My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

72.4 % saying they wouldn't ... Is the same as 27.6% that would.
That amounts to 1 in every 4 teachers armed ... Dumbass ... :thup:
One in every 4 teachers in a school packing is insane, Dumbass.

Why? You don't trust teachers? Then why the hell do you expect us to give them our children to care for?
Teachers are trained to teach. They are professional teachers. They are not professional gun handlers. They should not be carrying guns in schools. As well, guns in schools makes it a huge possibility that students will gain access to guns and injuries or fatalities will result.
If a teacher wants to carry and gets trained, why would you deny them their right to defend themselves and their students ? Are you a totalitarian?
Because accidents happen. And I know well that in a school environment with hundreds of kids milling around the halls, in and out of classrooms, up and down stairs, congregating in the cafeteria and so on...that it is not easy to control anything, much less make sure that a firearm is always secure. Too much of a possibility for a deadly accident.

Kids pull fire alarms all the time, just as a joke. They create chaos when ever they can just for fun. It is far too problematic an environment for guns to be part of the mix.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns, It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly.
So genius how would you stop it?

Gun free doesn’t

Why? You don't trust teachers? Then why the hell do you expect us to give them our children to care for?
Teachers are trained to teach. They are professional teachers. They are not professional gun handlers. They should not be carrying guns in schools. As well, guns in schools makes it a huge possibility that students will gain access to guns and injuries or fatalities will result.
If a teacher wants to carry and gets trained, why would you deny them their right to defend themselves and their students ? Are you a totalitarian?
Because accidents happen. And I know well that in a school environment with hundreds of kids milling around the halls, in and out of classrooms, up and down stairs, congregating in the cafeteria and so on...that it is not easy to control anything, much less make sure that a firearm is always secure. Too much of a possibility for a deadly accident.

Kids pull fire alarms all the time, just as a joke. They create chaos when ever they can just for fun. It is far too problematic an environment for guns to be part of the mix.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns, It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly.

Gun free doesn’t

Leftists judge themselves by their intent. It doesn't matter how stupid and useless her actual plan is. She wants shooters to not have guns. So she's a good person

Gun free doesn’t

Thorough security measures by professionals with only two main entrances to the school manned by professional security personnel and metal detectors. It should be as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane.

It would be paid for by the gun industry and gun owners as they are the ones causing the problem.

Gun free doesn’t

Thorough security measures by professionals with only two main entrances to the school manned by professional security personnel and metal detectors. It should be as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane.

It would be paid for by the gun industry and gun owners as they are the ones causing the problem.

Gotcha, US manufacturers caused the gun crisis. Without that, there would be no guns. Damn you're an air head

Gun free doesn’t

He shot through the window stupid! It’s more complicated then you even know!

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

that is not really a good idea

only those who want to and have been fully trained for should handle the weapon

as for a plan every classroom should have an escape window operable from the inside

kids should be taught to " get out of there " now instead of "locking yourself in a build" with an active shooter

Would it be crazy to start teaching kids how to fight back and defend themselves? Martial arts and the like? Better than teaching them how to hide.

Martial arts and the like?

well it is not a very good plan to try and confront an active shooter without a weapon

REALLY? The whole POINT of the Martial Arts is to make your body a weapon. Know how to handle yourself, build confidence, joint locks, dodging punches, kicks. Guy comes through a doorway near you with a rifle but you are not the first person he sees and instead of standing there frozen or running for cover, you take advantaghe of that split second of indecision and confusion and you grab his arm before he has time to aim, strike him in the eyes, knees, throat, knock him down, subdue him, keep him from pointing the gun at people. Yeah, what a silly idea. Just stand there and wait to die. Don't even bother trying.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

as for a plan every classroom should have an escape window operable from the inside

kids should be taught to " get out of there " now instead of "locking yourself in a build" with an active shooter

Would it be crazy to start teaching kids how to fight back and defend themselves? Martial arts and the like? Better than teaching them how to hide.

well it is not a very good plan to try and confront an active shooter without a weapon

REALLY? The whole POINT of the Martial Arts is to make your body a weapon. Know how to handle yourself, build confidence, joint locks, dodging punches, kicks. Guy comes through a doorway near you with a rifle but you are not the first person he sees and instead of standing there frozen or running for cover, you take advantaghe of that split second of indecision and confusion and you grab his arm before he has time to aim, strike him in the eyes, knees, throat, knock him down, subdue him, keep him from pointing the gun at people. Don't even bother trying.

near you --LOL

you will be dead long before you get near the gun man

--LOL

Just stand there and wait to die. Don't even bother trying.

i have never said that not fucking once

Gun free doesn’t

Bars on all first floor windows.

Gun free doesn’t

How does that stop gunfire through the glass?

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns. It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly. Schools or school districts with a program where teachers carried guns would have a hard time hiring teachers, especially experienced teachers.

Proper security is needed, with trained security personnel involved and metal detectors--not armed teachers.
That confirms it. You are a totalitarian but are so slanted, you don’t know it.

