My View of "Diversity"

Know what? I'm tired of all this race and diversity crap. The Constitution says all Americans have equal rights. The hell with color and sex. A color and sex blind society is the only way to have true equality.
The constitution had an article stating that blacks counted as 3/5th's of a human being, so that in itself renders the OP to be a load of manure.
The 14th amendment says all persons born in the USA have equal rights. (1867)

This is exactly what the people in power and unfair advantage would say as they observe the country becoming more fair and inclusive to others.

Lemme guess, tou're a white man, am I right?
The problem is after these decades we are falling behind other leading nations and China smells blood. We are getting poorer. You got the answer?
Were failing as that is the cost of racism. You cannot deny portions of your population of what it takes to succeed and stay competitive.

Marc your racial obsessions are weak and pathetic. They harm you (which I don't particularly care about), but more importantly they harm the Country. Martin Luther King was correct. His dream was correct. It's people like you and other race hustlers that attempt to profit from tribalism that have trashed MLK's dream. Hope you're happy......
Please educate me on MLK's dream. What was his dream exactly?

I'd like to see this.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Know what? I'm tired of all this race and diversity crap. The Constitution says all Americans have equal rights. The hell with color and sex. A color and sex blind society is the only way to have true equality.
The constitution had an article stating that blacks counted as 3/5th's of a human being, so that in itself renders the OP to be a load of manure.
And that was denied until 1965.

Marc your racial obsessions are weak and pathetic. They harm you (which I don't particularly care about), but more importantly they harm the Country. Martin Luther King was correct. His dream was correct. It's people like you and other race hustlers that attempt to profit from tribalism that have trashed MLK's dream. Hope you're happy......

I'd like to see this.
I think I'll get my popcorn for this one. It looks like another attempt to make up a King that never existed.

Wrong. Only the right to vote was denied Blacks and only in 7 states.
Here is the 14th

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I don't watch movies or TV shows anymore where the lead actor or supporting actor is a Negro or queer, which is like 90%.

I also tune out any commercial that has Blacks in it.

Fuck diversity!

I just. for the hell of it, looked up Martin Luther King quotes. I'm a white Conservative and he agrees with me about color blindness. Lets hope other Blacks will follow his lead. If they do, we can make real progress.
You didn't look up shit and you are not colorblind.

The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King fought against white racism. When he made his famous speech in 1963, he was saying that he wanted his kids to live in a world without white racism where they could be seen for the content of their character by WHITES, not that he was talking about some fictional society that ignores racism. We need to understand that almost every word he spoke was in opposition to white racism. We need to learn that he was asking whites to stop being racists and that whites start looking at blacks not for the color of their skin but that WHITES begin looking at us for the content of our character. He was not asking blacks to ignore white racism under the guise of some fake colorblind belief.

That was his dream. The end of white racism. But his life has been deconstructed by right wing racist whites to remake him into a mealy mouthed black conservative republican. When you discuss race in the various social media platforms or society in general, there is always somebody white who thinks they can tell you how what you say would not be approved by King because you are opposing white racism unapologetically and in no uncertain terms. King has been dead for over 50 years now and just like in almost every other matter of race relations; a certain part of the white community has amnesia about King.

I was 7 years old when King was murdered by a white man in 1968. Before his murder, King was organizing a poor people’s march on Washington. King felt at that time the United States must begin to provide for the economic damage caused by the years of racism against blacks by the government of this country. He pledged that when he went to the White House this time, he was coming to get a check. It is very plain that King was moving in the direction of demanding economic equality and economic justice for the poor. Conservatives who hijack his words miss this reality. Unfortunately, King did not make it to Washington. However, that goal of economic equality remains in effect for blacks today.

King was killed because the content of his character dictated that he was required to stand up and oppose injustice. Not that he sits idly by ignoring the whites practicing it so he would not be considered a racist.

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

And what is it America has failed to hear?...It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity. — Martin Luther King Jr.

Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to re-educate themselves out of their racial ignorance. It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn. The reality of substantial investment to assist Negroes into the twentieth century, adjusting to Negro neighbors and genuine school integration, is still a nightmare for all too many white Americans.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Somebdy told a lie one day. They couched it in language. They made everything black ugly and evil. Look in your dictionary and see the synonyms of the word “black.” It’s always something degrading, low, and sinister. Look at the word “white.” It’s always something pure, high, clean. Well, I wanna get the language right tonight. I wanna get the language right so that everybody here will cry out “Yes I’m black! I’m proud of it! I’m black and beautiful!”
Martin Luther King Jr.

However difficult it is to hear, however shocking it is to hear, we’ve got to face the fact that America is a racist country.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Here is the 14th

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
I am correct. Blacks were slaughtered after this and Jim Crow became the law of the land.

This is exactly what the people in power and unfair advantage would say as they observe the country becoming more fair and inclusive to others.

The problem is after these decades we are falling behind other leading nations and China smells blood. We are getting poorer. You got the answer?
Were failing as that is the cost of racism. You cannot deny portions of your population of what it takes to succeed and stay competitive.
So this is truth. we are on a path that within a couple of decades or so, China will eclipse us as the number one nation in the world. That means a lot of things. Reserve currency, respect as the world leader, things like that. We were warned when we started using quotas and diversity no matter if the candidate was good enough. Even though they made the person qualified. That warning was in the 1970's. The result would be a generation poorer then any before it. The millennials are the first generation to be just that.

