N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

Did the branch davidians survive to celebrate the victory?
Some of them did.

We're they really acquitted? I don't remember that. What's your link got to do with it?
The link is to a New York Times report. If you have questions, or if you wish to challenge the report's credibility, I suggest you contact the New York Times and offer their editors the benefit of your analysis.

By the way, did your head ever come into close contact with a strong magnet?

Some of them did.

We're they really acquitted? I don't remember that. What's your link got to do with it?
The link is to a New York Times report. If you have questions, or if you wish to challenge the report's credibility, I suggest you contact the New York Times and offer their editors the benefit of your analysis.

Did the courts rule that the arrest was unlawful and did they acquit the branch davidians? I don't care what the times thinks. Did a court acquit the davidians or are you making that up. I looked it up and found no information on this.

Is it an Opinion piece?

Meh the cops and the attorney were stupid
The attorney wasn't stupid, she is considerably richer because of stupid cops.

It was stupid, just answer the fucking questions

Wrong. This is not a police state. We need to reverse that trend. There are specific Constitutional amendments detailing the protections we are asserted at birth. The woman did what she had to do and was not required to participate in the unlawful actions by the officer.
Unfortunately asserting your constitutional rights in this day and age can get you killed by pigs.

City by city the police are being retrained. It may take a while but it IS happening.

I really don't get the concept where conservatives believe you should be punished and/or arrested for invoking your Rights...
Maybe some people simply long for serfdom...
Not this conservative...and believe me, I fight this battle every day with ppl who claim to be constitutional in their mien...but who think pigs should get a.pass.

I really don't get the concept where conservatives believe you should be punished and/or arrested for invoking your Rights...
Maybe some people simply long for serfdom...
Not this conservative...and believe me, I fight this battle every day with ppl who claim to be constitutional in their mien...but who think pigs should get a.pass.

I missed you Koshergrl.

Some of them did.

Did the courts rule that the arrest was unlawful and did they acquit the branch davidians? I don't care what the times thinks. Did a court acquit the davidians or are you making that up. I looked it up and found no information on this.

Is it an Opinion piece?
He lies

The Koresh was a pedophile who killed four federal agents. He ordered his people to set the fires and refused to allow them to leave

He lies

The Koresh was a pedophile who killed four federal agents. He ordered his people to set the fires and refused to allow them to leave
Who "lies?" And about what?

Where does your information come from -- the FBI? Were you present at the Waco Massacre?

You really don't know what you're talking about.

He lies

Who "lies?" And about what?

Where does your information come from -- the FBI? Were you present at the Waco Massacre?

You really don't know what you're talking about.
I heard the FBI on loud speakers begging Koresh to let his people leave the fires....he let them die

Your martyr not mine

Don't worry...Officers violating the rights of citizens is a discussion you aren't prepared for...
what right did he violate? She had a choice, speak to the officer or go to the precinct and take care of it there. I'm not clear what the officers did wrong.
Bull shit. She doesnt have to have a conversation with him. All she needs to do is produce her documents at his request.

When asked why she was pulled over all she had to say was give me my ticket and i'll be on my way.
Instead she wanted to be a smart ass....I'm sorry but I dont have any sympathy for people like her.
You mean intelligent people that assert their Rights???

Nope,smart asses who go out of their way to start shit.
Nope. Unprofessional cop that doesnt understand the constitution and just spent your tax money awarding this woman for having her rights abused by the retarded cop.

The dashboard camera footage shows Stazzone approached the vehicle on the passenger side and asked Musarra for her license, registration and insurance.

"While you're looking for that, do you know why you're being pulled over tonight?" the trooper asked her, according to the tape. She claims she provided the documents but didn't respond.

After asking her several more times, Stazzone walked to the other side of her car, rapping on the window with his flashlight and again demanding a response.

"You're going to be placed under arrest if you don't answer my questions," he told her. Musarra claims the force of the flashlight chipped her window.

The footage shows she eventually told the trooper she was an attorney and that she did not have to answer questions. Stazzone then ordered her out of the vehicle.

As the two troopers cuffed her and walked her toward a troop car, Musarra asked them, "Are you detaining me because I refused to speak?"

"Yeah," Stazzone replied, according to the video. "Yeah, obstruction," Gosa added.

Yeah, another out of court settlement. These idiots arrested an Attorney for exercising her 5th Amendment Right and refusing to speak with them...

WATCH: N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

And?

You have the right to remain silent, but usually it's not a good idea.

Especially when the chick had nothing to gain by being a smart ass.
I'll never understand people who antagonize cops for no other reason than to be a shithead.

