NAACP issues travel warning about Florida

My goodness this is like a dream come true for us that live in Florida. The NAACP is telling the Negroes not to come to Florida.

This is great!

NAACP Issues Travel Advisory in Florida

Today, the NAACP Board of Directors issued a formal travel advisory for the state of Florida. The travel advisory comes in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis' aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools.

The formal travel notice states, "Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals. Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color."

"Let me be clear - failing to teach an accurate representation of the horrors and inequalities that Black Americans have faced and continue to face is a disservice to students and a dereliction of duty to all," said NAACP President & CEO Derrick Johnson. "Under the leadership of Governor Desantis, the state of Florida has become hostile to Black Americans and in direct conflict with the democratic ideals that our union was founded upon. He should know that democracy will prevail because its defenders are prepared to stand up and fight. We're not backing down, and we encourage our allies to join us in the battle for the soul of our nation."

The travel advisory was initially proposed to the Board of Directors by NAACP's Florida State Conference. NAACP's collective consideration of this advisory is a result from unrelenting attacks on fundamental freedoms from the Governor and his legislative body.

"Once again, hate-inspired state leaders have chosen to put politics over people. Governor Ron DeSantis and the state of Florida have engaged in a blatant war against principles of diversity and inclusion and rejected our shared identities to appeal to a dangerous, extremist minority," said Chair of the NAACP Board of Directors, Leon Russell. "We will not not allow our rights and history to be held hostage for political grandstanding. The NAACP proudly fights against the malicious attacks in Florida, against Black Americans. I encourage my fellow Floridians to join in this fight to protect ourselves and our democracy."

Following Gov. DeSantis' so-called leadership in driving the state to reject students' access to AP African American studies course in March, the NAACP distributed 10,000 books to 25 predominantly Black communities across the state in collaboration with the American Federation of Teachers's Reading Opens the World program. The majority of the books donated were titles banned under the state's increasingly restrictive laws. The NAACP continues to encourage local branches and youth councils to start community libraries to ensure access to representative literature.

That should be honest and say don't ever visit black hoods.

If I was living in FL I'd see that as a very good thing.......Hey NAACP, do Virginia next. ;)

All political bullshit.
You dont issue travel warnings unless a place is dangerous which Florida is clearly not.

Cool, now do queers.

I'm sure the residents of areas that are trashed during black 'Spring Break' are not going to lose much sleep over this.

It's great to see political leaders tell minorities we're sick of their crap.

Any chance to send NAACP leadership back in time to have them issue one for Illinois? Chicago used to be a great city until they turned it into a $hithole.

Congratulations Florida and Congrats to its awesome Governor DeSantis. The people that won't be randomly attacked and the stores that won't be looted appreciate you.

Breaking: Chicago perfectly safe on Saturday night, wear your best jewelry.

Nothing more than the liberal media/liberal organizations lining up to besmirch DeSantis in case he wants to run.
he just happens to be one of the most successful governors in America today. It's not even close.
But... that won't stand in their way. They couldn't care less how good he is or would be for the country.
Their corporate masters want nothing to do with DeSantis.

I had the exact same thought you did when I saw the title of your thread. Woo hoo! Keep the NAACP and other racist groups out! I'm a Florida resident too, we don't want hate here

Cool. They stay in their neck of the woods and everyone else stays in there. The cure for racial tensions in a nutshell.

Less savage blacks.....

HOLD ON!
Unkotare Golfing Gator dblack pknopp and the globalists tell us we are sopposed to pretend that dark people (negroes, illegals and the like) improve and enhance a community, city, state or nation…WTF? Who’s lying?

So, Tourism is a major industry in Florida supporting millions

As a result of DeSantis policies

Blacks are boycotting the state
LGBTQ community is boycotting
Conservatives are refusing to visit Disney
Disney cancelled a $1 billion investment

If these are his decisions, is THIS the man we want as President?
You do know that Disney plans on invest 17 billion dollars in Florida over the next 10 years. How exactly has the state of Florida become hostile to Black people or gay people. They still have the exact same rights as everyone else does in the state.

My parents had a second home in Daytona. People don't have much going in the way of courtesy or manners anymore.
I went to Bike week Daytona every year in the 90s ( Mechanic for a Japanese Motorbike Racer ) and loved to drive on the beach & party with the Spring Breakers , one year some teammates and I went to Key West and were trapped on way back and became Andrew Survivors ( That was scary )

You do know that Disney plans on invest 17 billion dollars in Florida over the next 10 years. How exactly has the state of Florida become hostile to Black people or gay people. They still have the exact same rights as everyone else does in the state.
Glad you ask..

Florida has banned teachers from teaching about race and civil rights, banned teachers from discussing homosexuality, banned books on both subjects, banned AP courses on African American Studies

I went to Bike week Daytona every year in the 90s ( Mechanic for a Japanese Motorbike Racer ) and loved to drive on the beach & party with the Spring Breakers , one year some teammates and I went to Key West and were trapped on way back and became Andrew Survivors ( That was scary )

Myrtle Beach has a Harley week followed by a week for rice rockets.

HOLD ON!
Unkotare Golfing Gator dblack pknopp and the globalists tell us we are sopposed to pretend that dark people (negroes, illegals and the like) improve and enhance a community, city, state or nation…WTF? Who’s lying?
I've lived in several major cities and I can assure you that Unkotare, Golfing Gator, dblack, and pknopp are horribly incorrect if they think “diversity” is a strength. Diversity, in many cases, is a death sentence.

HOLD ON!

You'd think they realize there are none and never have been any 1st world countries that were all black. Blacks have also added the least to mankind's innovations like science, engineering, medicine, architecture, aerospace, psychology, electrical, biology and so on and the few that did were part of a non black country

And if all the illegals add so much value then why are they fleeing shithole countries to come here? If they can't make their own country better then how do they improve ours? Picking fruit and laying roof shingles doesn't mean you have value to a nation.

And why don't we see Americans fleeing to other countries that are poorer? The opposite never happens.

A dozen young (mostly) black kids get killed in Chicago every week and the NAACP warns people about Florida? WTF?
This is so transparent. Are leftists so indoctrinated that they don’t recognize this is an election strategy: play up the racism card when all DeSantis is doing is trying to PREVENT the current racism that favors blacks.

This is so transparent. Are leftists so indoctrinated that they don’t recognize this is an election strategy: play up the racism card when all DeSantis is doing is trying to PREVENT the current racism that favors blacks.
Then why have the fear of knowledge?

Forum List

Back