Here is the 14th

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

I am correct. Blacks were slaughtered after this and Jim Crow became the law of the land.
That's a LIE. Jim Crow was restricted to the former slave states of the South.

The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King fought against white racism. When he made his famous speech in 1963, he was saying that he wanted his kids to live in a world without white racism where they could be seen for the content of their character by WHITES, not that he was talking about some fictional society that ignores racism. We need to understand that almost every word he spoke was in opposition to white racism. We need to learn that he was asking whites to stop being racists and that whites start looking at blacks not for the color of their skin but that WHITES begin looking at us for the content of our character. He was not asking blacks to ignore white racism under the guise of some fake colorblind belief.

That was his dream. The end of white racism. But his life has been deconstructed by right wing racist whites to remake him into a mealy mouthed black conservative republican. When you discuss race in the various social media platforms or society in general, there is always somebody white who thinks they can tell you how what you say would not be approved by King because you are opposing white racism unapologetically and in no uncertain terms. King has been dead for over 50 years now and just like in almost every other matter of race relations; a certain part of the white community has amnesia about King.

I was 7 years old when King was murdered by a white man in 1968. Before his murder, King was organizing a poor people’s march on Washington. King felt at that time the United States must begin to provide for the economic damage caused by the years of racism against blacks by the government of this country. He pledged that when he went to the White House this time, he was coming to get a check. It is very plain that King was moving in the direction of demanding economic equality and economic justice for the poor. Conservatives who hijack his words miss this reality. Unfortunately, King did not make it to Washington. However, that goal of economic equality remains in effect for blacks today.

King was killed because the content of his character dictated that he was required to stand up and oppose injustice. Not that he sits idly by ignoring the whites practicing it so he would not be considered a racist.

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

And what is it America has failed to hear?...It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity. — Martin Luther King Jr.

Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to re-educate themselves out of their racial ignorance. It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn. The reality of substantial investment to assist Negroes into the twentieth century, adjusting to Negro neighbors and genuine school integration, is still a nightmare for all too many white Americans.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Somebdy told a lie one day. They couched it in language. They made everything black ugly and evil. Look in your dictionary and see the synonyms of the word “black.” It’s always something degrading, low, and sinister. Look at the word “white.” It’s always something pure, high, clean. Well, I wanna get the language right tonight. I wanna get the language right so that everybody here will cry out “Yes I’m black! I’m proud of it! I’m black and beautiful!”
Martin Luther King Jr.

However difficult it is to hear, however shocking it is to hear, we’ve got to face the fact that America is a racist country.
Martin Luther King Jr.

POWERFUL!!!
giphy.gif

Dr. King was, in fact, assassinated for his "communist" views by white supremacist forces.

These forces are still, quite, active today.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
I just. for the hell of it, looked up Martin Luther King quotes. I'm a white Conservative and he agrees with me about color blindness. Lets hope other Blacks will follow his lead. If they do, we can make real progress.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Here is the Dream Speech. I rest my case

Hey, stupid! King did not say there is no racism in the present. He said colorblindness is a goal to be achieved in the future. That is what I said and YOU CANNOT READ.

The OP's views, IMHO, are very idealistic and sweet -- but impractical.

Since the 1960s, we have all hoped that the end of de facto & de jure discrimination against people of color would usher in the happy diverse world that we see in TV commercials.

It has not turned out that way in real life.

IMHO, it is really no one's fault.

I do not see any solution to a situation that is INTRACTABLE.

Even when Caucasians are a small minority by the end of this century, I think that the topic of racism will continue to roil this nation. The only difference is that Caucasians will no longer be part of the equation.

In blunt English, the paradise portrayed in TV commercials will (sadly) never be realized.

I'd like to see this.

You claim to be a black man and you do not know MLK's I Have a Dream speech and you do not know what he said? Are you really so fucking ignorant you have to ask a white man?

Wow.....just wow. In the words of Joe Biden "You ain't Black.". :lol:

So this is truth. we are on a path that within a couple of decades or so, China will eclipse us as the number one nation in the world. That means a lot of things. Reserve currency, respect as the world leader, things like that. We were warned when we started using quotas and diversity no matter if the candidate was good enough. Even though they made the person qualified. That warning was in the 1970's. The result would be a generation poorer then any before it. The millennials are the first generation to be just that.
That's a motherfucking lie white racists tell themselves. Quotas never have been used and whites only does not allow our country to use its full talent base. Your consistent support of white politician that allowed white businesses to move out of the country and giving American jobs to foreign nations is the cause of whatever you're trying to claim.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Here is the Dream Speech. I rest my case

Hey, stupid! King did not say there is no racism in the present. He said colorblindness is a goal to be achieved in the future. That is what I said and YOU CANNOT READ.
I have a dream is not all he spoke and in the years following he stated that his dream had become a nightmare. Furthermore whites still practice racism as you are doing then try lecturing blacks on MLK according to the paleface. King was working to end white racism. You are using words from King to further it.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr.

POWERFUL!!!
giphy.gif

Dr. King was, in fact, assassinated for his "communist" views by white supremacist forces.

These forces are still, quite, active today.
Yes they are. And they are most active among whites who use a few lines out of one speech to try derailing blacks who oppose their racism like welfareho and viktom tried to do.

I'd like to see this.

You claim to be a black man and you do not know MLK's I Have a Dream speech and you do not know what he said? Are you really so fucking ignorant you have to ask a white man?

Wow.....just wow. In the words of Joe Biden "You ain't Black.". :lol:
You do understand that King made more than that one speech don't you pale rider?

Forum List

Back