My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

No self respecting Hunter uses a semi auto rifle. NOT ONE. They would be laughed right out of our deer camp and not allowed to be part of our group. Rightfully so. They should stay out of the woods. My bolt so outperforms their modern junk looking garbage.

No self respecting Hunter uses a semi auto rifle. NOT ONE. They would be laughed right out of our deer camp and not allowed to be part of our group. Rightfully so. They should stay out of the woods. My bolt so outperforms their modern junk looking garbage.
/—-/ the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to stop liberals from taking away our 1st Amendment. For that we need automatic weapons.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

that is not really a good idea

only those who want to and have been fully trained for should handle the weapon

as for a plan every classroom should have an escape window operable from the inside

kids should be taught to " get out of there " now instead of "locking yourself in a build" with an active shooter

Yeah, that will work great on a school that has no windows period! My first school had no windows except in entrances and hallways. I am sure you have about $30 million laying around to build a new school.

Also, are you familiar with the school shooting that happened when a student shot other students leaving school from a wooded area near the school?

The procedure is to run, hide, and fight. First, run away and get behind a locked door or out of the building. If you cannot run, you hide. If you cannot hide or are found, fight!

Yeah, that will work great on a school that has no windows period!

well thanks for the absolutes arnt you just a fucking genius

you would have to design your own plan by the looks of your fucking smart mouth that should be easy for you to do

Why? You don't trust teachers? Then why the hell do you expect us to give them our children to care for?
Teachers are trained to teach. They are professional teachers. They are not professional gun handlers. They should not be carrying guns in schools. As well, guns in schools makes it a huge possibility that students will gain access to guns and injuries or fatalities will result.
If a teacher wants to carry and gets trained, why would you deny them their right to defend themselves and their students ? Are you a totalitarian?
Because accidents happen. And I know well that in a school environment with hundreds of kids milling around the halls, in and out of classrooms, up and down stairs, congregating in the cafeteria and so on...that it is not easy to control anything, much less make sure that a firearm is always secure. Too much of a possibility for a deadly accident.

Kids pull fire alarms all the time, just as a joke. They create chaos when ever they can just for fun. It is far too problematic an environment for guns to be part of the mix.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns. It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly. Schools or school districts with a program where teachers carried guns would have a hard time hiring teachers, especially experienced teachers.

Proper security is needed, with trained security personnel involved and metal detectors--not armed teachers.

Oh, WELL, accidents happen. Never mind that calculated acts of evil ALSO happen, at which point an accident can't possibly make things worse than they already are. Again, you're worrying about a pebble in your shoe while standing under an avalanche. Get some perspective.
An accident is far more likely to happen than a 'calculated act of evil.' You need to put things in perspective.

Oh? Then how come deliberate shooting deaths outnumber accidental ones?

If a teacher wants to carry and gets trained, why would you deny them their right to defend themselves and their students ? Are you a totalitarian?
Because accidents happen. And I know well that in a school environment with hundreds of kids milling around the halls, in and out of classrooms, up and down stairs, congregating in the cafeteria and so on...that it is not easy to control anything, much less make sure that a firearm is always secure. Too much of a possibility for a deadly accident.

Kids pull fire alarms all the time, just as a joke. They create chaos when ever they can just for fun. It is far too problematic an environment for guns to be part of the mix.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns, It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly.
So genius how would you stop it?

Gun free doesn’t

Thorough security measures by professionals with only two main entrances to the school manned by professional security personnel and metal detectors. It should be as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane.

It would be paid for by the gun industry and gun owners as they are the ones causing the problem.

Okay, first of all, it already IS as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane, which is why we now have armed pilots. And as you can see, I for one am all in favor of continuing to follow that model by also having armed teachers/security guards.

Second of all, may I point out that YOU are the one insisting that everyone be kept helpless in the face of evildoers, and every single school shooting in this country has taken place under YOUR point of view, not mine, which makes YOU the one causing the problem. So if you want to point fingers, why don't you start with the idiots like yourself whose pie-in-the-sky daydreams of "gun free zones" have actually killed people? Don't even START trying on that self-righteous blame game while the blood drips off your hands.
I think probably you never enter a school and you never fly because you are completely wrong about how difficult it is to enter a school or get on a plane. The security for entering schools in America is 1) walk in and go to reception where they ask what you want and give you a pass to hang on your blouse/shirt. And that's it. Most schools have no security. And they have multiple entrances, If you don't enter by the main door that goes into the reception area, you just walk in w/o anyone paying any attention. And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about: I've been teaching for 30 years.

If you don't fly, I guess you don't know the security one goes through. You must first buy a ticket, check in, show ID, and get a boarding pass. Once you check in and get your boarding pass, you go through a security process where your bag, shoes, coat, purse, etc., are removed and put through an xray machine that examines the contents. You walk through a metal detector and if the buzzer goes off, you are patted down, There have been no hijackings or bombs on planes because this search is so thorough. Getting into a school is nothing whatsoever like this.

The fact people like you want teachers to be armed just illustrates your obession with guns, as if everyone on the planet needs to carry in order to survive. The perspective is juvenile.

I can see why you fear people having guns, if they use them as carelessly and as little training as you use your brain.

As it happens, I have a school-age child (although admittedly, I don't allow him to attend public schools, because of the harmful policies of leftists like you), school-age grandchildren, and school-age grand-nieces and -nephews. So I actually spend a lot of time around schools.

