Weather destroys wind turbines in Iowa

Not at all what I said. Did you see me say inefficient anywhere?! Stop being so dishonest. The point I made was quite the opposite. I said if they produce more energy than it takes to make them then they are a NET positive. But you don’t understand what NET means and I have no simpler way to explain it to you
Something that does not work, is extremely expensive, destroys land by the square miles, requires constant replacement, is inefficient.

I do understand your position. Slade has no knowledge of electrical power plants and bases his/her opinion on news headlines

Something that does not work, is extremely expensive, destroys land by the square miles, requires constant replacement, is inefficient.

I do understand your position. Slade has no knowledge of electrical power plants and bases his/her opinion on news headlines
News headlines?! Haha, another ignorant statement.

When I see inefficiencies I say let’s fix them and improve… not let’s dismiss them all together and demonize those who want to develope and utilize.

When I see inefficiencies I say let’s fix them and improve… not let’s dismiss them all together and demonize those who want to develope and utilize.
Ignorance in your case, is your lack of knowledge and common sense.

Inefficiencies, fix and improve, is what led to Wind Turbines being replaced with Steam Powered Turbines. Wind Turbines are so inefficient, they were replaced.

Wind Turbines are inefficient, hence you must build 100s of thousands and have a fossil fuel backup plan for when they do not work. We also need nuclear and fossil fuels to supply the energy needed to manufacture wind turbines.

Fix and improve? I will translate that statement, make more and make them bigger.

Inefficiencies, fix and improve, is what led to Wind Turbines being replaced with Steam Powered Turbines. Wind Turbines are so inefficient, they were replaced.

Wind Turbines are inefficient, hence you must build 100s of thousands and have a fossil fuel backup plan for when they do not work. We also need nuclear and fossil fuels to supply the energy needed to manufacture wind turbines.

Fix and improve? I will translate that statement, make more and make them bigger.
Look elektra. I’m not advocating to cover our entire country with turbines and stop using all other energy production sources. Location, energy needs, resources, costs, all play a factor. What I don’t understand are closed minded people like you with an agenda to demonize and shut down its use all together.

That looks like pure projection to me.
Electricity-generating wind turbines have not been replaced by steam powered turbines. And have you adopted the Trump School of Capitalization?
Wind Turbines are inefficient
Really? Would you like to compare the efficiency in $/kWh to any variety of fossil fuel energy? ANY? How about gallons or cubic feet or tons of fuel/kWh? Just what efficiency are you talking about? How much wind energy they capture? Cause, guess what, all the wind a turbine will use over its entire lifetime doesn't cost a single penny. That sure as FUCK can't be said for any fossil fuel plants.
hence you must build 100s of thousands
To power the entire planet.
and have a fossil fuel backup plan for when they do not work
As do your fossil fuel plants.
We also need nuclear and fossil fuels to supply the energy needed to manufacture wind turbines.
The manufacture of wind turbines requires only electricity. It doesn't matter how that electricity is generated.
I can translate every word you post at one shot. It goes like this: "If Elektra said it, it's a lie".

The manufacture of wind turbines requires only electricity. It doesn't matter how that electricity is generated.

I can translate every word you post at one shot. It goes like this: "If Elektra said it, it's a lie".
Where to start with lil cricket's projection.
You can not make steel without coal.
You can not make fiberglass without coal and natural gas

That is two lies you told cricket. Cricket says things at random. Crick has no idea how to make steel or fiberglass.

Post some links if you think otherwise.

That looks like pure projection

To power the entire planet.
100's of thousands of wind turbines can not provide 1% of the energy the world uses in a day!

The government and the green energy industry have never ever made the claim that we can power the world, or even 10% with wind turbines.

Moron

100's of thousands of wind turbines can not provide 1% of the energy the world uses in a day!

The government and the green energy industry have never ever made the claim that we can power the world, or even 10% with wind turbines.

Moron
We can power the universe with wind turbines. That it takes a lot of them is irrelevant. No one is harmed by seeing a wind turbine and no one is attempting to power the entire planet with them. But they are currently supplying 7.33% of the entire planet's electricity demand with 341 hundred thousand turbines. Global wind energy share in electricity mix 2022 | Statista.

So your lead statement is demonstrably false. Why do you keep making incorrect statements that are easily checked? Why aren't YOU checking them before you post them? Perhaps because you are the moron.

