of things.....the bible was written by jews to promote jews...simple as that...i would love to write a novel that convinces everyone to support me and my ways...and that is what the jews did

There's no sin in leaving a church, changing churches, or even in criticizing the church...Acts, both books of Corinthians are full of criticisms of the church.

And there's nothing in the bible that says that babies are sinful. That's just something the haters come up with to justify their overweening hatred.

Then why did the church require infant baptism for a thousand years

Why did they believe in torturing and killing witches before folks learned there ain't no such thing as a witch

Why did they tolerate and accomodate slavery for thousands of years all the way up to modern times

The church has never changed their stand on anything until donations began to fail.

Fiddlesticks.

And again, you're holding the bible and God accountable for the stupidity of humans. The bible doesn't tell that 7 year old she's going to hell for sassing her mom. The bible tells us hell is the fate of all humans if they don't accept Jesus.

There is a lot of evil done in the world by people who don't believe, and who work hard to make their own evil doing look as though it originates from the Bible. Those people are liars, Bones.

And the bible isn't a book to promote Jews. If it was, it wouldn't make them look so bad.

Why did they believe in torturing and killing witches before folks learned there ain't no such thing as a witch

Why did they tolerate and accomodate slavery for thousands of years all the way up to modern times

The church has never changed their stand on anything until donations began to fail.

You are too stupid to understand the difference between the church and the bible, so I don't really see the point of addressing this.

hold up here...there are witches...some call themselves wiccans some dont

the bible approves of slavery....did you listen while you were there? a slave is to be dutiful to his master

well i will agree with that one...the modern church is all about money

Fiddlesticks.

The bible doesn't tell that 7 year old she's going to hell for sassing her mom. The bible tells us hell is the fate of all humans if they don't accept Jesus. d.

So that is the reason all three of my son's children were bapti ed into the Presbyterian church when they were six months old.

Repeating it doesn't make it true.

You're completely disregarding all the good that has been accomplished with the money generated by the churches. We tithe to give them the ability to do those things. that's not to say sinful people don't abuse the privilege of receiving and handling that money, but that's just a part of the sinful nature of humans..and the church, since it is made up of humans. That isn't a problem with God or the bible.

Fiddlesticks.

The bible doesn't tell that 7 year old she's going to hell for sassing her mom. The bible tells us hell is the fate of all humans if they don't accept Jesus. d.

So that is the reason all three of my son's children were bapti ed into the Presbyterian church when they were six months old.

the reason your son's children were baptised isn't because of a fault of the bible, it's because your son doesn't understand the bible.

Or because he likes the ceremonial aspect of it. It's just a tradition. It's not a sacrament.

Regardless, as I already pointed out somewhere, you are too stupid to comprehend the difference between the church and the bible, so you really aren't equipped to discuss this until you recognize they aren't one and the same.

Confirmation is a Catholic ritual, not one of mine.

I'm Baptist...my 9 y.o. daughter is being baptised in a couple of weeks. And one of the things the pastor made sure to explain to her is that salvation doesn't come by way of baptism...baptism is just an act of obedience. People can be saved moments before their deaths (think of the man who died next to Christ on the cross) and attain the glory of heaven without being near the water.

I don't care if people sprinkle their babies, or if they go into the water, ever. It's none of my business, and as I said, it's no sacrament.

What the Catholics and the Presbyterians and the Episcopalians do..I don't care, that's between them and God. I don't think they're going to get in TROUBLE for it.

You're completely disregarding all the good that has been accomplished with the money generated by the churches. We tithe to give them the ability to do those things. that's not to say sinful people don't abuse the privilege of receiving and handling that money, but that's just a part of the sinful nature of humans..and the church, since it is made up of humans. That isn't a problem with God or the bible.

Bullshit. I was in the church for most of my adult life. I was on several committees. Most of a church's donations go to pay for the preacher's salary, his transportation, his home, building and maintenance, oak and mahagony pews, stained glass, steeples, musical instruments, sound systems, religious retreats, youth programs, missionaries etc. Off the top...10% of our income went to the Southern Baptist Convention. Most of what actually ended up with the needy was clothing, Christmas toys etc. donated by individuals.

Our church decided to build a new building and after about eight years defaulted on the mortgage and ended up back in our original building. A Church of God bought the new building from us.

Side note: Two other churches had used our old building before we got it back.

Like has been said so many times before..."Folla De Dolla" or "Money Talks And Bullshit Walks"

Last edited:
lol@you still saying our etc....it will take you a while to wash that baptist church outta your life....

I was in the church for most of my adult life. I was on several committees. Most of a church's donations go to pay for the preacher's salary, his transportation, his home, building and maintenance, oak and mahagony pews, stained glass, steeples, musical instruments, sound systems, religious retreats, youth programs, missionaries etc. Off the top...10% of our income went to the Southern Baptist Convention. Most of what actually ended up with the needy was clothing, Christmas toys etc. donated by individuals.

Our church decided to build a new building and after about eight years defaulted on the mortgage and ended up back in our original building. A Church of God bought the new building from us.

Like has been said so many times before..."Folla De Dolla" or "Money Talks And Bullshit Walks"

Bullshit. I was in the church for most of my adult life. I was on several committees. Most of a church's donations go to pay for the preacher's salary, his transportation, his home, building and maintenance, oak and mahagony pews, stained glass, steeples, musical instruments, sound systems, religious retreats, youth programs, missionaries etc. Off the top...10% of our income went to the Southern Baptist Convention. Most of what actually ended up with the needy was clothing, Christmas toys etc. donated by individuals.

So you think the Priest should starve, wear rags, go homeless?

Jesus would be considered homeless today, but he offered something to those who were generous to him. And your priest offered leadership to your church. There is value in that. Imagine services where the priest just went up there and said "you guys run this thing". I'm going golfing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back