Weather destroys wind turbines in Iowa

What more can be said. Weather destroyed wind turbines in Iowa. The Democrats are intent on building wind turbines that are inefficient, short lived, weak and vulnerable.

Wind Turbines is kind of like driving an old car from 1918. The need constant maintenance, they get extremely bad gas mileage, and are terrible in bad weather.

<iframe width="794" height="446" src="" title="INSANE TORNADO PIPE intercept with windmills toppled near Greenfield, Iowa!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, in fairness a tornado of that size and power could also do a lot of damage to a coal fired generating plant or high capacity electric transmission lines or whatever. But for a fact wind turbines are not as 'green' to manufacture, install, maintain, operate as their promotion material would suggest. And as their useful life is only approximately 20 years--most gas powered automobiles last longer than that--and their recycle value is pretty nil--we are seeing more and more of these eyesores all across the country:

1717700140077.png

1717700187949.png

1717700257675.png

1717700327329.png

I didn’t confirm that. You’re assuming again
I did not assume, I asked a question to point out that you are making claims you heard or learned about as a soundbite or news headline.

Thank you for confirming that you know nothing about Wind Turbines other than that they got big, and sometimes spin, and they are extremely expensive cause they barely work.

Well this is fun…
Sure, it is fun, I assumed, and you have proven my assumption right. After challenging you, you have no reply.
You know nothing of Wind Turbines and offered nothing but platitudes.
Well, in fairness a tornado of that size and power could also do a lot of damage to a coal fired generating plant or high capacity electric transmission lines or whatever. But for a fact wind turbines are not as 'green' to manufacture, install, maintain, operate as their promotion material would suggest. And as their useful life is only approximately 20 years--most gas powered automobiles last longer than that--and their recycle value is pretty nil--we are seeing more and more of these eyesores all across the country:

View attachment 958450

View attachment 958451

View attachment 958453

View attachment 958454
Yes, tornados can do a lot of damage. And to be fair, destroying a 100 wind turbines is a very little loss of electricity whereas if a Coal powered plant got destroyed it would be the equivalent of a million wind turbines being destroyed.

destroying a 100 wind turbines is a very little loss of electricity
It could be as much as 1.5 GW or enough power for over a million homes
whereas if a Coal powered plant got destroyed it would be the equivalent of a million wind turbines being destroyed.
15 MW/turbine * 1,000,000 = 15 Terawatts. A typical coal-fired power plant produces 500 MW. That is the equivalent of 34 wind turbines, not a million.

So, do we count that as a mistake or a lie?

It could be as much as 1.5 GW or enough power for over a million homes

15 MW/turbine * 1,000,000 = 15 Terawatts. A typical coal-fired power plant produces 500 MW. That is the equivalent of 34 wind turbines, not a million.

So, do we count that as a mistake or a lie?
We count this comment of crick's I am responding to, as multiple lies. I see at least, 4 lies in your comment crick.

Crick, we will give you a chance to prove you are not a slimy liar. Watch this everyone.

Crick, there are no wind turbines that produce 15 mw. You think there is, link to it. Prove you did not just lie.

We count this comment of crick's I am responding to, as multiple lies. I see at least, 4 lies in your comment crick.

Crick, we will give you a chance to prove you are not a slimy liar. Watch this everyone.

Crick, there are no wind turbines that produce 15 mw. You think there is, link to it. Prove you did not just lie.
Doesn't ever occur to you to check first?

This came on the market almost 14 months ago. Try to keep up.

Last edited:
Doesn't ever occur to you to check first?
This came on the market almost 14 months ago. Try to keep up.
Crick, why would I have to check something from the industry I built my career on, where I am the go to expert?

Crick always does a google search, and comes up with a link, but do we see a quote? No? Why, because crick has to be slimy to make a point. Crick believes people will be fooled by a link. Crick, the first time I read your links it was clear that Crick does not read the links.

I will quote Crick's link!
The prototype is installed at the Østerild National test center for large wind turbines in Western Jutland, Denmark, where it is undergoing an extensive test and verification program.

Oh, and dont forget to include the capacity factor, the output of this monster will maybe be 5 mw.
Oh, and dont forget transmission line losses, at least 50% being far offshore, far from the market, 2.5 mw

Either way, prototypes are not proven products.

Crick, why would I have to check something from the industry I built my career on, where I am the go to expert?

Crick always does a google search, and comes up with a link, but do we see a quote? No? Why, because crick has to be slimy to make a point. Crick believes people will be fooled by a link. Crick, the first time I read your links it was clear that Crick does not read the links.

I will quote Crick's link!
The prototype is installed at the Østerild National test center for large wind turbines in Western Jutland, Denmark, where it is undergoing an extensive test and verification program.

Oh, and dont forget to include the capacity factor, the output of this monster will maybe be 5 mw.
Oh, and dont forget transmission line losses, at least 50% being far offshore, far from the market, 2.5 mw

You’re still in a pickle. Take the 6x factor into the equation and we are still FAR from the million that you claimed. You don’t sound like much of an expert.

You’re still in a pickle. Take the 6x factor into the equation and we are still FAR from the million that you claimed. You don’t sound like much of an expert.
You are completely ignorant and have not posted a spec of information that indicates you are capable of understanding.

