🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

How far would you like this to go?

Gov't regulated calories in food?

Gov't forced exercise?

What would be the difference, aren't those good ideas too?

Like Bloomberg's proposal, those suggestions are an overreach as well, although they are the first suggestions I've heard from the conservative side so far.

I'm not sure regulating adult calorie consumption is going to have any effect in America's obesity rate but one thing's for sure, I'm in full support of regulating corporations targeting children with their fattening ways as well as ignorant parents who are seemingly oblivious to it all.

The nanny state, huh?

Isn't that what this thread is about?

Like Bloomberg's proposal, those suggestions are an overreach as well, although they are the first suggestions I've heard from the conservative side so far.

I'm not sure regulating adult calorie consumption is going to have any effect in America's obesity rate but one thing's for sure, I'm in full support of regulating corporations targeting children with their fattening ways as well as ignorant parents who are seemingly oblivious to it all.

The nanny state, huh?

Yeah, and how asnine it is to have the government get it's tennacles into our private lives like that. It will cost more $$$$$, cha-ching. I just don't understand liberals how they will belly up to our government, like the government hums along like a well oiled machine.
That IS pathetic :eusa_whistle:

The nanny state, huh?

Yeah, and how asnine it is to have the government get it's tennacles into our private lives like that. It will cost more $$$$$, cha-ching. I just don't understand liberals how they will belly up to our government, like the government hums along like a well oiled machine.

No, what's pathetic is how conservatives turn a blind eye to corporations targeting children. I don't see how removing soda vending-machines and candy sales from schools will cost society more money. And I don't see how removing toys from McDonald's Crappy Meals will cost society more money.

How far would you like this to go?

Gov't regulated calories in food?

Gov't forced exercise?

What would be the difference, aren't those good ideas too?

The nanny state, huh?

"corporations targeting children with their fattening ways?" Say Whaaat?? That might just be the funniest thing i've ever read on this Board. Nanny/Police Staters have lost it. :lol:

The nanny state, huh?

"corporations targeting children with their fattening ways?" Say Whaaat?? That might just be the funniest thing i've ever read on this Board. Nanny/Police Staters have lost it. :lol:

What's so funny about it?

No, what's pathetic is how conservatives turn a blind eye to corporations targeting children. I don't see how removing soda vending-machines and candy sales from schools will cost society more money. And I don't see how removing toys from McDonald's Crappy Meals will cost society more money.

It's not the damn governments business as to what a child buys...period. They need to get out of personal lives and move along to running this country...as if they can do that these days.
The government needs to keep their noses out of McDonadl's happy meals, they have no business getting into that kind of governing. It's a self responsiblilty thing that you won't understand. Frisco, huh? 'splains alot

It's not the damn governments business as to what a child buys...period. They need to get out of personal lives and move along to running this country...as if they can do that these days.
The government needs to keep their noses out of McDonadl's happy meals, they have no business getting into that kind of governing. It's a self responsiblilty thing that you won't understand. Frisco, huh? 'splains alot

Please explain how self responsibility is going to address America's child obesity problem?

Cheap pot shots make you look immature.

Please explain how self responsibility is going to address America's child obesity problem?

'splain to me where it's the governments duty to dictate policy in how a parent is to raise their children when no law is being broken?
Not a cheap shot....just know way too many from you're area. true story

'splain to me where it's the governments duty to dictate policy in how a parent is to raise their children when no law is being broken?
Not a cheap shot....just know way no many from you're area. true story

LOL

Are you trying to communicate in English here?

I asked you a question. I think corporations need to be regulated to stop targeting children. You said self responsibility is all the country needs.

Well, so far, self responsibility hasn't done very well, has it?

So please explain how you see self responsibility eventually addressing America's child obesity problem.

Ah, but give them time. How long before we see their Fat Police Gestapo? And don't laugh, Great Britain now has one. The State has the authority to storm Citizens' homes and remove children for being deemed 'Obese.' It could definitely happen here. Nothing surpises me when it comes to the Nanny/Police Staters.

Ah, but give them time. How long before we see their Fat Police Gestapo? And don't laugh, Great Britain now has one. The State has the authority to storm Citizens' homes and remove children for being deemed 'Obese.' It could definitely happen here. Nothing surpises me when it comes to the Nanny/Police Staters.

Are you going to tell us what you think is so funny about corporations being regulated when they target children?

LOL

I asked you a question. I think corporations need to be regulated to stop targeting children. You said self responsibility is all the country needs.

So please explain how you see self responsibility eventually addressing America's child obesity problem.

What law has been broken? Show me where it is the duty of our government to intervene in happy meals or a coke machine at a school. If a person wants to give their kids a happy meal...good for them, it's not YOUR business and it's not the GOVERNMENTS business either. Libs like you DO just want to roll over and let our government create a nanny state .
While you're at it, who gets to dictate what is obese for a 5 year old with a large frame, and a 5 year old with a small frame? I know the government has a one size fits all. :lol:

You also haven't done a very good job coming up with suggestions proposed by Republicans to address child obesity.

Are you going to tell us what you think is so funny about corporations being regulated when they target children?

What's funny is that government is trying to regulate corporations when they have no business doing it.

You also haven't done a very good job coming up with suggestions proposed by Republicans to address child obesity.

Again...more government drivel coming from you. I knew you couldn't understand. :eusa_whistle:

LOL

What law has been broken? Show me where it is the duty of our government to intervene in happy meals or a coke machine at a school. If a person wants to give their kids a happy meal...good for them, it's not YOUR business and it's not the GOVERNMENTS business either. Libs like you DO just want to roll over and let our government become a nanny state.
While you're at it, who gets to dictate what is obese for a 5 year old with a large frame, and a 5 year old with a small frame? I know the government has a one size fits all. :lol:

Hmmm, so self responsibility will eventually address America's child obesity because it's none of government's business.

Sorry. That's not an explaination.

And why does it have to boil down to whether a law is being broken? Are you saying America doesn't have an obesity problem because no laws have been broken and therefore we shouldn't do anything about it?

Again...more government drivel coming from you. I knew you couldn't understand. :eusa_whistle:

Since I'm having such a hard time understanding, why don't you explain to me how self responsibility will eventually address the problem?

You keep talking around the point but refuse to address it directly. What will it take for America to get skinny again? Education? Awareness? What?

LOL

What law has been broken? Show me where it is the duty of our government to intervene in happy meals or a coke machine at a school. If a person wants to give their kids a happy meal...good for them, it's not YOUR business and it's not the GOVERNMENTS business either. Libs like you DO just want to roll over and let our government become a nanny state.

Hmmm, so self responsibility will eventually address America's child obesity because it's none of government's business.

Sorry. That's not an explaination.

And why does it have to boil down to whether a law is being broken? Are you saying America doesn't have an obesity problem because no laws have been broken and therefore we shouldn't do anything about it?

I'm saying it's not the FUCKING governments business. What part of that can't you rap your mind around, SF!

The government has no business addressing child obesity or anyone else's obesity.

Since I'm having such a hard time understanding, why don't you explain to me how self responsibility will eventually address the problem?

You keep talking around the point but refuse to address it directly. What will it take for America to get skinny again? Education? Awareness? What?

The usual. Eat less. Exercise more.

Why is it such a puzzle to you?

Forum List

Back