🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

n korea thinks trump is bluffing

You think we will take the military option? I have not heard anyone who is familiar with foreign and military policy think that is a good idea.

We will attack if Kim -

1) Attacks us, or an ally.

2) Develops missiles of intercontinental range along with miniaturized nukes capable of being mounted on the missiles.

Right now we are biding time in the hope that his own will kill him rather that play out a Jim Jones scenario.

How do you lose to OL in an argument? :uhh:
Go soak your head, whippersnapper.
Sweet old ladies are supposed to be SWEET!
Deer geebus!
yea, like i said...i was trying to be civil and talk with her and put aside all her bullshit insults as just having a bad day. that seems to have spilled over to several days and she's back into bitch-mode so i'm done.
She was a sweet old lady when she started here. Now, she is a part of the grumpy old people stereotype. This place ruined her... LOL
well lord knows as i get older my grumpy days can get harder to kick back out of site and they do spill over. that's why i wanted to hope she was having one of those days and would move on. coming back in bitch mode again today i just lose interest and don't care. i didn't come in here to get angry at people i came here to talk with issues on both sides and try to understand - both sides - better.

like all i do have my own opinions and lean my own way because of it. but i also appreciate when people can talk w/o the jabs and i don't usually start on the return jabs unless they just keep at it. spent too many alcohol driven years long ago doing that and it never got me anywhere. so now when i see someone is just a troll, ignore.

when i find i can't have a civil mutually respectful convo with someone, i move on.

had more than enough pointless internet fights and i can't shine up my virtual trophy more than i already have. she can think what she wants and my overall apathy will take care of it.

Deer geebus!
yea, like i said...i was trying to be civil and talk with her and put aside all her bullshit insults as just having a bad day. that seems to have spilled over to several days and she's back into bitch-mode so i'm done.
She was a sweet old lady when she started here. Now, she is a part of the grumpy old people stereotype. This place ruined her... LOL
well lord knows as i get older my grumpy days can get harder to kick back out of site and they do spill over. that's why i wanted to hope she was having one of those days and would move on. coming back in bitch mode again today i just lose interest and don't care. i didn't come in here to get angry at people i came here to talk with issues on both sides and try to understand - both sides - better.

like all i do have my own opinions and lean my own way because of it. but i also appreciate when people can talk w/o the jabs and i don't usually start on the return jabs unless they just keep at it. spent too many alcohol driven years long ago doing that and it never got me anywhere. so now when i see someone is just a troll, ignore.

when i find i can't have a civil mutually respectful convo with someone, i move on.

had more than enough pointless internet fights and i can't shine up my virtual trophy more than i already have. she can think what she wants and my overall apathy will take care of it.
tumblr_ny81721YmN1uf993jo1_500.gif

Deer geebus!

what the hell is it with liberals who can only see things in black or white?

billions shades of gray between the 2. go check 'em out.

You just presented an argument for the military option. Quit pretending it's not your preference, is all I'm saying.

All other options have been exhausted. We can't let NK treat us like Iran treats Israel.

-Geaux
Iran hasn't sent a nuke to Israel because Israel would nuke them back. Same, imo, as NK will be toward the U.S. NK is not suicidal.

The one option which has not been tried in over ten years is (1) admitting NK HAS nukes and negotiating with them, bringing them under China's nuclear protection the way Japan and South Korea are under ours.
Not saying it is going to work, but all options have not been tried. China is not going to ratchet up sanctions any more than they have because they don't want a bunch of NK refugees coming across the border. China doesn't want to deal with them. They're not going to starve them even worse than they already are. I think that sanctions option has gone about as far as it will go. It didn't work. So, next?

Get the lowdown on North Korea's nukes – and whether tubby tyrant Kim Jong-un should scare you
Leader Kim has made it his mission to increase the amount of nukes in his control and has been carrying out a series of tests – we look at the secretive state’s nuclear capabilities…

North Korea's nuclear weapons: Here is all we know
North Korea carried out its first successful nuclear test in 2006, while its nuclear programme started in the Soviet era with the construction of its first nuclear reactor in Yongbyon back in 1965.

