Nancy Pelosi Pours Cold Water On Gas Tax Holiday, Calls It A “Con”

It’s a lousy 18 cents a gallon.

Its 18 cents a gallon that will go to the oil companies, not the consumer. The current supply and demand for gasoline has determined the price and reducing the gas tax won't change either of those numbers. And considering how many millions of gallons they sell, it is by no means "lousy".

It’s a lousy 18 cents a gallon.
Both Pelosi and the commentator are right, there is no guarantee that the oil companies will pass the savings to consumers. But the commentator was wrong, and made a glaring error. He said demand was not keeping up with supply, he meant to say that supply is not keeping up with demand. But if the oil companies kept all, or part of the savings, and that improved their profits, would that not incentivize them to drill baby drill? I mean it is basic supply and demand, profits increase, supply increases, prices eventually decline, and then we can return the gas tax.

I do like how now we have an open admission from Republicans, that tax savings are not automatically passed to consumers. To bad they didn't admit that prior to the Trump corporate tax cut. It is that talking out of both sides of their mouths thing again.

Its 18 cents a gallon that will go to the oil companies, not the consumer. The current supply and demand for gasoline has determined the price and reducing the gas tax won't change either of those numbers. And considering how many millions of gallons they sell, it is by no means "lousy".
Wait, you mean when corporations get a tax cut they don't automatically pass that savings on to consumers? I mean do tell. You reckon that also means that if a corporation gets a tax hike they don't automatically pass that on to consumers? I mean I believe I am hearing that prices are determined, not by taxes or the lack thereof, not by cost, but by supply and demand. Is that really what I am hearing?

Funny how the OP was for gas tax holidays before he was against them.

Virginia Dems Block Youngkin’s Gas Tax Holiday
Virginia has a surplus and could easily afford it....The feds can't pay for it but by borrowing more and printing money thus increasing inflationary pressure and devaluing the dollar.

Nice try Skippy, care to play again?

BTW.....We still got us a $4 billion tax break signed into law yesterday. ;)

Nancy agrees Brandon is a liar and a con man. So Pelosi has discovered fiscal prudence and is now worried about paying for a gov't benefit? Thanks, Nancy... I always enjoy a good laugh.

I think Nancy knows she is about to lose her speakership come November when the democrats lose the House majority, and Biden is not helping. Interested to see if she serves out her last 2 years or resigns.

Forum List

Back