The major difference that airport security has and schools don't is the very thing you're screeching against: armed security.

Everyone on the planet doesn't need to carry to survive. But someone other than criminals does, as the continuing spree killings demonstrate.

So genius how would you stop it?

Gun free doesn’t

Thorough security measures by professionals with only two main entrances to the school manned by professional security personnel and metal detectors. It should be as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane.

It would be paid for by the gun industry and gun owners as they are the ones causing the problem.
He shot through the window stupid! It’s more complicated then you even know!
Bars on all first floor windows.

Yeah, because bullets are so big, they can't possibly get between the bars.

Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
You have no imagination. Bars are not necessarly inches apart. It's really sad. Get off the internet and go do your homework.

How much imagination do I need to know that bullets are typically less than an inch in diameter, and no set of bars is going to stop that.

If you weren't so terrified that getting near a gun would prompt it to jump off the table and start wildly attacking you, you might know this.

He shot through the window stupid! It’s more complicated then you even know!
Bars on all first floor windows.

Yeah, because bullets are so big, they can't possibly get between the bars.

Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
You have no imagination. Bars are not necessarly inches apart. It's really sad. Get off the internet and go do your homework.

What happens to those bars in case you have to exit that window due to a fire? You just killed yourself ahead of time.

I'm sure Esmeralda trusts the teachers to somehow open up the prison she'd like our children to huddle in in case of a fire, even though she thinks they can't be trusted to have access to a gun.

Why citizens need assault rifles for I don't get but I am not for banning guns. No self respecting Hunter uses one. I own guns for hunting and find no reason for an assault rifle....the newer rifles are junk....my old bolt action is ten times the hunting rifle.

Could you tell us what an "assault rifle" is? I'm far from being a gun aficionado, but even I know that's a made-up, nothing phrase.

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

No, I'm fairly certain they're at very little risk, comparatively, of someone barging into their home with a gun and deliberately looking to shoot people.

That is exactly what happened to my daughter-in-law's family. Three teenagers busted in the door and shot her stepfather twice with a sawed off shotgun.

*sigh* I didn't say home invasions didn't happen. I said they're at less risk of that than of a school shooting. And unless you're agreeing with LoneLaughedAt and trying to bolster his argument, I'd love to know what point you're trying to make here.

Why citizens need assault rifles for I don't get but I am not for banning guns. No self respecting Hunter uses one. I own guns for hunting and find no reason for an assault rifle....the newer rifles are junk....my old bolt action is ten times the hunting rifle.

No one uses an assault rifle for anything outside the military and a few police. You are as bad as everyone else who thinks all "black scary rifles" are assault weapons. They aren't!

Learn the truth!
/——/ there is no such thing as an assault weapon. It’s a made up bs phrase meant to demonize guns

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Everyone knows what is meant by an assault weapon. To change the term now would be changing it for political reasons.

"Everyone knows" is another way of saying, "I'm spouting bullshit, and don't want to be called on it".

Will you be any more dead if I shoot you with a rifle that has a fixed wooden stock or a collapsible plastic one?
More of us will be dead if you're shooting a semi automatic rifle with a large magazine. That other people's kids are an acceptable price for easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics is beyond dispute, so have at it.

Will you be any more dead if I shoot you with a rifle that has a fixed wooden stock or a collapsible plastic one?
More of us will be dead if you're shooting a semi automatic rifle with a large magazine. That other people's kids are an acceptable price for easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics is beyond dispute, so have at it.
/——-/ How do you ban a magazine that can easily be made in a machine shop or 3D printer?

No one uses an assault rifle for anything outside the military and a few police. You are as bad as everyone else who thinks all "black scary rifles" are assault weapons. They aren't!

Learn the truth!
/——/ there is no such thing as an assault weapon. It’s a made up bs phrase meant to demonize guns

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Everyone knows what is meant by an assault weapon. To change the term now would be changing it for political reasons.
/——/ We need to ban guns like they did in Russia. Oh wait: Four people were killed in Russia on Sunday after a shooter opened fire in a church, Russian news agency Tass reported.

/——-/ How do you ban a magazine that can easily be made in a machine shop or 3D printer?
Cruz didn't have access to either, it'd have made a difference to him. That a law won't work perfectly is an acceptable reason to trade other people's dead kids for easy access to weapons of public massacre. I agree, after all, this entire thread is about people demonstrating that.

Who in the hell is filling your head with this utter bullshit? Whatever you think a semi-automatic rifle is, you're wrong. If you want to hunt deer with a flintlock, you go on with your bad self.

Cruz didn't have access to either, it'd have made a difference to him. That a law won't work perfectly is an acceptable reason to trade other people's dead kids for easy access to weapons of public massacre. I agree, after all, this entire thread is about people demonstrating that.
/—-/ Cruz had access to guns but not a machine shop or 3D printer? How do you know that?

That other people's kids are an acceptable price for trying to create a leftist utopia is beyond dispute, but since they're MY kids, I'm not going to say, "Have at it". I'm going more for "Piss off, loser."

Could you tell us what an "assault rifle" is? I'm far from being a gun aficionado, but even I know that's a made-up, nothing phrase.
It's what other people's dead kids are an acceptable price for easy access to.

Whenever you're done vainly trying to get me to care about moral approval from the dregs of society, answer the fucking question, or admit you don't know.

Forum List

Back