Nancy Pelosi's favorite Bible verse

Conservatives are fake religious. Jesus would spit in your faces if he was here .
All of the politicians and businessmen are. The entire establishment is. Don't think your side is any different.

Everyone knows my side is godless . It’s your side pretending to be religious.
Your side isn't godless.

It worships science, Mammon, and the light-bringer.

You can deny it all you want, but your posts reveal your god.

This lady is steadily going off the rails making things up. Get ready for her collapse. Because Trump is still moving strong.

Conservatives are fake religious. Jesus would spit in your faces if he was here .
All of the politicians and businessmen are. The entire establishment is. Don't think your side is any different.

Everyone knows my side is godless . It’s your side pretending to be religious.

At least my side has something to believe in. Your side has nothing to believe in, so you'll believe anything.

Pelosi tries to quote fake Scripture to justify her actions, but would be first in line to throw stones at Mike Pence should he use actual Scripture to justify restrictions on abortion.

You do know that His spit mixed with a little dirt, gave sight back to a blind man, right?
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. The power structure murdered him for teaching love. So would you. Look at the guy for Christ sake. What would he tell you about the homeless?
There is a verse in the bible to answer that. It basically says. You don't work, you don't eat.

Be wary of the orange clown

You can bet that she has this verse memorized..

Molech2.jpg
Given the orange hue, it looks like more a shrine to Trump.

They say "The devil can quote scripture for his own purpose." Pelosi just proved it.

"The speaker of the House quoted a favorite bit of biblical wisdom in her opening statement: "To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us."

"I can't find it in the Bible, but I quote it all the time," Pelosi said as she introduced the quote. "I keep reading and reading the Bible. I know it's there someplace.

"The Pelosi passage is not in the Bible," Will Kynes, an associate professor of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament at Whitworth University..."

Nancy Pelosi Keeps Quoting Her Favorite Bible Verse. The Mystery: It’s Not Actually in the Bible.
Jesus Craft

I wouldn't expect her to know much since catholic priests don't want their flock to read the true word.

They say "The devil can quote scripture for his own purpose." Pelosi just proved it.

"The speaker of the House quoted a favorite bit of biblical wisdom in her opening statement: "To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us."

"I can't find it in the Bible, but I quote it all the time," Pelosi said as she introduced the quote. "I keep reading and reading the Bible. I know it's there someplace.

"The Pelosi passage is not in the Bible," Will Kynes, an associate professor of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament at Whitworth University..."

Nancy Pelosi Keeps Quoting Her Favorite Bible Verse. The Mystery: It’s Not Actually in the Bible.
I doubt she’s ever cracked a Bible open.

From Slate

Update, Feb. 5, 2019: A reader has pointed us to the Good News Translation of Proverbs 14:31, the verse mentioned by both Bible scholars in this article. The Good News Translation, a “common language” Bible first published in the 1970s, translates the verse this way: “If you oppress poor people, you insult the God who made them; but kindness shown to the poor is an act of worship.” Pelosi reverses the phrases and expands the subject from the poor specifically to all of “God’s creation.” But otherwise it is a fairly faithful translation. Mystery solved?

So...STFU

From Slate

Update, Feb. 5, 2019: A reader has pointed us to the Good News Translation of Proverbs 14:31, the verse mentioned by both Bible scholars in this article. The Good News Translation, a “common language” Bible first published in the 1970s, translates the verse this way: “If you oppress poor people, you insult the God who made them; but kindness shown to the poor is an act of worship.” Pelosi reverses the phrases and expands the subject from the poor specifically to all of “God’s creation.” But otherwise it is a fairly faithful translation. Mystery solved?

So...STFU

What is a common language bible? Published in the 70's, lol....from the original scrolls and hebrew?

Beware of pols and religious leaders (charlatans) quoting scripture to support their views of what govt or churches should do.

But
Proverbs 14:31 New International Version (NIV)

31 Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker,A)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-16804A">
but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.B)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-16804B">

Cross references:
  1. Proverbs 14:31 : Pr 17:5
  2. Proverbs 14:31 : S Dt 24:14; S Job 20:19; S Mt 10:42
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Proverbs 14:31 in all English translations

it's not a bad way to try to live one's life.

Beware of pols and religious leaders (charlatans) quoting scripture to support their views of what govt or churches should do.

But
Proverbs 14:31 New International Version (NIV)

31 Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker,A)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-16804A">
but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.B)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-16804B">

Cross references:
  1. Proverbs 14:31 : Pr 17:5
  2. Proverbs 14:31 : S Dt 24:14; S Job 20:19; S Mt 10:42
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version[emoji2400], NIV[emoji2400] Copyright [emoji2398]1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.[emoji2400] Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Proverbs 14:31 in all English translations

it's not a bad way to try to live one's life.

I do find it interesting that those who would squeal the loudest about "Separation of Church and state!" Should a Republican cite Scripture to justify a political action have no compunction about doing it themselves.

Pelosi says something stupid and you deflect. Your blind partisan stupidity is noted and laughed at. Thanks for the humor.

Forum List

Back