North Korea and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia
North Korea has a military nuclear weapons program, and possibly also chemical or biological weapons.[7] Since 2003, North Korea is no longer a party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).[8] The country has come under sanctions after conducting a number of nuclear tests, beginning in 2006.

seems to me your little tidbit of "admit they have nukes" took place long ago. if you're upset we've glossed over that in the last 8+ years, who was in charge then?
Since Butthurt has me on ignore, I am responding to the board at large:
The U.S. has refused to begin any talks until N.K. agrees to get rid of nukes. To me, that seems like it should be the END of the talks, not the beginning.
I realize diplomacy is a fragile, complex thing, but if you have to wade in wearing your muck boots when the only alternative seems to be war, I say DO IT. The worst that can happen is that we once again end up getting played by NK. I don't think anyone is going to allow that this time. China needs to be a major player in these talks; we shouldn't be holding an arm across their necks and bad mouthing them for not being more "cooperative" at this point.

At least that's my understanding of what is happening right now.
US and Russia are discussing wheys to get Kim's toys under control, but don't want US involvement...Don just doesn't impress them like the US redneck rubes..
Since NK doesn't like us much, that not only makes sense, but it's fine with me. So long as it gets done.

Deer geebus!

What the hell is your problem with misuse of nomenclature and trying to create a situation that doesn't exist, you drama queen...I bet you huff as well..

What the hell is your problem with misuse of nomenclature and trying to create a situation that doesn't exist, you drama queen...I bet you huff as well..
heh - who's creating a thing? you're running around trolling and i noticed.

not much more than that.

All other options have been exhausted. We can't let NK treat us like Iran treats Israel.

-Geaux
Iran hasn't sent a nuke to Israel because Israel would nuke them back. Same, imo, as NK will be toward the U.S. NK is not suicidal.

The one option which has not been tried in over ten years is (1) admitting NK HAS nukes and negotiating with them, bringing them under China's nuclear protection the way Japan and South Korea are under ours.
Not saying it is going to work, but all options have not been tried. China is not going to ratchet up sanctions any more than they have because they don't want a bunch of NK refugees coming across the border. China doesn't want to deal with them. They're not going to starve them even worse than they already are. I think that sanctions option has gone about as far as it will go. It didn't work. So, next?

Get the lowdown on North Korea's nukes – and whether tubby tyrant Kim Jong-un should scare you
Leader Kim has made it his mission to increase the amount of nukes in his control and has been carrying out a series of tests – we look at the secretive state’s nuclear capabilities…

North Korea's nuclear weapons: Here is all we know
North Korea carried out its first successful nuclear test in 2006, while its nuclear programme started in the Soviet era with the construction of its first nuclear reactor in Yongbyon back in 1965.

North Korea and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia
North Korea has a military nuclear weapons program, and possibly also chemical or biological weapons.[7] Since 2003, North Korea is no longer a party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT).[8] The country has come under sanctions after conducting a number of nuclear tests, beginning in 2006.

seems to me your little tidbit of "admit they have nukes" took place long ago. if you're upset we've glossed over that in the last 8+ years, who was in charge then?
Since Butthurt has me on ignore, I am responding to the board at large:
The U.S. has refused to begin any talks until N.K. agrees to get rid of nukes. To me, that seems like it should be the END of the talks, not the beginning.
I realize diplomacy is a fragile, complex thing, but if you have to wade in wearing your muck boots when the only alternative seems to be war, I say DO IT. The worst that can happen is that we once again end up getting played by NK. I don't think anyone is going to allow that this time. China needs to be a major player in these talks; we shouldn't be holding an arm across their necks and bad mouthing them for not being more "cooperative" at this point.

At least that's my understanding of what is happening right now.
US and Russia are discussing wheys to get Kim's toys under control, but don't want US involvement...Don just doesn't impress them like the US redneck rubes..
Since NK doesn't like us much, that not only makes sense, but it's fine with me. So long as it gets done.
I have no problem having nukes as long as they are stable....

