🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

n korea thinks trump is bluffing

I fucking hate war. Last resort
But what else is left? Sanctions? Nuke deals? :lol:

I still question whether NK is bluffing or not, though.
I found it weird they werent "capable" of hurting people until the war drums started beating..
Wouldnt surprise me if they slowly built this up like they did with Iraq... 10 years later BOOM

You think we will take the military option? I have not heard anyone who is familiar with foreign and military policy think that is a good idea.
in no way shape form or fashion would i prefer we take the military way.

what i am saying is we have a uber-freak psychotic kid in power over there building and testing nukes all the time with the stated desire to nuke us. sanctions he doesn't care about cause he just seems to take it out on the people there. he doesn't seem to have missed a meal at all while others in his country starve.

that said, trump is not bluffing. and again when he's testing nukes with the stated desire to kill us, when do we take it seriously enough to do something more than hope he's kidding?
You just presented an argument for the military option. Quit pretending it's not your preference, is all I'm saying.

All other options have been exhausted. We can't let NK treat us like Iran treats Israel.

-Geaux
Iran hasn't sent a nuke to Israel because Israel would nuke them back. Same, imo, as NK will be toward the U.S. NK is not suicidal.

The one option which has not been tried in over ten years is (1) admitting NK HAS nukes and negotiating with them, bringing them under China's nuclear protection the way Japan and South Korea are under ours.
Not saying it is going to work, but all options have not been tried. China is not going to ratchet up sanctions any more than they have because they don't want a bunch of NK refugees coming across the border. China doesn't want to deal with them. They're not going to starve them even worse than they already are. I think that sanctions option has gone about as far as it will go. It didn't work. So, next?

Get the lowdown on North Korea's nukes – and whether tubby tyrant Kim Jong-un should scare you
Leader Kim has made it his mission to increase the amount of nukes in his control and has been carrying out a series of tests – we look at the secretive state’s nuclear capabilities…

North Korea's nuclear weapons: Here is all we know
North Korea carried out its first successful nuclear test in 2006, while its nuclear programme started in the Soviet era with the construction of its first nuclear reactor in Yongbyon back in 1965.

North Korea and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia
North Korea has a military nuclear weapons program, and possibly also chemical or biological weapons.[7] Since 2003, North Korea is no longer a party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).[8] The country has come under sanctions after conducting a number of nuclear tests, beginning in 2006.

seems to me your little tidbit of "admit they have nukes" took place long ago. if you're upset we've glossed over that in the last 8+ years, who was in charge then?

You think we will take the military option? I have not heard anyone who is familiar with foreign and military policy think that is a good idea.

what i am saying is we have a uber-freak psychotic kid in power over there building and testing nukes all the time with the stated desire to nuke us. sanctions he doesn't care about cause he just seems to take it out on the people there. he doesn't seem to have missed a meal at all while others in his country starve.

that said, trump is not bluffing. and again when he's testing nukes with the stated desire to kill us, when do we take it seriously enough to do something more than hope he's kidding?
You just presented an argument for the military option. Quit pretending it's not your preference, is all I'm saying.
why don't you quit telling me how i feel about things - maybe that would be a excellent fucking start.

i do not want a military option - i just don't see their leadership packing it up and stopping their testing. i don't see sanctions doing anything either. you tell me what other options you think are coming - not what you prefer but coming.

wringing your hands in hope this is doing to resolve itself i don't view as a valid action plan to a man proclaiming to blow up us and tests his ability to do so on a regular basis.

Libs love to tell you how you think, or should think for that matter. Some talking head was on TV saying the Pub healthcare plan does away with things 'people need'. Again, they love to tell you how to think and live. Pretty amazing

-Geaux
well i've made the mistake of trying to be respectful to her and after last week, i just don't give a shit anymore. i bent over backwards to jump through her hoops and in the end while i admitted plain as day where i was wrong on points, she never did when proven just as wrong. only didn't reply and moved on to bag on me for something else.

respect over. she wants to dive in and try and paint me in a corner, i'll just move on and stop talking to her. she's one of the liberals i did in fact respect when i came in cause she seemed to be open minded at least but i've seen that change in my own interactions with her. now it's all about dropping judgments on people and telling them who they are and why they are evil.

tired of that shit.
In other words, folks, I beat him in an argument and he's too butt hurt to risk it again.
I am still open minded, but I can also read and identify inferences.
So cry.

why don't you quit telling me how i feel about things - maybe that would be a excellent fucking start.

i do not want a military option - i just don't see their leadership packing it up and stopping their testing. i don't see sanctions doing anything either. you tell me what other options you think are coming - not what you prefer but coming.

wringing your hands in hope this is doing to resolve itself i don't view as a valid action plan to a man proclaiming to blow up us and tests his ability to do so on a regular basis.

