My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

I know if I had kids in school I'd want the teacher to fiercely protect my kids. If that means arming and training them so be it.
Bet you'd be first in line to sue if the teacher had an accident.

Nope...I would never sue someone who had zero control over an incident.
Hell,I went into Academy Sports and Outdoors shortly after my hip replacement and busted my ass on some plastic sale signs left on the floor.
They were falling all over themselves trying to discern if I was going to sue them.
Got a hundred dollar gift certificate unsolicited.

Could you tell us what an "assault rifle" is? I'm far from being a gun aficionado, but even I know that's a made-up, nothing phrase.
It's what other people's dead kids are an acceptable price for easy access to.
/——/ What a cheap shot. Libs say no need for guns just call the police but the FBI was warned for a month that the kid was a deranged lunatic and did nothing.

Could you tell us what an "assault rifle" is? I'm far from being a gun aficionado, but even I know that's a made-up, nothing phrase.
/——/ Your Post wouldn’t be so hypocritical if you had the same outrage over abortion mills.

Are you suggesting that anyone's chances of survival are better if they are unarmed while facing a shooter armed with a semi-automatic weapons ... :dunno:
Being unarmed and expecting someone will come save you is the false sense of security.

a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

That's the false sense of security.

Fake stats, it's what liberals do best!!!

There's no guarantee a gun will save your life in a situation like that. Especially if the shooter has a semi automatic weapon.

Arming yourself gives you a false sense of security.

And having a shooter plus teachers shooting at the same time could lead to more deaths because of stray bullets.

Are you suggesting that anyone's chances of survival are better if they are unarmed while facing a shooter armed with a semi-automatic weapons?
Being unarmed and expecting someone will come save you is the false sense of security.

Do you find it odd you have everything backwards in your argument ... :dunno:

I am suggesting that having a handgun vs a semi automatic weapon will not make you anymore safer than being unarmed.

I am suggesting that having a handgun vs a semi automatic weapon will not make you anymore safer than being unarmed.

Are you suggesting it would make you less safe?

Lets name some countries Denmark, UK, Germany, France, Japan.... We have whole countries where gun control is working. We also made machine gun heavily regulated and they have pretty much disappeared from crime.

We will never remove guns from America, it is to tied into the Constitution and culture.

We need to focus on training on teachers catching behaviors, we need parent involved with their children and not coddling them but helping them to become responsible for their lives and where they are at in life.

These countries have not removed all guns. We can have guns, but do we need guns for mass killing? Do we need AR15's with 30 round magazines? Have you noticed that mass killings have increased now that high capacity magazines are everywhere?
Quit lying you pussy, it’s all about total firearm confiscation. It always has been, anybody can see right through progressives on this matter...

Leftist lies are so easy to see through

From trumploons who wouldn’t know the truth if it but them. :rofl:

But them?

72.4 % saying they wouldn't ... Is the same as 27.6% that would.
That amounts to 1 in every 4 teachers armed ... Dumbass ... :thup:
One in every 4 teachers in a school packing is insane, Dumbass.

Why? You don't trust teachers? Then why the hell do you expect us to give them our children to care for?
Teachers are trained to teach. They are professional teachers. They are not professional gun handlers. They should not be carrying guns in schools. As well, guns in schools makes it a huge possibility that students will gain access to guns and injuries or fatalities will result.
If a teacher wants to carry and gets trained, why would you deny them their right to defend themselves and their students ? Are you a totalitarian?
Because accidents happen. And I know well that in a school environment with hundreds of kids milling around the halls, in and out of classrooms, up and down stairs, congregating in the cafeteria and so on...that it is not easy to control anything, much less make sure that a firearm is always secure. Too much of a possibility for a deadly accident.

Kids pull fire alarms all the time, just as a joke. They create chaos when ever they can just for fun. It is far too problematic an environment for guns to be part of the mix.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns. It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly. Schools or school districts with a program where teachers carried guns would have a hard time hiring teachers, especially experienced teachers.

Proper security is needed, with trained security personnel involved and metal detectors--not armed teachers.

So how did my high school survive when we had 10 Sheriff's deputies on campus during the need for more security?

How many accidents did we have with dozens of police officers on the grounds during football games?

I just want you to come out and admit that you are a gutless coward who wets herself whenever she sees a gun.

Is that too much to ask?

/——/ California Democrat Mike Thompson said “To be fair, "assault weapon" can be a misleading term. Such arms are malleable and can be modified by any gun enthusiast. Some mass assassins don't always deploy assault rifles to execute people. The gunman in the 2007 Virginia Tech slaughter used semi-automatic handguns. The "Rambo" aesthetic of some firearms doesn't always reflect the capacity of the weapon. Cosmetic alterations to some guns can drastically shroud their killing power.

Lets name some countries Denmark, UK, Germany, France, Japan.... We have whole countries where gun control is working. We also made machine gun heavily regulated and they have pretty much disappeared from crime.

We will never remove guns from America, it is to tied into the Constitution and culture.

We need to focus on training on teachers catching behaviors, we need parent involved with their children and not coddling them but helping them to become responsible for their lives and where they are at in life.

These countries have not removed all guns. We can have guns, but do we need guns for mass killing? Do we need AR15's with 30 round magazines? Have you noticed that mass killings have increased now that high capacity magazines are everywhere?
Quit lying you pussy, it’s all about total firearm confiscation. It always has been, anybody can see right through progressives on this matter...

Leftist lies are so easy to see through

From trumploons who wouldn’t know the truth if it but them. :rofl:
/—-/ but them????