We can power the universe with wind turbines. That it takes a lot of them is irrelevant. No one is harmed by seeing a wind turbine and no one is attempting to power the entire planet with them. But they are currently supplying 7.33% of the entire planet's electricity demand with 341 hundred thousand turbines. Global wind energy share in electricity mix 2022 | Statista.

So your lead statement is demonstrably false. Why do you keep making incorrect statements that are easily checked? Why aren't YOU checking them before you post them? Perhaps because you are the moron.
No part of my statement is false, you make a claim that is pure fiction, speculation.
You googled it. Big deal. A ".com" site says something? How is that proof.

They are reporting not the electricity generated, but the installed capacity. A huge difference.
Either way, nothing from your source proves my comments wrong. Nothing. My comment is below.
Crick, now is your opportunity to prove I am wrong, go ahead and explain how my comment is wrong.

Share of wind electricity generation worldwide 2010-2022

Published by Lucía Fernández, Jul 24, 2023
Wind energy sources accounted for nearly 7.33 percent of electricity generation worldwide in 2022, up from a 6.6 percent share a year earlier. This was over double the share compared to 2015 values, the year Paris Agreement was adopted.

Look elektra. I’m not advocating to cover our entire country with turbines and stop using all other energy production sources. Location, energy needs, resources, costs, all play a factor. What I don’t understand are closed minded people like you with an agenda to demonize and shut down its use all together.
I am not demonizing. I am stating fact!

Wind Turbines failed in the 1800's. Wind Turbines were replaced by water power, then steam power. Today, steam power is the most powerful source of electricity on the planet.

Location? The best locations in the World always have days or weeks, of no wind.
Location? Palm Springs is a location I am very familiar with. I lived there. Back then we had newspapers that wrote the news.

Thousands of wind turbines were built in the Palm Springs area. Thousands. The corporation that built them literally saved Vesta from bankruptcy. The corporation that installed the Wind Turbines went bankrupt shortly after they were installed. I read it in the newspaper. In Bankruptcy court, the assets, the wind turbines were sold to another corporation for pennies on the dollar. Very easy to make a bit of a profit when you by a billion dollar project for a hundred million.

That corporation operated the wind farm until the wind turbines started to break down, then they went bankrupt. Pure facts. The assets were sold as scrap.

Now a new corporation came in, installed a new generation of wind turbines. Oops, they went bankrupt after the installation. Those turbines lasted less than ten years.

We are now on a 3rd generation of wind turbines, that are being replaced with the 4th generation of wind turbines.

The profit is the government subsidy for the installation of wind turbines. Damn, that only results in bankruptcy for the corporations, after the investors are paid off and the top corporate officials all make million dollar bonuses

The solution to all these bankruptcies? Congress granted a subsidy for every kilowatt generated.

We know longer have a free market where the best, most efficient product makes our lives, our standard of living better. We have a market dictated by the government that makes the most profit for Wall st., The Federal Reserve, The International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.

In other words, your idea that Wind Turbines are somehow good, is only correct if you are stating that Wind Turbines have increased the profits big oil corporations make.

Wind Turbines are a product of the fossil fuel industry. What industry would not want to have square miles of their products, working or not. They are all sold, they make the profit, we are left with a technology as old as dirt.

Big Oil, Big Banks, Wall st., all are getting filthy rich.

Oh, I did not know you studied energy in any way and that your career is in energy. I just assumed you are influenced by whatever Headline or Soundbite you heard.

Tell me about your career and education, I could learn from another person in the same career field as me.

An answer to that question will see if my statement is ignorant or not.

I am not demonizing. I am stating fact!

Wind Turbines failed in the 1800's. Wind Turbines were replaced by water power, then steam power. Today, steam power is the most powerful source of electricity on the planet.
The US didn't even BEGIN to electrify till the 1880s. And steam doesn't power anything. It transfers energy from a heat source to a turbine or perhaps a piston and cylinder arrangement.
Location? The best locations in the World always have days or weeks, of no wind.
That is false. For instance, no coastline on the planet is wind free for days or weeks. At the base of mountains, winds are a daily occurrence.
We are now on a 3rd generation of wind turbines, that are being replaced with the 4th generation of wind turbines.
Where are the data that those wind turbines failed to produce electricity?
The profit is the government subsidy for the installation of wind turbines. Damn, that only results in bankruptcy for the corporations, after the investors are paid off and the top corporate officials all make million dollar bonuses
Like the oil industry I guess.
The solution to all these bankruptcies? Congress granted a subsidy for every kilowatt generated.

