My Dong Is Long

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Alright, get your minds out of the gutter. ;)

I picked-up this Chi-Com Shan Dong (Model YL12-1J4) 12 ga riot shotgun today for $75.00.

d 004 (2).JPG

d 005 (2).JPG

CAI imported them 6-7 years ago. They are almost a exact copy of the Ithaca Model 37. They were well under $150.00 retail back then.

The gun's construction belies it's expense as it's very well made. Other than the substantial black synthetic stock it's all blued steel and as smooth as my 50s era Model 37. The edges are not as refined but for $75.00 who cares.

I buy inexpensive riot guns when I find them as they are always good trade fodder during a "panic" like the last "summer of love" that got folks skeered.

LOL....They went all out on the SKS sling....I stuck the shell carrier on.

I picked-up this Chi-Com Shan Dong (Model YL12-1J4) 12 ga riot shotgun today for $75.00.

View attachment 655472

View attachment 655473

CAI imported them 6-7 years ago. They are almost a exact copy of the Ithaca Model 37. They were well under $150.00 retail back then.

The gun's construction belies it's expense as it's very well made. Other than the substantial black synthetic stock it's all blued steel and as smooth as my 50s era Model 37. The edges are not as refined but for $75.00 who cares.

I buy inexpensive riot guns when I find them as they are always good trade fodder during a "panic" like the last "summer of love" that got folks skeered.

That's an impressive Dong.

View attachment 655472

View attachment 655473

Nice!
My first thought was Long Duk Dong from the movie 16 Candles.
1654717967044.png

View attachment 655472

View attachment 655473

A real shotgun has a longer barrel.

1654718427312.png

View attachment 655472

View attachment 655473

Noice.
Most are going for ~$100. Is a 19" barrel legal to own where you are? How many shells can you put in that pump?
My riot gun is a Stoeger side-by-side break open (think Elmer Fudd). The barrels are 28.5" which I thought was a half inch over legal.

I ask, because you probably know.

View attachment 655472

View attachment 655473

Where do you find these good deals?

Where do you find these good deals?
At my area LGSsand pawn shops....

In fact I tried buying it a couple months back (I knew they had good reviews) but they said a former employee wanted it but never did come and get it so I picked it up.

I don't care too much for the Remington-type rifle sights but as I said I got it for a future "panic".

LOL....Given the way the "Summer of Love" is going I don't suspect I'll have it all that long. ;)

BTW, they were not kidding about it being a exact clone....My Model 37 barrel went right on it.

Forum List

Back