Name a successful non-white majority city in the USA

Cookie

Jul 4, 2013
Mississippi
I can ask this question here because people would freak if I asked it anywhere else.

Can you name a successful non-white majority city in the USA? I would like to find examples of successful non-white leadership but so far have not been able to find any. Can you help?

I would define successful as financially stable and relatively low crime. A non-white majority would be a city (of any size) run by a majority of non-white government officials and has a majority of non-white residents.

There are only 2 cities in the U.S. that are majority African-American with more than 100,000 people. Both in Alabama, Birmingham and Montgomery.

There are 6 cities with majority Hispanic Populations of over 100,000. San Antonio, Laredo, and Miami are pretty successful. The rest I've never heard of.

What's your point?

9 of the most dangerous 10 cities are majority white.

America's 10 Deadliest Cities 2012

Any correlation? Absolutely not. Just like in the OP. :cool:

Any correlation??? Are you aware that blacks are 10 times as likely to commit crimes as whites? Just more politically correct BS from someone who wouldn't dare go into the inner city.

P.S. Ever hear of Washington, DC? Or do you think that is outside the US?

Last edited:
There are only 2 cities in the U.S. that are majority African-American with more than 100,000 people. Both in Alabama, Birmingham and Montgomery.

That is not correct.

In the 2010 Census, Atlanta was recorded as the nation’s fourth largest majority black city, and the city has long been known as a center of African American political power, education, and culture, often called a black mecca.[97][98][99] However, African American Atlantans have rapidly suburbanized in recent decades, and from 2000 to 2010, the city's black population decreased by 31,678 people, shrinking from 61.4% of the city’s population in 2000 to 54.0% in 2010

Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can ask this question here because people would freak if I asked it anywhere else.

Can you name a successful non-white majority city in the USA? I would like to find examples of successful non-white leadership but so far have not been able to find any. Can you help?

I would define successful as financially stable and relatively low crime. A non-white majority would be a city (of any size) run by a majority of non-white government officials and has a majority of non-white residents.

Atlanta has been doing pretty well.

Thanks ... that helps.

Since moving to the south, I'm particularly disturbed by the division I've seen between whites and blacks. I've lived several places around the country and either live in such diverse communities, you can't even consider race because there is just too much variety (the SF Bay Area primarily) or there is a lot of anti-Hispanic bias or there are just mostly Asians and Caucasians. This is the first time black-white differences have been so undeniably prevalent. For instance, when looking for a house to buy, there were sellers who purposely won't list their house with a real estate agent - for sale by owner is very common here. If they list the house on the open market then they have to accept an offer from a qualified buyer who is willing to pay their asking price. Since the sellers are white racists / bigots (not sure which or both), they don't want to sell their house to a black person. Ugh! We have even had people assume we were white and would tell us straight up this was the reason. I also see some of my daughter's elementary school aged friends and the issues they go through because they are black. I've been moved to tell them that when they grow up, they should do themselves a favor and go live in another part of the country for a little while because it isn't as bad in other places as it is here in the South.

Anyway, we were talking about things we could do to help change things around here. My desire is to hold up examples of successful blacks and successful black community - places and people that have overcome poor education, high crime, drug use, promiscuity, and lack of financial opportunities. What have they been doing right to get where they are? Go to the experts for advice, right?

Keep in mind, I'm not a Liberal. I'm a Conservative Libertarian. This is issue concerns me because I believe we can't have a huge segment of our country disengaged from making a contribution to our nation's growth and success. Blacks need to get into the boat and start rowing - along with the rest of us.

MS just opened the way for charter schools to be created (an issue very close to my heart). I would love it if the first successful charter schools were fully integrated - where race was completely erased when it came to grades and graduation rates. It would be so satisfying to point to the statistics from certain charter schools to say, "See, there is NO difference in race when it comes to teaching children."

Mississippi has never been interested in fully integrated schools.

That is why private and other parochial schools abound.

I wish your hopes come true.

Black majority: Flint 57%, New Orleans 64%, Baltimore 64%, Birmingham 73%, Newark 52%,
Baton Rouge 55%, Cleveland 53%, Memphis 63%
White majority: St Louis 77%
White plurality: Chicage 44%, Oakland 34%

censusviewer.com

Black majority: Flint 57%, New Orleans 64%, Baltimore 64%, Birmingham 73%, Newark 52%,
Baton Rouge 55%, Cleveland 53%, Memphis 63%
White majority: St Louis 77%
White plurality: Chicage 44%, Oakland 34%

censusviewer.com

Eh I was going off of Wiki. Oh well. Still stand by my last post.

TOS, I agree with the sentiment of your last post.

There are 6 cities with majority Hispanic Populations of over 100,000. San Antonio, Laredo, and Miami are pretty successful. The rest I've never heard of.

What's your point?

Detroit? According to Wiki,

"As of the 2010 Census, the racial composition of the city was:
82.7% Black or African American;"

Good example. :)

Good example. :)

metro Atlanta is generally said to include 10 counties. Does that matter?

City of Atlanta--pop 430,000 or so. and metro Atlanta --? 5,000,000. Diversity exists in and around the city core, not so much in outlying suburbs.

Last edited:
Every last one of the top 20 deadiest cities in this country all have a large population of blacks. Blacks are 5 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO KILL per capita. This means in raw numbers based on DOJ/FBI numbers they have about the same number per year. (12% of the population). Blacks kill thousands of their own children every year. Not like you care as you're willing to lie through your teeth to make them somehow ignore reality.

Detroit,
Gary
New York
Atlanta
etc

You're a blind fool Oldschool.

Last edited:
So do we all agree that we should just ship the ******* out? Hmm? Yes or no? After you guys answer that then we can move on with this discussion.

Somehow we got to get the black community to want to become party of the general society. As of right now they're a sub-population within our society that seems to want to work by their own "culture" that is totally opposite of the rest of society.

One that doesn't value father hood
One that promotes gang life
One that promotes jungle justice instead of innocent until proven guility(trayvon, La riots, etc)

One that doesn't want to work hard but blames whites for everything. I'm NOT SAYING this to all blacks either but a large PERCENTAGE.

What would you suggest?

Forum List

Back