We know longer have a free market where the best, most efficient product makes our lives,
our standard of living better.
Why not? It was granted to EVERY producer. It didn't affect the level of the field.
We have a market dictated by the government that makes the most profit for Wall st.
Is Wall St somehow immune from the cost of running a large scale utility? They are taking advantage of the system like any company with money to invest would do. In the process, the utility customers are served and state of the nation continues to improve as non-emitting technologies replace fossil fuel systems.
The Federal Reserve, The International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.
Do you somehow believe these three groups didn't have precisely as much control over the fossil fuel industries? Do you think they've had no involvement in the coal and petroleum industries over the last century?
In other words, your idea that Wind Turbines are somehow good, is only correct if you are stating that Wind Turbines have increased the profits big oil corporations make.
Wind turbines have replaced significant amounts of fossil fuel systems and the CO2 they emitted with a working system with unlimited free fuel.
Wind Turbines are a product of the fossil fuel industry.
None of the three largest producers: Vestas, Siemens and Shanghai Electric originated or involved the fossil fuel industry. Vestas started as a blackshop and went into metal manufacturing and then light cranes. Siemens has always been into the elecricity and electronics business. They made generators before they made wind generators. Shanghai Electric grew out of a government run 'business' to manufacture generators and auxiliary equipment for power plants. None ever drilled, mined, refined, distributed or sold fossil fuels.
What industry would not want to have square miles of their products, working or not. They are all sold, they make the profit, we are left with a technology as old as dirt.
Dirt is much older than utility scale wind turbine generation systems. The first 3MW (ie: utility scale) wind turbine was erected in 1983. Dirt (I had to look this up just now), it seems, is a good deal older. According to good ole'Popular Science , most of the dirt we see, it says, is from two million years ago.
Big Oil, Big Banks, Wall st., all are getting filthy rich.
Big Oil is losing market from increases in the fleet mileage rates due to hybrids and EVs entering. Big Banks and Wall St have always been filthy rich. It's rather why they exist, isn't it.

The US didn't even BEGIN to electrify till the 1880s. And steam doesn't power anything. It transfers energy from a heat source to a turbine or perhaps a piston and cylinder arrangement.
Wind does not power anything, nor does the sun. Thank you for clarifying your pure stupidity.

Dirt is much older than utility scale wind turbine generation systems. The first 3MW (ie: utility scale) wind turbine was erected in 1983. Dirt (I had to look this up just now), it seems, is a good deal older. According to good ole'Popular Science , most of the dirt we see, it says, is from two million years ago.
Wind Turbines are made with dirt, dumb ass. You must believe in Fairy Dust and Unicorns as well. Everything a Wind Turbine is made from, originates from dirt. Iron ore mines, Quartz rocks, etc..

Wind Turbines are old as fuck but you think you are clever, smart, yet you had to look up dirt? Good you looked up dirt, where is your link and quote, moron!

Oh, I did not know you studied energy in any way and that your career is in energy. I just assumed you are influenced by whatever Headline or Soundbite you heard.
I don’t and it’s not and I’m not. You shouldn’t assume so much.

I studied mechanical engineering in school and have been a serial entrepreneur since. Do mostly consulting type stuff now. Dont see why any of that matters but I’m it one to dodge questions

I don’t and it’s not and I’m not. You shouldn’t assume so much.
I did not assume, I asked a question to point out that you are making claims you heard or learned about as a soundbite or news headline.

Thank you for confirming that you know nothing about Wind Turbines other than that they got big, and sometimes spin, and they are extremely expensive cause they barely work.

I studied mechanical engineering in school and have been a serial entrepreneur since. Do mostly consulting type stuff now. Dont see why any of that matters but I’m it one to dodge questions
Why does ones education matter, when you claim to know so much about Wind Turbines? Gee, maybe, so you know more than the propaganda.

Thank you for confirming that you know nothing about Wind Turbines other than that they got big, and sometimes spin, and they are extremely expensive cause they barely work.
I didn’t confirm that. You’re assuming again

Why does ones education matter, when you claim to know so much about Wind Turbines? Gee, maybe, so you know more than the propaganda.
You asked about my education. I literally said in my reply that I don’t see why it matters but I wanted to answer your question.

Are you on crack today?

Forum List

Back