My new favorite lawn toy

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
So I had weighed the option of an underground sprinkler system but didn't want to do it. I would have done it myself to save some dough but I decided not to.

I bought this instead. The National Walking Sprinkler.
All you do is lay out the hose (up to 300 feet) in a lazy serpentine pattern ans the sprinkler follows the hose back to the faucet lying down an even half inch of water on your lawn and plantings

This thing is built like a tank all steel and weighs almost 25 lbs

It has changed my life

upload_2016-5-8_6-5-41.jpeg

That is an awesome sprinkler! Does it turn off itself when it hits the end of the hose or must you do it manually?

That is an awesome sprinkler! Does it turn off itself when it hits the end of the hose or must you do it manually?
It's manual

I saw some of the ones with a little ramp you put at the end of the hose that shuts off the sprinkler but they were made with a lot of plastic and didn't seem as durable

I solved that issue by using a timer for the tap. The sprinkler crawls at a constant rate so I just set the timer to kill the water when it gets to the end of the hose

The manual says 10 to 30 feet per hour depending on water pressure. I have a well that provides a near constant 50 60 PSI mine creeps along at about 14 feet per hour

Irrigation systems are easy once you get the ditches dug. I do not see the appeal of this device.

Irrigation systems are easy once you get the ditches dug. I do not see the appeal of this device.

I didn't feel like digging ditches this is easier and way less expensive to get exactly the same thing done I don't have to winterize it all I do is put it away with the hose for the winter

Forum List

Back