She just gained a couple of thousand - millions of dollars not to mention she gained the satisfaction of not giving up her rights.

When asked why she was pulled over all she had to say was give me my ticket and i'll be on my way.
Instead she wanted to be a smart ass....I'm sorry but I dont have any sympathy for people like her.
You mean intelligent people that assert their Rights???

Nope,smart asses who go out of their way to start shit.
To some, asserting your rights is starting shit...lol.

What reason did she have for refusing to answer the cops simple question?
I mean really,it was a traffic ticket for fucks sake!

And if she really wanted to defuse the situation all she had to say was she is choosing to remain silent.
Doesnt matter what her reasons were. The point is she had a right not to answer his questions. Are you really that stupid?

Even staying silent when you have the right to is an action worthy of arrest to these bootlickers

Did you rob that store?

Someone with a brain answers "no, officer."

It's a simple concept, even a democrat should be able to grasp it.
Did you rob that store???
Officer I exercise my right to remain silent...

Easy enough for Conservatives to mimic the sounds...

She never said that.
The dumb cop never said that either. Whats your point?

I heard the FBI on loud speakers begging Koresh to let his people leave the fires....he let them die

Your martyr not mine
I heard that, too.

It is also well-known that Koresh repeatedly told the government agents the Davidians would not come out and any attack on the premises would result in the deaths of everyone within -- including the children. At this point it is important to mention that the FBI personnel who officiated at Waco were not ordinary Special Agents. Rather, they were members of the notorious FBI Hostgae "Rescue" Team (HRT), the same bunch who shot Randy Weaver's wife to death while she was innocently holding her newborn infant. (Real heroes.)

In spite of Koresh's apocalyptic warning, and in spite of the fact they had ample cause to believe he was insane and suicidal, the FBI punched an 8' x 10' hole in a wall using a tank retriever and inserted enough flammable tear gas to asphyxiate 500 adult humans. The FBI then fired a number of tear-gas canisters through that hole, each of which burns off at around 3,000f and which, combined with the flammable tear gas, produced an incendiary effect. They did this knowing there were twenty-six innocent children in that largely wooden structure -- some as young as one and two years old,

Within less then a minute after the tear gas canisters were introduced the first report of fire was heard. The rest is a history which many, including you, choose either to ignore or to deny.

Why is that?

Last edited:
Rightwinger,

Consider the following hypothesis:

You are the commanding officer of a police SWAT team poised to raid a house within which are several major bank-fraud suspects, their wives and a total of a dozen of their children. These suspected criminals insist they are innocent. They demand the police go away and leave them alone. They threaten to set fire to the house and kill everyone inside, including the children, if any attempt is made to break in.

Keeping in mind your answer will clearly determine whether or not you are the most reprehensible kind of sociopath -- what would you do? Would you risk immolating all those children for the sake of asserting your authority?

It's a very simple question and it is precisely analogous to the Waco standoff.

Last edited:
Rightwinger,

Because I respect your intelligence I am eager to respond to your clearly erroneous and biased beliefs concerning the Waco Massacre, an incident which I regard as one of the most important events in modern American socio-political history and one which I have researched in depth because of its critical implications.

One very important fact I wish to call your attention to is the obstruction imposed on the media by the federal government throughout the entire 51-day standoff. During this time the Davidians begged the FBI to allow reporters to enter the compound to interview them, and some of the most prominent members of the contemporary Press also appealed to be permitted, waiving all responsibility for their personal safety.

Those appeals were flatly rejected and the media was restricted to an enclosed area about a mile from the scene. With few exceptions the only source of information they had was the FBI. Those exceptions included the county sheriff, Jack Harwell, who stated that he'd investigated the claims made against David Koresh and the Davidians and found them to be unfounded. He said the Davidians were decent, peaceful people who kept largely to themselves but were respectable members of the community.

Every member of the Waco community interviewed by the media had basically the same things to say, essentially describing the Davidians as good neighbors.

Last edited:
Rightwinger,

Consider the following hypothesis:

You are the commanding officer of a police SWAT team poised to raid a house within which are several major bank-fraud suspects, their wives and a total of a dozen of their children. These suspected criminals insist they are innocent. They demand the police go away and leave them alone. They threaten to set fire to the house and kill everyone inside, including the children, if any attempt is made to break in.

Keeping in mind your answer will clearly determine whether or not you are the most reprehensible kind of sociopath -- what would you do? Would you risk immolating all those children for the sake of asserting your authority?

It's a very simple question and it is precisely analogous to the Waco standoff.
Very simply, they gave Koresh more than enough latitude for someone what killed four agents

They were patient to a fault and finally decided enough is enough

Forum List

Back