🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

Mayor Bloomberg sees himself as the Father of the city and the inhabitants of the city as disobedient children. If left to their own devices and decisions, they will, like any child make poor decisions. Therefore they should make as few decisions as possible. How much soda, or even if they should have soda at all, is not one of the decisions the public can be trusted to make. They need a benevolent Papa who only has their best interests at heart in guiding them as they become adults. Except, they never become adults.

The solution is that obese people get their insurance dropped and the government does NOT pick up the tab. Let them pay out of pocket for their health issues.

Why not kill them outright?

You know you want to. And let's face it, the left ALWAYS goes there. If you get enough power, you WILL start killing the undesirable.

I'm hearing a libertarian peak out of you.

No you're not, you're seeing a move to democide out of her.

Let a private insurance company determine the standards for who they insure, and get gov't out of it.

Fat people don't seem to take their health seriously, but they still might take their pocketbook seriously.

For that to work, it would require a free market - Shortbus isn't going to support THAT...

My suggestion for the wingnuts is buy two sodas, fight back against the man, get three burgers to prove your freedom, get fat, you have that right, and when the heart fails, or the chair breaks, or diabetes sets in, remember you were free and now please be free to keep the cost of your sickness to yourself. Call Rush, or check with Fox news on how to handle your new freedom and your freedom induced poor health. :lol: Drink up. Enjoy. Oh, and buy American made clothes as your girth increases. Thanks for your support.

Statistics - Obesity in America

My suggestion for the wingnuts is buy two sodas, fight back against the man, get three burgers to prove your freedom, get fat, you have that right, and when the heart fails, or the chair breaks, or diabetes sets in, remember you were free and now please be free to keep the cost of your sickness to yourself. Call Rush, or check with Fox news on how to handle your new freedom and your freedom induced poor health. :lol: Drink up. Enjoy. Oh, and buy American made clothes as your girth increases. Thanks for your support.

Midcan is an example of someone completely incapable of seeing the forest beyond the trees.

Yes soda is unhealthy, everyone knows this, you saying this with stupid remarks you find clever isn't impressing anyone.

I've been waiting for the government to stop drug addiction for years. Libs tell me the government has no business telling people what kind of drugs they should enjoy.

I'm going to keep telling you that too. And they have no business regulating portion size of anything sold anywhere.

Please convince some of the Obamabots on this thread to take your side.

Because if they hear common sense from people who don't vote Obama, it'll just make them run to gov't even more.

Statists are not limited to one party or the other.

I'm going to keep telling you that too. And they have no business regulating portion size of anything sold anywhere.

Because if they hear common sense from people who don't vote Obama, it'll just make them run to gov't even more.

I agree, but on this topic it seems only the democrats are delighted by having gov't regulated cup sizes (which would be fine if we're talking about breast implants).

I don't think it stupid because someone can't get more than a certain amount of soda at a ttime. It's stupid because in lieu of buying and eating an appetizer, an entre, and a desert with unteen number of calories, the mayor want to restrict their drink size? The money spent would be better spent on a campaign to get people to exersise more.

The difference is that Sodas are empty calories with no nutritional value. Oh yeah, the money should be spent on excersize programs huh? You mean like the Lets Move campaign that Repubs scream is a govt over reach.

Like that?

Excessive calories all turn into fat. Yes if the Mayor wanst to do something, an advertizing campaign to encourage people to exersise would be better than ineffective rules like the Big Gulp ban.

I didnt say excessive calories...I said empty calories with no nutritional value. That is the reason Americans are fat.

Like I said Michelle Obama has the Let's Move Campagin and they even see that as a government overreach. There is no right answer to repubs except do nothing.

My suggestion to the big government dickheads is to stay out of peoples business.

Besides if you idiots were smart you would connect the dots and realize all this "obesity" nonsense is nothing more than a ploy to allow government to dictate industries, hence your lives....

Yeah you're nothing more than a slave to the elitists - and that is exactly what they want. Total obedience from you. You do as you're told while society is controlled and regulated.

If what I said wasn't true then there wouldn't be elitist dickheads banning shit trying to play nanny over your life...... These fucking assholes believe they're better than you and they believe they know whats best for you.....

You want freedom or do you want to be like one of those zombies from 1984??

The difference is that Sodas are empty calories with no nutritional value. Oh yeah, the money should be spent on excersize programs huh? You mean like the Lets Move campaign that Repubs scream is a govt over reach.

Like that?

Excessive calories all turn into fat. Yes if the Mayor wanst to do something, an advertizing campaign to encourage people to exersise would be better than ineffective rules like the Big Gulp ban.

I didnt say excessive calories...I said empty calories with no nutritional value. That is the reason Americans are fat.

Like I said Michelle Obama has the Let's Move Campagin and they even see that as a government overreach. There is no right answer to repubs except do nothing.

