name that tree

th

and

th

Both are trees from North America.

The top thrives in hot dry climates but grows best where water is near the surface.

The second one is also from the southwest and was a sign travelers looked for to find water. Its name comes for the form and color of its flowers.

I'd guess Cottonwood for the top image. Some kind of willow for the bottom image, for the tree on the right side.

Bever mind, just saw clues. I can't think of anything that fits.

Last edited:
bingo....i want one so badly.....normally you plant them in groups....i cant afford 100 buck tree

I am like that except I see them on TV and then see them at the garden center and say "screw paying that much for that thing--it looks like somebody tried training a willow to con me." I have never seen a good looking one in real life.

Took me forever to pony up the money for a red maple and only after I failed to grow them from seed or sapling after 5 or 6 attempts. Now I want a Japanese one, but I will wait until I decide if I am going to move in the next 6 months first.

Sycamore.

Sorry. Not even close.

There are two different ones.

Okay, hero: another coupla hints, if you please?

The top one: is that in SE Asia? Or is it also grown elsewhere?

The bottom one: found in the Southern US, yes?

I am guessing the top one is some sort of japonica tree but I am not even sure what tree you are asking about in the bottom one since all I see are reeds, a muddy path and a bunch of woods.

Forum List

Back