N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg bans 2-liter sodas with pizza delivery

Have New Yorkers truly become so pathetic and incompetent that they can't make these decisions for themselves? Apparently so since they keep electing the nanny state to do it for them.

Amid New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s ban on big sodas — taking effect in March — are some details that may have been overlooked.

Say goodbye to that 2-liter soda with your pizza delivery, pitchers of soft drinks at your kid’s birthday party and some bottle-service mixers at your favorite nightclub, The New York Post reports.

The mayor’s new rules prohibit restaurants from serving or selling soda in containers larger than 16 ounces.

“It’s not fair. If you’re gonna tell me what to do, it’s no good,” Steve DiMaggio of Caruso’s in Brooklyn borough told The Post. “It’s gonna cost a lot more.”

N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg bans 2-liter sodas with pizza delivery: report - Washington Times

For the most part, I like Bloomberg, and he's done a lot of good for NY. While his heart is in the right place, this ban is beyond stupid. While it does seem to be Constitutionally allowable, I would imagine that the citizens of NY can get this thing changed by threatening to vote out their city counsel members. I would imagine it's just a matter of time before that starts to happen.

You know that Bloomberg isn't a "liberal", right?

All the "liberals" in NY voted for the other guy. Bloomberg was the Republican candidate each time he ran, not the Democratic one.

Have New Yorkers truly become so pathetic and incompetent that they can't make these decisions for themselves? Apparently so since they keep electing the nanny state to do it for them.

Amid New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s ban on big sodas — taking effect in March — are some details that may have been overlooked.

Say goodbye to that 2-liter soda with your pizza delivery, pitchers of soft drinks at your kid’s birthday party and some bottle-service mixers at your favorite nightclub, The New York Post reports.

The mayor’s new rules prohibit restaurants from serving or selling soda in containers larger than 16 ounces.

“It’s not fair. If you’re gonna tell me what to do, it’s no good,” Steve DiMaggio of Caruso’s in Brooklyn borough told The Post. “It’s gonna cost a lot more.”

N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg bans 2-liter sodas with pizza delivery: report - Washington Times

Good grief. Let people buy whatever they like!

For the most part, I like Bloomberg, and he's done a lot of good for NY. While his heart is in the right place, this ban is beyond stupid. While it does seem to be Constitutionally allowable, I would imagine that the citizens of NY can get this thing changed by threatening to vote out their city counsel members. I would imagine it's just a matter of time before that starts to happen.

I don't like Bloomberg, nor do I think he's done "a lot" of good for NYC.

But I do think his heart is in the right place - he has a vision of what he thinks NY should be, and he's pursuing that. To his credit, I think his personal wealth makes him somewhat immune to corruption - he's not bought and paid for, which can't be said for other NYC politicians.

I do think it's funny when people blame "the liberals" for Bloomberg - he's always been challenged from the left, not the right. He's had his name appear under the Republican Party each time he's ran - with the only real competition from his Democratic challengers. He's not a "liberal" in the NYC sense of the word.

Bloomberg does not understand the concept of sharing. Next, a limit to the size of pizzas themselves. No one should be eating a pizza bigger than 6 inches.

One big bottle, many small glasses. He doesn't come close to understanding the concept.

Just order two of the smaller bottles if you want. There is nothing wrong with encouraging people away from obesity.

But I do think his heart is in the right place - he has a vision of what he thinks NY should be, and he's pursuing that. To his credit, I think his personal wealth makes him somewhat immune to corruption - he's not bought and paid for, which can't be said for other NYC politicians.

I do think it's funny when people blame "the liberals" for Bloomberg - he's always been challenged from the left, not the right. He's had his name appear under the Republican Party each time he's ran - with the only real competition from his Democratic challengers. He's not a "liberal" in the NYC sense of the word.

I do not see how encouraging people to eat properly and be healthier is a bad thing. If you know anything about health and nutrition, you know just how bad sweet, carbonated drinks are for you, especially for children. You can order as many of the smaller bottles that you want. If this is restricted, I can see your point about a nanny state.

I do not see how encouraging people to eat properly and be healthier is a bad thing. If you know anything about health and nutrition, you know just how bad sweet, carbonated drinks are for you, especially for children. You can order as many of the smaller bottles that you want. If this is restricted, I can see your point about a nanny state.

I don't believe in laws designed to "encourage" people to be healthy. That's the job of my doctor, not Hizzoner.

I don't like anti-smoking laws either.

I don't believe in laws designed to "encourage" people to be healthy. That's the job of my doctor, not Hizzoner.

I don't like anti-smoking laws either.

I believe that if you own a bar or restaurant you should be allowed to let people smoke. Anyone who does not like it does not have to be a customer or employee. It is hilarious when I see people smoking outside of bars in NYC. Back is the 70s we used to stand outside of bars in NYC and smoke, but we were not smoking tobacco.

NY is an oddball state. The only one in the union whose constitution does NOT state that all power is vested in, and consequently derived from, the people.

Silly law.

I cannot believe that it's Constitutional, either.

Bloomberg does not understand the concept of sharing. Next, a limit to the size of pizzas themselves. No one should be eating a pizza bigger than 6 inches.

One big bottle, many small glasses. He doesn't come close to understanding the concept.

Just order two of the smaller bottles if you want. There is nothing wrong with encouraging people away from obesity.

There is a difference between encouraging and controlling.

Good for him. Doing the people's will.

LMAO The peoples will??

Holy shit. Do you actually think the people want some asshole telling them how much soda they can have??

If so. Your one dumb fuck my friend.

Can't say I feel much sympathy for New Yorkers though. They keep electing idiots like Bloomberg.

Guess they get what they deserve.

I wonder what he will ban next? Ya gotta know he's just out to protect his citizens. He does know whats best for em. Like they don't know whats best for themselves and need some idiot telling them how much soda they can drink.

Once again. LMAO.

So you honestly believe that it's the govs job to decide what you should eat or drink?
I for one believe there are other more important problems to worry about.
If I lived there I would cross state lines and buy a shitload of two liter bottles of coke and sell them out in front of the police station.
I'll never understand the liberal mind.

So you honestly believe that it's the govs job to decide what you should eat or drink?
I for one believe there are other more important problems to worry about.
If I lived there I would cross state lines and buy a shitload of two liter bottles of coke and sell them out in front of the police station.
I'll never understand the liberal mind.

What else would you expect from a moron like Bloomberg?

He wanted baby formula treated like a controlled drug in NY hospitals and made mothers jump through hoops to get it.

How is he encouraging people to eat better? It's a law not a choice, he is restricting not encouraging.

How much more does it cost to order smaller bottles, instead of a large one? Looks like he is wanting to separate the hard worker from his money, for what reason? None.

Laws like these point out how the education system is a failure, they can't educate people to eat or drink better, so they just ban it.

For my kids while growing up, we didn't buy soda, why, because it wasn't healthy and taught them it wasn't healthy. Imagine, we didn't need a law!

Forum List

Back