As far as I know the Let's Move! campaign is a good thing. It's not gov't forcing people to do things, it's people advocating others live healthy voluntarily.

It's literally the exact opposite of what you're supporting Bloomberg doing.

As far as I know the Let's Move! campaign is a good thing. It's not gov't forcing people to do things, it's people advocating others live healthy voluntarily.

Bloomberg is forcing who to do what?

Also, whether its voluntary or not, the Repubs have a big problem with it and call it a govt over reach. There is no winning with Repubs except their ideas consist or "Do nothing and everything will be fine"

Bloomberg is forcing who to do what?

Also, whether its voluntary or not, the Repubs have a big problem with it and call it a govt over reach. There is no winning with Repubs except their ideas consist or "Do nothing and everything will be fine"

He's forcing restaurants to only sell gov't approved cups of soda.

I don't care about your broad brushing. In the conversation between you and I, I have no problem with Michelle Obama advocating kids to live healtheir lives. That's a good thing. Gov't regulating the volume of cups in a restaurant in an attempt to convince the dumbest of americans that they care about their health is pure bullshit.

Angioplasty and liposuction..........

Typical American band-aid solutions, reserved for those who can afford it, of course.

Eating right and exercising is out of the question.

Down here in the sane and conservative part of the state, we have more gyms and health clubs per city block than you have gay bath houses, up in San fran.

Hey dumbfuck, gay bathhouses closed down in San Fran in response to the AIDS crisis in the 80s.

How far would you like this to go?

Gov't regulated calories in food?

Gov't forced exercise?

What would be the difference, aren't those good ideas too?

Like Bloomberg's proposal, those suggestions are an overreach as well, although they are the first suggestions I've heard from the conservative side so far.

I'm not sure regulating adult calorie consumption is going to have any effect in America's obesity rate but one thing's for sure, I'm in full support of regulating corporations targeting children with their fattening ways as well as ignorant parents who are seemingly oblivious to it all.

It wasn't a suggestion, I was asking a if CC thought those were good ideas. I think they're awful ideas, if I want to eat/drink myself to death I should have that liberty.
You big gov't authoritarian types are hilarious. You think it's a joke that near harmless marijuana is illegal (which it is a joke) but then have nothing but blind faith in your holy all-knowing all-loving gov't in telling you what else to put in your body.

I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a large soda from a restaurant, but this is madness.

Don't misunderstand, I don't think they are good ideas either. I'm for government intervention where kids are concerned. Your two ideas are awful but so far, the only solution to America's obesity problem offered up from the conservative side is: I'll get fat if I want to, completely ignoring the cost to society.

Why? Because parents are incapable of making choices for their children? We need a nanny state for that? You are certainly in the right city. Soviet LOLberal paradise up there in San Fran.

Like Bloomberg's proposal, those suggestions are an overreach as well, although they are the first suggestions I've heard from the conservative side so far.

I'm not sure regulating adult calorie consumption is going to have any effect in America's obesity rate but one thing's for sure, I'm in full support of regulating corporations targeting children with their fattening ways as well as ignorant parents who are seemingly oblivious to it all.

It wasn't a suggestion, I was asking a if CC thought those were good ideas. I think they're awful ideas, if I want to eat/drink myself to death I should have that liberty.
You big gov't authoritarian types are hilarious. You think it's a joke that near harmless marijuana is illegal (which it is a joke) but then have nothing but blind faith in your holy all-knowing all-loving gov't in telling you what else to put in your body.

I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a large soda from a restaurant, but this is madness.

Don't misunderstand, I don't think they are good ideas either. I'm for government intervention where kids are concerned. Your two ideas are awful but so far, the only solution to America's obesity problem offered up from the conservative side is: I'll get fat if I want to, completely ignoring the cost to society.

Aye yi yi

I repeat again, those aren't my ideas.

Yes that is what I'm saying, I'll get fat if I want to, completely ignoring the cost to society. Just like you'll drive a car if you want to, ignoring the cost to society. You'll slow down traffic, may crash into someone and kill them, put pollution in the air, having you on the road makes us have to employ more gov't workers (troopers etc).

I mean how do you sleep at night? I advocate the passing of legislation that makes it so SFC isn't allowed to drive.

Why? Because parents are incapable of making choices for their children? We need a nanny state for that? You are certainly in the right city. Soviet LOLberal paradise up there in San Fran.

Makes you wonder what he advocates.

Rounding up all the fat children, taking them away from their parents and forcing them to do so many laps around the capital building to get in shape?

I agree, but on this topic it seems only the democrats are delighted by having gov't regulated cup sizes (which would be fine if we're talking about breast implants).

I don't see where you see that because so far, just about every post from the left on this thread lately has thought Bloomberg's idea isn't a good one.

Forum List

Back