🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

What law has been broken? Show me where it is the duty of our government to intervene in happy meals or a coke machine at a school. If a person wants to give their kids a happy meal...good for them, it's not YOUR business and it's not the GOVERNMENTS business either. Libs like you DO just want to roll over and let our government become a nanny state.
While you're at it, who gets to dictate what is obese for a 5 year old with a large frame, and a 5 year old with a small frame? I know the government has a one size fits all. :lol:

Hmmm, so self responsibility will eventually address America's child obesity because it's none of government's business.

Sorry. That's not an explaination.

And why does it have to boil down to whether a law is being broken? Are you saying America doesn't have an obesity problem because no laws have been broken and therefore we shouldn't do anything about it?

I'm saying it's not the FUCKING governments business. What part of that can't you rap your mind around, SF!

So far, self responsible Americans are getting fatter. What part of THAT can't YOU wrap your mind around Meister!

Just saying over and over that it's not the government's business is not a solution! So what's the solution?

Last edited:
Ah, but give them time. How long before we see their Fat Police Gestapo? And don't laugh, Great Britain now has one. The State has the authority to storm Citizens' homes and remove children for being deemed 'Obese.' It could definitely happen here. Nothing surpises me when it comes to the Nanny/Police Staters.

You also haven't done a very good job coming up with suggestions proposed by Republicans to address child obesity.

The government has no business addressing child obesity or anyone else's obesity.

When society's obesity is costing tax payers money, than yes it fucking does have business addressing everyone's obesity!

CC,

Americans are fat, NOT because of what they eat or drink, NOT because of their calorie intake, but because of their lack of exercise.

Did you know that the average Pilgrim or person in Early Colonial Times ate 4500 Calories a day! I just learned that yesterday on a History Channel documentary. We humans of today would be the size of Alaska if we ate 4500 calories a day!

And yes, they are not banning these drinks, but Bloomberg is getting in to the nitty gritty of every day citizen's lives by telling them that they can not order a sugary drink larger than 16 oz....at a time. A person in a restaurant could drink his 16 oz drink and order a refill of the sweetened ice tea and be permitted to do such....yet, this guy only wanted a few more ounces of a drink to finish his meal....if he were allowed to order the 20 oz drink from the beginning then that would have sufficed, instead you have the guy with the potential of drinking 32 ounces now, by him having to order a refill.

It's just plain stupid CC, the whole thing is stupid and it is a waste of money on their tax payers cuz the paper it is written on is worthless, and enforcement is ridiculous....

There are so many other things so much more important for Bloomberg to do than to start down this slippery slope.....truly, there is....

Care

There are always things more important. Empty Calories from sodas is part of the reason why Americans are fat. I mean shit, are we seriously denying that Soda is a part of why Americans are fat asses? Seriously?

Sure if we had to catch our own food, build our own shelter and ride horses we could take in 4500 calories with no problem. They didnt excersize to stay healthy their existence depended on them getting out there.

Maybe someone wont get a refill. The only thing I'm hearing is "this is stupid because I can get more than one drink". Sure you can but either you're going to want a hand free to eat with or you will juggle 2 drinks and a sandwich...Or sit down during your lunch break and get unlimited refills. But juggling and sitting down to eat doesnt happen much in America and if they want to they can get their fat asses up and walk to the refill machine.

I don't think it stupid because someone can't get more than a certain amount of soda at a ttime. It's stupid because in lieu of buying and eating an appetizer, an entre, and a desert with unteen number of calories, the mayor want to restrict their drink size? The money spent would be better spent on a campaign to get people to exersise more.

The difference is that Sodas are empty calories with no nutritional value. Oh yeah, the money should be spent on excersize programs huh? You mean like the Lets Move campaign that Repubs scream is a govt over reach.

Like that?

You also haven't done a very good job coming up with suggestions proposed by Republicans to address child obesity.

The government has no business addressing child obesity or anyone else's obesity.

When society's obesity is costing tax payers money, than yes it fucking does have business addressing everyone's obesity!

Well, if that's the problem, you're barking up the wrong tree. You should be campaigning to end the policies that transfer these costs to taxpayers.

Well, if that's the problem, you're barking up the wrong tree. You should be campaigning to end the policies that transfer these costs to taxpayers.

Would you be referring to Obamacare?

Because requiring everyone to carry health insurance would aleviate, although not eliminate, some of the taxpayer costs.

Would you be referring to Obamacare?

I'm referring to any and all policies that are transferring the costs you're griping about.

Hmmm, so self responsibility will eventually address America's child obesity because it's none of government's business.

Sorry. That's not an explaination.

And why does it have to boil down to whether a law is being broken? Are you saying America doesn't have an obesity problem because no laws have been broken and therefore we shouldn't do anything about it?

I'm saying it's not the FUCKING governments business. What part of that can't you rap your mind around, SF!

So far, self responsible Americans are getting fatter. What part of THAT can't YOU wrap your mind around Meister!

Just saying over and over that it's not the government's business is not a solution! So what's the solution?

Go on a diet if you want to. But it sure isn't the governments business to force a diet on you. sheesh

Go on a diet if you want to. But it sure isn't the governments business to force a diet on you. sheesh

We all have that option to go on a diet right now as we speak.

So why isn't all of America doing it? Why is America getting fatter?

Who cares? Get fatter, or don't. That's your call. It's none of Big Brother's business.

Who cares? Get fatter, or don't. That's your call. It's none of Big Brother's business.

When fat Americans drive up my health insurance premiums and drive up taxpayer costs, it's everyone's business and since you don't give a shit about it, I'll look towards government to stop it.

Last edited:
One day our police, firefighters and military will be full of fat fucks. And when you're stuck on the roof of a burning building and you see Chris Christie attempting to climb a ladder to save you you'll think

"Man, its getting hot up here." followed by "Hurry UP FAT ASS!"

When fat Americans drive up my health insurance premiums and drive up taxpayer costs, it's everyone's business.

Yeah well, that's just more Big Brother Nazi talk. You need Big Brother controlling your life, but you can count me out on that. To Hell with him.

It's called free will and your liberty not to.
SF, you can dance all around this all you want. You believe in big government telling you how you should live your life, most people don't believe in that.
Think about it like this: They tell you to curtail drinks and happy meals for now
Down the road they take a few more things off your table.
Down the road they take a few more things off your table.
Red meat is bad for you...well, let the government tell you that you can't eat it anymore. I know that would be good with you because the government told you not to, but it's not with me.

Have a good day.

One day our police, firefighters and military will be full of fat fucks. And when you're stuck on the roof of a burning building and you see Chris Christie attempting to climb a ladder to save you you'll think

Oh, so that's why you're in favor of this Nanny/Police State? Man, that's pretty weak. Get some new material and then get back to us. Yikes!

When fat Americans drive up my health insurance premiums and drive up taxpayer costs, it's everyone's business and since you don't give a shit about it, I'll look towards government to stop it.

I've been waiting for the government to stop drug addiction for years. Libs tell me the government has no business telling people what kind of drugs they should enjoy.

One day our firefighters will be full of small and weak women who can't lift, much less carry even so much as a firehose. One day our police will be full of the small and weak who get attacked by teenagers who are bigger than they are, and shoot the kids.

It will be a disaster. Oh that day is here now!

Again, your beef is with insurance companies and the government policies that transfer these costs to taxpayers. Why are you picking on fat people? Why not correct the problem you're actually upset about instead?

Forum List

Back