My plan to reduce criminal gun violence.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Since gun control is on the agenda for obama tonight...no doubt...and all of his plans are going to be stupid and targeted at normal gun owners and do nothing to stop criminals or terrorists from getting guns...I thought I would list my actual solutions to gun violence in the United States...which will have the virtue of targeting the majority of gun criminals, the violent, career criminals who do 80-90% of the gun murder in the country...

1) Any time a gun is used to commit a crime, the use of the gun will add 15 years, mandatory to whatever sentence comes out of the actual crime.

2) Anytime a gun with a detachable magazine is used in a crime...the use of a detachable magazine will result in a further 15 year mandatory sentence.

So if a crime is committed with a semit auto pistol or a rifle with a detachable magazine, like an AR-15, the criminal will face 30 years before they even get to the actual robbery or murder sentencing.

Also...if a criminal is caught in mere possession of a gun, a convicted felon......the same two article immediately apply....and he will face 30 years for the possession, all by itself.

I would also reach out to the entertainment community, and other wealthy people to spread the word on this law through PSAs to make sure the thugs and criminals know what they will be facing.

More later.

Now.....I would not apply this to people who have no previous criminal record.....necessarily...I do not want to scoop up innocent, law abiding people who defend themselves and get stuck with A*****e prosecutors or judges.....that would have to be worked out....also.......

As I said before..since hollywood and the music industry is driving most of our inner city murder rates with their glamorization of violence....I would ask them to pitch in and do PSAs and billboards explaining to young criminals that if they get caught with guns in a crime and semi autos in particular....they will do 30 years.........

I would do PSAs of a young guy....and then age advance him on the commercial to show him what he would look like spending 30 years in prison for a gun crime sentence on top of whatever else he did.

Then you have to come up with the fact that gangs would start really pushing 15 year old shooters again......since the 18 year old bangers would be going to prison for 30 years...they will of course start using shooters who are younger and younger...

Perhaps some sort of Rico like law...that would allow a young kid to point to the older thugs who gave him the gun.....and hit them with the 30 years as well.....

Since gun control is on the agenda for obama tonight...no doubt...and all of his plans are going to be stupid and targeted at normal gun owners and do nothing to stop criminals or terrorists from getting guns...I thought I would list my actual solutions to gun violence in the United States...which will have the virtue of targeting the majority of gun criminals, the violent, career criminals who do 80-90% of the gun murder in the country...

1) Any time a gun is used to commit a crime, the use of the gun will add 15 years, mandatory to whatever sentence comes out of the actual crime.

2) Anytime a gun with a detachable magazine is used in a crime...the use of a detachable magazine will result in a further 15 year mandatory sentence.

So if a crime is committed with a semit auto pistol or a rifle with a detachable magazine, like an AR-15, the criminal will face 30 years before they even get to the actual robbery or murder sentencing.

Also...if a criminal is caught in mere possession of a gun, a convicted felon......the same two article immediately apply....and he will face 30 years for the possession, all by itself.

I would also reach out to the entertainment community, and other wealthy people to spread the word on this law through PSAs to make sure the thugs and criminals know what they will be facing.

More later.
Good start. Add in some further regulation of private gun sales and you've got the beginnings of a real plan.

Forum List

Back