Name one federal or state law that you'd do away with.

Only like three posts after I told you this discussion is pointless because you're an authoritarian and I'm a libertarian you declare yourself out. Pretty quick reflexes there, Sparky.

I don't do drugs, including pot, because I think it's stupid. But I sure don't not do them because you don't approve
May those who DO decide to do their drugs (without any worries about you) be the ones driving the school bus when your kids are ready for school.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Again with the fallacy that drug laws = no drugs. What you said does not deviate from today in any way. Drugs are available anywhere.

How do you not grasp that?
So is the ability to punish druggies exists today. But you don't like druggies being punished for pushing your kids to try them... do you? You think your kids should not only do all the drugs they want. . . They should be free to try to get my kids to try them as well.

Right?

So drunk driving is legal? I have to call bull shit to that. Try it and see if you can be punished for it or not
So you agree that there are limits to how much we can do with and to our bodies, now?

How authoritarian of you.

I always agreed to that, that was my argument. Go back to the beginning of the discussion where I said you can do what you want AS LONG AS YOU DON'T INFRINGE ON MY RIGHTS.

If you smoke a joint in your home, you are not infringing on my rights. If you go out and drive while you're stoned, you are. Seriously, you thought that was a good argument?

May those who DO decide to do their drugs (without any worries about you) be the ones driving the school bus when your kids are ready for school.

Again with the fallacy that drug laws = no drugs. What you said does not deviate from today in any way. Drugs are available anywhere.

So is the ability to punish druggies exists today. But you don't like druggies being punished for pushing your kids to try them... do you? You think your kids should not only do all the drugs they want. . . They should be free to try to get my kids to try them as well.

Right?

So drunk driving is legal? I have to call bull shit to that. Try it and see if you can be punished for it or not
So you agree that there are limits to how much we can do with and to our bodies, now?

I always agreed to that, that was my argument. Go back to the beginning of the discussion where I said you can do what you want AS LONG AS YOU DON'T INFRINGE ON MY RIGHTS.

If you smoke a joint in your home, you are not infringing on my rights. If you go out and drive while you're stoned, you are. Seriously, you thought that was a good argument?
What about getting drunk in a bar while carrying a gun?

Right?

What if you decide to get totally wasted in your home?

Right?

You're going to have to walk me through your logic on this one.

I said drinking is OK

I said drinking and driving is not OK

How would adding a gun to that change that it's not OK?

Right?

On the OK, not OK scale, it's OK. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Are you saying you can't say if someone can drink, just how much they drink?

Right?

On the OK, not OK scale, it's OK. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Are you saying you can't say if someone can drink, just how much they drink?
Just trying to see where you draw the line.

So, should a person be legally allowed to get totally wasted in their own home? Or not?

Right?

I said drinking is OK

Aren't republicans all for allowing gun carriers to enter bars ??

So, should a person be legally allowed to get totally wasted in their own home? Or not?

I draw the line where I said I do. You can do what you want as long as you don't affect my ability to do the same.

And I directly answered the question in the post you responded to

I said drinking is OK

I'm not interested in arguing for the Republicans, you have to ask one of them what they think

I said drinking is OK

What about getting drunk at home in a house with several guns too?

I draw the line where I said I do. You can do what you want as long as you don't affect my ability to do the same.

Still don't have a answer from you. If you don't know, just say you don't know.

I said drinking is OK

What about getting drunk at home in a house with several guns too.

That's fine. If you're trying to ask who is responsible for what you do if you drink and do something, you are. If you end up shooting something, it's like a handball in soccer. You decided to drink, you are responsible for what you do when you drink as if you were sober when you did it because you set up the situation when you were sober.

And I bet millions of people do that a day with nothing happening

On the OK, not OK scale, it's OK. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Are you saying you can't say if someone can drink, just how much they drink?[/COLOR]

Still don't have a answer from you. If you don't know, just say you don't know.

What is wrong with you? I directly answered it in the post you quoted. Then I told you that when you somehow missed it. Why didn't you go back and read the post to see the answer you missed?

I'll help you. It's huge and blue now. Happy?

I said drinking is OK

I'm not interested in arguing for the Republicans, you have to ask one of them what they think
Don't mean to be wasting your time but talking to them is wasting mine

I said drinking is OK

That's fine. If you're trying to ask who is responsible for what you do if you drink and do something, you are. If you end up shooting something, it's like a handball in soccer. You decided to drink, you are responsible for what you do when you drink as if you were sober when you did it because you set up the situation when you were sober.

So, in your view a person is free and should be allowed drink themselves (or drug themselves) into oblivion... to the point where they are so Impared they don't even know or care when they have had too much...

Placing everyone around themselves in danger. . . Including first responders... but unless and until someone gets hurt or reports the violation... it's all good.

Is that a fair summary?

I said drinking is OK

OK. If you want to know about my view or libertarians I'll discuss. But you asked me what Republicans think

I'd sure like to be able to drink and drive. But we could keep real tough restrictions, like it can't be one of those foo-foo drinks that have a little umbrella, because that can get in the way of your vision.

It would stimulate the economy, too. Think of all the drive-through bars that would spring up all over the place. Just stop by on the way home from work for a cold one without having to stumble back to your car and drop your keys. That's badass right there.

:rock:

Anyway, that's my idea.
How about instead of making the blood alcohol level 0.08 we put it back to something reasonable like .2 and penalize people if THEY CAUSE ACCIDENTS WHILE INEBRIATED?

We pass these feel-good laws against harmless behavior (like driving drunk) that we think are factors in harmful behavior (like running a stop sign and T-boning someone). Add a mandatory two years on jail if one causes an auto accident while inebriated over 0.1 BAL and people will be more reasonable and responsible.

Right now, what we really have is a municipal revenue stream, not a set of laws that is achieving anything helpful to society.

I said drinking is OK

OK. If you want to know about my view or libertarians I'll discuss. But you asked me what Republicans think
Ill catch you the next time getting ready for dinner and licking my wounds with this trump market lol

I said drinking is OK

So, in your view a person is free and allowed drink themselves (or Greg themselves) into oblivion... to the point where they are so I'm pared they don't even know or care when they have had too much...

Placing everyone around themselves in danger. . . Including first responders... but unless and until someone gets hurt or reports the violation... it's all good.

Is that a fair summary?

What "violation?" Alcohol is legal. As for "it's all good," this is why I said we will never agree. You are an authoritarian and I'm a libertarian. For you, when you allow someone to do something, that means you are condoning it because you would only allow people to do what you condone. To me, someone getting drunk in their home isn't my business. I neither condone nor condemn it. See how that works?

As for putting everyone in danger, where are you getting that? I said "If you're trying to ask who is responsible for what you do if you drink and do something, you are. If you end up shooting something, it's like a handball in soccer. You decided to drink, you are responsible for what you do when you drink as if you were sober when you did it because you set up the situation when you were sober."

And you lost me completely on "first responders." What are you talking about?

Forum List

Back