My guitar wants to kill your momma

I: Do you think you are underrated as a guitarist?
FZ: I think that I shouldn't be rated as a guitarist. That's a stupid hobby, rating guitar players.
I: You are a composer.
FZ: I am a composer and my instrument is a guitar, yeah. If you like the composition, fine. My technique as a guitar player is ... fair. There are plenty of people that play faster than I do, never hit a wrong note, and have a lovely sound. If you want to rate guitar players, go for them. But there isn't anybody else who will take the chances that I will take with a composition live on stage, in front of an audience, and just go out there with the nerve, the ultimate audacity to say, "Okay I don't know what I'm going to play, and you don't know what I'm going to play, SO that makes us equal. So let's, go, we'll have an adventure here." And that's what I do. There's no way to rate that. You either like that kind of stuff, or you don't.

1643038843248.jpeg

I like it. I'm not a musician, but I think that the Zappa Colaitua Barrow band produced absolutely unparalleled music

Well, they DO call it an axe, don't they?

My favorite has always been Steve Howe, though. I still get eargasms listening to his guitar work on Gates of Delerium.
I've had the pleasure to see Steve Howe a few times over the years. He could fucking grind.
Here's an homage to him from JB. Worth a listen.

Forum List

Back