Why? You don't trust teachers? Then why the hell do you expect us to give them our children to care for?
Teachers are trained to teach. They are professional teachers. They are not professional gun handlers. They should not be carrying guns in schools. As well, guns in schools makes it a huge possibility that students will gain access to guns and injuries or fatalities will result.
If a teacher wants to carry and gets trained, why would you deny them their right to defend themselves and their students ? Are you a totalitarian?
Because accidents happen. And I know well that in a school environment with hundreds of kids milling around the halls, in and out of classrooms, up and down stairs, congregating in the cafeteria and so on...that it is not easy to control anything, much less make sure that a firearm is always secure. Too much of a possibility for a deadly accident.

Kids pull fire alarms all the time, just as a joke. They create chaos when ever they can just for fun. It is far too problematic an environment for guns to be part of the mix.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns, It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly.
So genius how would you stop it?

Gun free doesn’t

Thorough security measures by professionals with only two main entrances to the school manned by professional security personnel and metal detectors. It should be as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane.

It would be paid for by the gun industry and gun owners as they are the ones causing the problem.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, do you want the school buses to start arriving at 5 am so security will have sufficient time to screen the thousands of students that arrive in time for school to start by 8am?

I have a better idea! There have been shootings on school buses so each bus should be equipped with it's own metal detectors and the bus drivers can screen all of the backpacks as the students get on the bus. That will only add about an hour to the bus run in the mornings.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns, It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly.

Gun free doesn’t

Thorough security measures by professionals with only two main entrances to the school manned by professional security personnel and metal detectors. It should be as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane.

It would be paid for by the gun industry and gun owners as they are the ones causing the problem.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, do you want the school buses to start arriving at 5 am so security will have sufficient time to screen the thousands of students that arrive in time for school to start by 8am?

I have a better idea! There have been shootings on school buses so each bus should be equipped with it's own metal detectors and the bus drivers can screen all of the backpacks as the students get on the bus. That will only add about an hour to the bus run in the mornings.
/——/ There are many schools with metal detectors and no one has to get in at 5 am.

Gun free doesn’t

He shot through the window stupid! It’s more complicated then you even know!
Bars on all first floor windows.

Fire hazard!

Next stupid idea!

Gun free doesn’t

/——/ There are many schools with metal detectors and no one has to get in at 5 am.

So, how do you propose they do that? They are doing a half-ass job if they are not taking that time.

Gun free doesn’t

Agreed. She's arguing that hourly wannabe cops can be trusted with guns and we should hire and pay them to do that, but professional educators who would do it for free can't be trusted with guns. She's got some serious mental things to work out

Gun free doesn’t

So, how do you propose they do that? They are doing a half-ass job if they are not taking that time.
/——/ have you been to the airport lately? Walking though the metal sector takes no extra time. The only thing is having the kids step through the door single file.

Gun free doesn’t

Okay, first of all, it already IS as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane, which is why we now have armed pilots. And as you can see, I for one am all in favor of continuing to follow that model by also having armed teachers/security guards.

Second of all, may I point out that YOU are the one insisting that everyone be kept helpless in the face of evildoers, and every single school shooting in this country has taken place under YOUR point of view, not mine, which makes YOU the one causing the problem. So if you want to point fingers, why don't you start with the idiots like yourself whose pie-in-the-sky daydreams of "gun free zones" have actually killed people? Don't even START trying on that self-righteous blame game while the blood drips off your hands.
I think probably you never enter a school and you never fly because you are completely wrong about how difficult it is to enter a school or get on a plane. The security for entering schools in America is 1) walk in and go to reception where they ask what you want and give you a pass to hang on your blouse/shirt. And that's it. Most schools have no security. And they have multiple entrances, If you don't enter by the main door that goes into the reception area, you just walk in w/o anyone paying any attention. And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about: I've been teaching for 30 years.

If you don't fly, I guess you don't know the security one goes through. You must first buy a ticket, check in, show ID, and get a boarding pass. Once you check in and get your boarding pass, you go through a security process where your bag, shoes, coat, purse, etc., are removed and put through an xray machine that examines the contents. You walk through a metal detector and if the buzzer goes off, you are patted down, There have been no hijackings or bombs on planes because this search is so thorough. Getting into a school is nothing whatsoever like this.

The fact people like you want teachers to be armed just illustrates your obession with guns, as if everyone on the planet needs to carry in order to survive. The perspective is juvenile.

You don't know what you are talking about and I don't care that you have been teaching 30 years simply because you are a dumbass!

1) Press a button and identify yourself and then be admitted to the office where your identity is verified by a photo ID.

2) You never listed a number 2.

Every school I have taught in had security except the one located on an Army post. Our current security is a deputy sheriff for the county. Other schools had resource officers who were armed and additional unarmed security.

There is usually only one entrance for students. At one school, we had one entrance for student drivers on one side of the building and one entrance for bus riders on the other.

How many decades ago did you stop teaching? Things change almost daily as we learn from other's mistakes..

Gun free doesn’t

Yeah, because bullets are so big, they can't possibly get between the bars.

Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
You have no imagination. Bars are not necessarly inches apart. It's really sad. Get off the internet and go do your homework.

Let's see a photo of these bars you want installed!

You cannot put bars on a window. It is a fire hazard.

Dumbass!

Yeah, because bullets are so big, they can't possibly get between the bars.

Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
You have no imagination. Bars are not necessarly inches apart. It's really sad. Get off the internet and go do your homework.

Let's see a photo of these bars you want installed!

You cannot put bars on a window. It is a fire hazard.

Dumbass!
/——/ Ever drive though the bad lands of Brooklyn? Every home has bars on their windows. Same in Harlem and the Bronx.

Forum List

Back