You simply believe.

No amount of wind turbines equal one coal plant. They break. They need maintenance.

The most important reason is there are hours, days, even weeks with no wind.

Hey, here is a fun fact, wind takes the path of least resistance and literally blows around an object.

You are completely ignorant and have not posted a spec of information that indicates you are capable of understanding.

You simply believe.

No amount of wind turbines equal one coal plant. They break. They need maintenance.

The most important reason is there are hours, days, even weeks with no wind.

Hey, here is a fun fact, wind takes the path of least resistance and literally blows around an object.
Haha, first it’s a million and now there’s no amount?! You just like to double down on stupid don’t ya?! A little advice learn msth

Haha, first it’s a million and now there’s no amount?! You just like to double down on stupid don’t ya?! A little advice learn msth
yes, I responded twice to stupid, you

Tell us how any amount of wind turbines can equal the power of one coal plant. The wind does not blow every single day. In a given hour, the wind gusts, lulls, changes direction.

It is pure stupidity to advocate in any way, for a Wind Turbine. Anyone can read your replies and see they are all simple contradictions with no facts, nothing technical. I have a long list of posts and threads full of technical information. Facts that stand as facts.

The go to expert?!?!?! HAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAAAhahhahhahha

Working for a company that makes raw material for fiberglass does not make you an expert on wind turbines. Are you an expert on ski boats? Surf boards? Bath tubs? Septic tanks? Jesus, dude, you gotta come to terms with the fact that the general public is apparently smarter than you are. You are not going to fool people with blatant nonsense like this.
Elektra provides no links supporting his claims because there are none. The Vestas V-236 is on the market and had been available since February of 2021 for advance sales.

Here we have Elektra deciding that he has the authority to alter how the power output of turbine generators are rated.

Elektra is attempting to change the subject. This side discussion began when he claimed that a single coal-fired plant produced the same amount of power as one million wind turbines. I did not have to go to a 15 MW unit to make him look stupid. Let's use a 3 MW unit. A typical coal plant produces 500 MW

500MW / 3MW = 167 wind turbines to replace one coal-fired power plant. Let's see how far off Elektra was.

1,000,000 wind turbines / 67 wind turbines - 14,925 times or just shy of 1,500,000%

And from a quick glimpse into the Iowa thread it looks as if Elektra doubled down and now claims that NO number of wind turbines can replace a coal-fired power plant.

You lying piece of shit.

Elektra is attempting to change the subject. This side discussion began when he claimed that a single coal-fired plant produced the same amount of power as one million wind turbines. I did not have to go to a 15 MW unit to make him look stupid. Let's use a 3 MW unit. A typical coal plant produces 500 MW
Crick went to a 15mw unit, which there are none in commercial operation. That makes you a filthy fucking liar. Lying to appea to be right.

The go to expert?!?!?!

Yes, the go to expert, quickly pointing out there are no 15 mw wind turbines in commercial operation.
Further, crick the slimy poster used the largest imaginable wind turbine and is comparing it to the small coal plants. At that crick lies again claiming 500 mw is typical of a coal plant.

crick, it is not that, "I did not have to..."
crick, it is that you cannot use a wind turbine that does not exist beyond a prototype comparing unproven to 10's of thousands of coal plants that are proven.

The go to expert?!?!?! HAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAAAhahhahhahha

Elektra provides no links supporting his claims because there are none. The Vestas V-236 is on the market and had been available since February of 2021 for advance sales.
Any person with a 2nd grade education, knows the wind never blows every day.
Crick has no common sense hence needs a link to know if the wind is blowing or not.

The Vestas V-236 is only a prototype.

Crick, you really need to read the links you cut/paste.

Crick went to a 15mw unit, which there are none in commercial operation. That makes you a filthy fucking liar. Lying to appea to be right.
I have clearly demonstrated that there is a 15 MW on the market. That makes you the liar.

Yes, the go to expert, quickly pointing out there are no 15 mw wind turbines in commercial operation.
I bet that unit in Denmark is feeding their grid.
Further, crick the slimy poster used the largest imaginable wind turbine
And I did it again using one 1/5th its size and still showed your million turbine claim to be a complete bullshit lie.
and is comparing it to the small coal plants. At that crick lies again claiming 500 mw is typical of a coal plant.
I posted a link to a source stating that was a "standard" coal-fired plant's capacity. If you have a source showing something different. But in order to validate your million turbine claim using only 3 MW turbines, will require that the AVERAGE coal-fired plant be producing 3 terrawatts. How many of those are out there, you lying piece of shit? Not many. I just asked Google what was the largest fossil fuel powered plant on the planet. It says a plant in China producing 6.72 GW: Largest coal power plants in the world 2021 | Statista.

Lesson for Elektra: 6.72 GW <<< 3 TW
crick, it is not that, "I did not have to..."
crick, it is that you cannot use a wind turbine that does not exist beyond a prototype comparing unproven to 10's of thousands of coal plants that are proven.
Then you should have no problem whatsoever subbing that 3 MW turbine (which is the average (not max) of all turbines worldwide) in there to once again show that you are an ignorant, lying piece of shit.

Forum List

Back