Libs love to tell you how you think, or should think for that matter. Some talking head was on TV saying the Pub healthcare plan does away with things 'people need'. Again, they love to tell you how to think and live. Pretty amazing

-Geaux
well i've made the mistake of trying to be respectful to her and after last week, i just don't give a shit anymore. i bent over backwards to jump through her hoops and in the end while i admitted plain as day where i was wrong on points, she never did when proven just as wrong. only didn't reply and moved on to bag on me for something else.

respect over. she wants to dive in and try and paint me in a corner, i'll just move on and stop talking to her. she's one of the liberals i did in fact respect when i came in cause she seemed to be open minded at least but i've seen that change in my own interactions with her. now it's all about dropping judgments on people and telling them who they are and why they are evil.

tired of that shit.
In other words, folks, I beat him in an argument and he's too butt hurt to risk it again.
I am still open minded, but I can also read and identify inferences.
So cry.
i rest my case.

she's just another who must have it her way and can't admit when she is wrong.

i got no more use for this bitch your honor.

How do you lose to OL in an argument? :uhh:
wasn't trying to win or lose but explain and have valid convo. she seems to be the one making shit adversarial.

anyway - move her to ignore and move on.

Trump is bluffing....Plain and simple...
we'll see.

but that sure doesn't fit the profile of someone the libs were scared to death would have his finger on the nuke button now does it?
I wouldn't know, since I didn't ask anyone..
so you don't have a point here, just being a contradiction for the sake of a contradiction?
The point is I didn't ask anyone for their opinion on the matter..

we'll see.

but that sure doesn't fit the profile of someone the libs were scared to death would have his finger on the nuke button now does it?
so you don't have a point here, just being a contradiction for the sake of a contradiction?
no. you just dove into a convo of opinions to stir shit up.

got it. you can move on now.

we'll see.

You ask the question, I answered, you felt the need to be a dick, nothing new..

we'll see.

You ask the question, I answered, you felt the need to be a dick, nothing new..
and it was't a dick move to pipe in with no intention to do anything but troll?

nothing new there either. guess we're both just busy being ourselves.

How do you lose to OL in an argument? :uhh:
Go soak your head, whippersnapper.
Sweet old ladies are supposed to be SWEET!
Deer geebus!
yea, like i said...i was trying to be civil and talk with her and put aside all her bullshit insults as just having a bad day. that seems to have spilled over to several days and she's back into bitch-mode so i'm done.
She was a sweet old lady when she started here. Now, she is a part of the grumpy old people stereotype. This place ruined her... LOL

All other options have been exhausted. We can't let NK treat us like Iran treats Israel.

-Geaux
Iran hasn't sent a nuke to Israel because Israel would nuke them back. Same, imo, as NK will be toward the U.S. NK is not suicidal.

The one option which has not been tried in over ten years is (1) admitting NK HAS nukes and negotiating with them, bringing them under China's nuclear protection the way Japan and South Korea are under ours.
Not saying it is going to work, but all options have not been tried. China is not going to ratchet up sanctions any more than they have because they don't want a bunch of NK refugees coming across the border. China doesn't want to deal with them. They're not going to starve them even worse than they already are. I think that sanctions option has gone about as far as it will go. It didn't work. So, next?

Get the lowdown on North Korea's nukes – and whether tubby tyrant Kim Jong-un should scare you
Leader Kim has made it his mission to increase the amount of nukes in his control and has been carrying out a series of tests – we look at the secretive state’s nuclear capabilities…

North Korea carried out its first successful nuclear test in 2006, while its nuclear programme started in the Soviet era with the construction of its first nuclear reactor in Yongbyon back in 1965.

North Korea has a military nuclear weapons program, and possibly also chemical or biological weapons.[7] Since 2003, North Korea is no longer a party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).[8] The country has come under sanctions after conducting a number of nuclear tests, beginning in 2006.

seems to me your little tidbit of "admit they have nukes" took place long ago. if you're upset we've glossed over that in the last 8+ years, who was in charge then?
Since Butthurt has me on ignore, I am responding to the board at large:
The U.S. has refused to begin any talks until N.K. agrees to get rid of nukes. To me, that seems like it should be the END of the talks, not the beginning.
I realize diplomacy is a fragile, complex thing, but if you have to wade in wearing your muck boots when the only alternative seems to be war, I say DO IT. The worst that can happen is that we once again end up getting played by NK. I don't think anyone is going to allow that this time. China needs to be a major player in these talks; we shouldn't be holding an arm across their necks and bad mouthing them for not being more "cooperative" at this point.

At least that's my understanding of what is happening right now.

-Geaux

Since Butthurt has me on ignore, I am responding to the board at large:
The U.S. has refused to begin any talks until N.K. agrees to get rid of nukes. To me, that seems like it should be the END of the talks, not the beginning.
I realize diplomacy is a fragile, complex thing, but if you have to wade in wearing your muck boots when the only alternative seems to be war, I say DO IT. The worst that can happen is that we once again end up getting played by NK. I don't think anyone is going to allow that this time. China needs to be a major player in these talks; we shouldn't be holding an arm across their necks and bad mouthing them for not being more "cooperative" at this point.

At least that's my understanding of what is happening right now.
US and Russia are discussing wheys to get Kim's toys under control, but don't want US involvement...Don just doesn't impress them like the US redneck rubes..

Forum List

Back