REALLY? The whole POINT of the Martial Arts is to make your body a weapon. Know how to handle yourself, build confidence, joint locks, dodging punches, kicks. Guy comes through a doorway near you with a rifle but you are not the first person he sees and instead of standing there frozen or running for cover, you take advantaghe of that split second of indecision and confusion and you grab his arm before he has time to aim, strike him in the eyes, knees, throat, knock him down, subdue him, keep him from pointing the gun at people. Don't even bother trying.

You dob't know that. Obviously, you have zero self-defense training. Two scenarios:

You enter a room with a rifle intending to kill and 30 people run from you as far to the other side of the room as they can get from you until there is nowhere left to move. RESULT: a lot of dead people.

You enter a room with a rifle intending to kill and 30 people run at you and tackle you down. You get a few shots squeezed off at running targets in desperation before they get to you.

Your way, the first scenario is a certainty.

My way, the second scenario is a possibility.

I'll take my way.

I'll never understand NRA shills who think the answer to gun violence is more guns.

I never understand you hyper-partisans who would rather attack the other tribe instead of attack the problem, myself.

You orthodox leftists dumb down your arguments to a single variable, and simplistic solutions are never the answer to complex problems.
Well you must know Silly Jilly is nothing if not simplistic.

Comes of being simple-minded.

And I'll tell you something else: the vast majority of teachers and parents do not want them in schools. If I were teaching in a school that suddenly allowed teachers to carry guns, I'd quit and so would millions of others. Millions of parents would not allow the school district to implement a program that allowed teachers to carry guns. It is simply not a plausible thing to consider. Maybe in some extremely rightwing areas, but nationwide it will not fly. Schools or school districts with a program where teachers carried guns would have a hard time hiring teachers, especially experienced teachers.

Proper security is needed, with trained security personnel involved and metal detectors--not armed teachers.

Oh, WELL, accidents happen. Never mind that calculated acts of evil ALSO happen, at which point an accident can't possibly make things worse than they already are. Again, you're worrying about a pebble in your shoe while standing under an avalanche. Get some perspective.

You dob't know that. Obviously, you have zero self-defense training. Two scenarios:

You enter a room with a rifle intending to kill and 30 people run from you as far to the other side of the room as they can get from you until there is nowhere left to move. RESULT: a lot of dead people.

You enter a room with a rifle intending to kill and 30 people run at you and tackle you down. You get a few shots squeezed off at running targets in desperation before they get to you.

Your way, the first scenario is a certainty.

My way, the second scenario is a possibility.

I'll take my way.

obviously i do know that

what way exactly is mine

your senario is not likely

in fact it is bullshit

has not happened

Gun free doesn’t

Okay, first of all, it already IS as difficult to get into a school as it is to get on an airplane, which is why we now have armed pilots. And as you can see, I for one am all in favor of continuing to follow that model by also having armed teachers/security guards.

Second of all, may I point out that YOU are the one insisting that everyone be kept helpless in the face of evildoers, and every single school shooting in this country has taken place under YOUR point of view, not mine, which makes YOU the one causing the problem. So if you want to point fingers, why don't you start with the idiots like yourself whose pie-in-the-sky daydreams of "gun free zones" have actually killed people? Don't even START trying on that self-righteous blame game while the blood drips off your hands.

Gun free doesn’t

Yeah, because bullets are so big, they can't possibly get between the bars.

Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

Gun free doesn’t

Yeah, because bullets are so big, they can't possibly get between the bars.

Seriously, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
Teacher has a gun can tell students to get under their desks and shoot the fk! It’s simple

We will never remove guns from America, it is to tied into the Constitution and culture.

We need to focus on training on teachers catching behaviors, we need parent involved with their children and not coddling them but helping them to become responsible for their lives and where they are at in life.

These countries have not removed all guns. We can have guns, but do we need guns for mass killing? Do we need AR15's with 30 round magazines? Have you noticed that mass killings have increased now that high capacity magazines are everywhere?
Quit lying you pussy, it’s all about total firearm confiscation. It always has been, anybody can see right through progressives on this matter...

Leftist lies are so easy to see through

From trumploons who wouldn’t know the truth if it but them. :rofl:

So you don't want to confiscate guns? You oppose that?

And BTW, didn't vote for Trump. That's how shallow leftists are. Not leftist = Trump supporter. You're just oozing with brains out of that pretty little head of yours
Fundamentalists cannot understand anything beyond fundamentalism.

That is why they call anything they cannot understand an opposing brand of fundamentalism.

Oh, WELL, accidents happen. Never mind that calculated acts of evil ALSO happen, at which point an accident can't possibly make things worse than they already are. Again, you're worrying about a pebble in your shoe while standing under an avalanche. Get some perspective.
An accident is far more likely to happen than a 'calculated act of evil.' You need to put things in perspective.

An accident is far more likely to happen than a 'calculated act of evil.' You need to put things in perspective.
Do you have statistics to show us that?

Forum List

Back