Deer geebus!
Take your games to the FZ, boy. Quit trolling me when the grown ups are talking.
How growd up do we hast ta b?
Not very.
Good, cause the older I get the younger I act..Screw the senior scene man...

not much more than that.
You managed to derail your own thread, so it is, what it is....

not much more than that.
You managed to derail your own thread, so it is, what it is....
i have my talents i suppose.

Diplomacy has failed.
Sanctions have failed.
Threatening him has failed.
Shows of force in the region have failed.
Asking China to help has failed.
Sitting back and doing nothing has failed.

And the little fat commie dick tater punk is still developing rockets capable of a nuclear attack.

All options have been exhausted other than a military strike, so IMO, at this point, the pie faced punk is going to fire one of those missiles off and it's going to either come a little too close for comfort to land, or actually be tracked to be headed for land, and then he's going to get his ass blow off the map, and the retaliation will be completely justifiable.

Deer geebus!
Take your games to the FZ, boy. Quit trolling me when the grown ups are talking.
You told me to go "soak my head" and called me a whippersnapper. You played along. Dont get all high and mighty on me now.
dish it out - can't take it. :)

Diplomacy has failed.
Sanctions have failed.

And the little fat commie dick tater punk is still developing rockets capable of a nuclear attack.

All options have been exhausted other than a military strike, so IMO, at this point, the pie faced punk is going to fire one of those missiles off and it's going to either come a little too close for comfort to land, or actually be tracked to be headed for land, and then he's going to get his ass blow off the map, and the retaliation will be completely justifiable.
not what i want to see - i'd prefer it if he'd quit pushing people to these limits and testing countries beyond reason. but knowing sooner or later that someone is about to get a smackdown doesn't mean you advocate it or want it.

just don't see much else left.

Diplomacy has failed.
Sanctions have failed.

not what i want to see - i'd prefer it if he'd quit pushing people to these limits and testing countries beyond reason. but knowing sooner or later that someone is about to get a smackdown doesn't mean you advocate it or want it.

just don't see much else left.
You're wanting to see something from that little retarded punk that I don't believe he's capable of. I believe he'll push it until someone takes him out.

I wouldn't be surprised either if once there was a major disruption in NK that the people would revolt. There's probably almost not a single family there that hasn't had a family member either tortured or killed. I'd bet given a window of opportunity, the people of NK would LOVE to be out from under that jackass.

Diplomacy has failed.
Sanctions have failed.

Thank you for bringing this back to the topic. I still don't agree -- I don't see NK as suicidal. There is no indication that little Kim wants to blow his precious kingdom off the map. He will continue to talk belligerently, because it is the only justification he has for turning his little empire into a military camp where the civilians don't matter. He fails to tell them that they'd be doing a hell of a lot better if the country wasn't being strangled economically by sanctions because of his nuclear program. It's all propaganda. Our government MUST know that.
We haven't tried diplomacy with this guy (last time was with his Dad) and we haven't tried the Russia/China gambit. If the guy felt secure in continuing his brutal regime, he might give it a go to have a country with more wealth for him to steal. Just sayin'

he's not been paying attention has he?

and why would ANY country threaten to attack you only after you threaten to wipe them off the map a few hundred times? stunning the lengths some countries will go to in order to stop from being dime-store nuked.

Kim Jong-un claims US ‘bluffing’ over war threats

Trump is bluffing. The reason they know it is because a certain President of the USA, Mr I'm so Fucking Smart decided to tell them he was bluffing. D'oh.

Trump 'rules out military option for North Korea' | Daily Mail Online

"Trump has a four-point diplomatic plan for dealing with North Korea that DOES NOT include a military option or a plan to remove Kim Jong-un from power'"

Then he had his "Armada" go off to North Korea, direction Australia.... that was a bluff and it didn't work.

And even half of America doesn't think he has a plan other than bluffing at his game of poke her.

Analysis | Trump has never had a plan for dealing with North Korea

"Trump has never had a plan for dealing with North Korea"

Forum List

Back