Nancy Pelosi says the President does not have the power to forgive debt.

Congress can't give the authority to appropriate funds. It would take changing the Constitution because it requires all spending originate in the House, Simp.
Yeah, the discretionary fund doesn't exist right? Or a general fund, or a fund availability from unused funds that can be allocated and reallocated as needs arise.

The Congress already gave the Dept of Ed power to cancel some debt. Says so in the higher ed act, so it is the part that says congress makes the law and the POTUS executes them.
You didn't answer the question. Answer is nowhere.

The authority was given by Congress last year.
No if wasn't.

Now there have been various programs to forgive portions of a student loan through public service or military service. That's not what Biden is proposing

No I did not misunderstand. I read the memo. They rely on the Heroes Act and published their memo on the Department of Ed website because it corrects the one written hastily by Betty Devos as she ran out the door, almost literally, that concluded that the act only applied in disasters.
We are not at war. There is no national emergency.

Betty DeVos never had the authority to pass a law

What is her motivation for this? She does not GAF about authority…does she want Congressisonal credit or something?

Step away from your silly binary political views. I am not a Rump guy and you aren't bright enough to understand that it's a all a game.
I know you're not a Trump guy You're another one of those who has a broken brain because of Trump. You're a little childish too.

You should not be questioning the intelligence of anyone.

Forum List

Back