N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

Meh the cops and the attorney were stupid
The attorney wasn't stupid, she is considerably richer because of stupid cops.

It was stupid, just answer the fucking questions

Wrong. This is not a police state. We need to reverse that trend. There are specific Constitutional amendments detailing the protections we are asserted at birth. The woman did what she had to do and was not required to participate in the unlawful actions by the officer.

Wrong. This is not a police state. We need to reverse that trend. There are specific Constitutional amendments detailing the protections we are asserted at birth. The woman did what she had to do and was not required to participate in the unlawful actions by the officer.

Gawd shut up already, it was stupid and a waste of time.

When the police pull you over, you are under no obligation to help them gather evidence against you

Providing license, registration and proof of insurance is all that is required. You do not have to attempt to try the case on the side of the road. If they think they have evidence to support a ticket, they can write it.

Note taken. SIL doesn't give a shit about the U S Constitution.

Wrong, I just don't give a shit about the ramblings of a leftist loon, now shut up, your alerts are hella annoying

Wrong, I just don't give a shit about the ramblings of a leftist loon, now shut up, your alerts are hella annoying

What evidence do you have of the presence of a "leftist loon"? Me? Show me a single post where I advocate for a "leftist" position on ANYTHING?

Oh! That's right! There are no such posts. I guess that makes you a lying piece of shit.

I love it when I watch "Cops" and some guy gets pulled over for a tail light or some crap. The cop politely asks if he can search the car and the guy says OK. Of course they find guns or drugs and arrest him

Why would anyone consent to a search if they have drugs in the car?
Another good one on COPS is the, "Where are you going?" and "Where are you coming from?" routine.

The segments they don't approve for broadcast are the ones in which the subject indignantly refuses to answer those questions or submit to search. Because, according to a Cato Institute study, in the vast majority of those non-cooperative situations that kind of behavior suggests the subject is legitimate and going any further could be counterproductive, so they back off and let him/her/them go.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true friend of the Black & Tan. Down the Rebels!

WTF are you blabbering about? This was stupid on the woman's part and waste of everybody's time.

By the way my ancestors were Sinn Fein...that's a rebel, some fat cow getting pulled over and acting like a dope isn't
Because your ancestors were allegedly rebels is no excuse for your modern day ignorance...

Unfortunately asserting your constitutional rights in this day and age can get you killed by pigs.

What evidence do you have of the presence of a "leftist loon"? Me? Show me a single post where I advocate for a "leftist" position on ANYTHING?

Oh! That's right! There are no such posts. I guess that makes you a lying piece of shit.

Meh, you'll get over it and if not? Meh...

Thank you for posting this video.

Incidents of this nature make it clear that many (most?) cops evidently believe it is okay to conduct themselves in this manner. The nagging question is, why? The obvious answer is not inadequate training but improper training and supervision.

This seventeen year-old kid did absolutely nothing that called for more than a summons. Because of the potential for the kind of serious incident which actually did develop, the cop should have been smart enough and/or sufficiently well-trained, to request a supervisor. But, like many who will comment here, he thought he knew better -- and now he will spend four years in prison.

If anything constructive can come from such a totally destructive situation it will be a video of this convict/cop, filmed in his cell and speaking on how he feels about what he did and why, and a copy of that video should be distributed to every presently active American police officer and to every rookie in training.

Hopefully that poor kid will fully recover from the brain damage he sustained. But whether or not he does the amount of money the resulting lawsuit will cost the taxpayers should not be kept quiet, as is typical. If the public was made aware of how much this kind of misconduct by cops costs them more attention would be paid to the widespread problem of goon cops.

Blacks should pay attention to what she did. She knows her rights and she does not have the right to resist arrest
Contrary to the opinion of some, obviously including you, one does indeed have every right to resist an unlawful arrest. Just be sure you are correct.
Nope. That's for the judge to decide.

Is it possible the same white racist that cheer every time a black is killed resisting arrest are the same ones talking about unlawful arrests?

You moron if it is obvious it's an unlawful arrest then you tell it to the judge.

Let's play out this scenario. The cops try and "unlawfully arrest" you. What are you going to do? You gonna kill them? You're a fucking idiot

Watching the video, I saw no papers in the officers hands, therefore I doubt she actually gave them her license and registration, which you have to do. They had no business arresting her for not talking (which she was obviously doing to see what the response would be if she didn't speak). If the basis was because she refused to provide the documents, then the arrest was warranted. If you are pulled over by the police and they ask for your license and registration, you must provide them. As automobiles hadn't been invented when the Constitution was drafted, they are not covered by it and thus the states make the laws regarding them and all states require a driver's license and all automobiles must have registration and law enforcement is tasked with ensuring that all drivers are licensed and all vehicles are registered.

Blacks should pay attention to what she did. She knows her rights and she does not have the right to resist arrest
Contrary to the opinion of some, obviously including you, one does indeed have every right to resist an unlawful arrest. Just be sure you are correct.

Is it possible the same white racist that cheer every time a black is killed resisting arrest are the same ones talking about unlawful arrests?

You moron if it is obvious it's an unlawful arrest then you tell it to the judge.

Let's play out this scenario. The cops try and "unlawfully arrest" you. What are you going to do? You gonna kill them? You're a fucking idiot
There is a difference between false arrest, which can occur as an honest mistake, and unlawful arrest, which is a maliciously unlawful attempt to deprive one of freedom. A prominent example of an unlawful arrest attempt was the BATF raid at Waco, TX, in 1993. The Branch Davidians who admittedly shot and killed four of the ATF agents who were unlawfully breaking into the Davidian residence were acquitted because their action was deemed lawful self defense in accordance with Texas Penal Law. 11 in Texas Sect Are Acquitted Of Key Charges

Most other states have similar laws.

Last edited:

There is a difference between false arrest, which can occur as an honest mistake, and unlawful arrest, which is a maliciously unlawful attempt to deprive one of freedom. A prominent example of an unlawful arrest attempt was the BATF raid at Waco, TX, in 1993. The Branch Davidians who admittedly shot and killed four of the ATF agents who were unlawfully breaking into the Davidian residence were acquitted because their action was deemed lawful self defense in accordance with Texas Penal Law. The Authoritarian Personality by Erich Fromm 1957

Most other states have similar laws.
Did the branch davidians survive to celebrate the victory?

We're they really acquitted? I don't remember that. What's your link got to do with it?

Forum List

Back