NASA predicts Megadroughts

Let's not allow the ass to disrupt our discussion. I find this topic very interesting. :D

There are so many variables that science just doesn't know about. The increased volcanic eruptions under the ocean, the magnetic north movement, our position in the universe, where so called dark matter becomes thicker and thinner, solar flares, increased and decreased suns temperature, the migration of ice from North to South poles, and I'm sure I'm missing many other factors. MAN is the least important one of those, although, I'm sure, that if someone INTERESTED in having scientists state that man is a main cause, a government grant will insure that those pronouncements will become settled science!

settled-science-600-la.jpg

Last edited:
Why the fuck is nobody investing in desalination of the oceans? We are surrounded with water. It can be done. But nobody is doing it.

So, does anyone have an explanation for this horrible winter weather pattern we've been experiencing? It was 2 degrees here this morning when I awoke, not including wind chill, and I was talking to another poster who lives in Alaska who tells me it has been unseasonably warm and hardly no snow at all.

does anyone have an explanation for this horrible winter weather pattern we've been experiencing?

shit happens has since the beginning of time

runs in cycles

I believe we should be advancing fusion (an energy with a future) to help with not only rising sea levels but also with mega-droughts. Better aqueducts and better roads can help us move potable water to the interior.

So, does anyone have an explanation for this horrible winter weather pattern we've been experiencing? It was 2 degrees here this morning when I awoke, not including wind chill, and I was talking to another poster who lives in Alaska who tells me it has been unseasonably warm and hardly no snow at all.

You are experiencing the effects of the Ocean cold phases of both the ADO and PDO coupled with the change to global cooling. The polar low is so massive it is now dominating the hemispheres weather and the polar jet is so massive it intrudes on the equator. these wild swings are a result of heat loss in the arctic, which you are now experiencing.

Get used to them.. there are many more to come as the ADO (Atlantic Decadle Oscillation) and PDO (Pacific Decadle Oscillations) will now remain cold for another 10-20 years.

So what does this mean for summertime? Maybe I should seriously consider moving?

Let's not allow the ass to disrupt our discussion. I find this topic very interesting. :D

There are so many variables that science just doesn't know about. The increased volcanic eruptions under the ocean, the magnetic north movement, our position in the universe, where so called dark matter becomes thicker and thinner, solar flares, increased and decreased suns temperature, the migration of ice from North to South poles, and I'm sure I'm missing many other factors. MAN is the least important one of those, although, I'm sure, that if someone INTERESTED in having scientists state that man is a main cause, a government grant will insure that those pronouncements will become settled science!

settled-science-600-la.jpg

Yes, I've always had my doubts that it could be due to humans.

" * * * *
I Believe, I do, I believe its true.
I believe exactly what they tell me to.
I believe, I do. I believe its true.
I’m a simple guy, I believe.

Oh the AGW crew came around,
And they poked their heads inside my door
Just as thunder crashed and they made a fuss.
Then they cried and said,
The Earth looks very doomed to us

And I believe, I do, I believe its true.

The climatologist told me just the other day,
That he really didn’t want the job at all,
But he would make this sacrifice for me,
If I would only place my trust in him.

And I believe, I do, I believe its true.

* * * * "

With apologies to Mr. Paxton

You are experiencing the effects of the Ocean cold phases of both the ADO and PDO coupled with the change to global cooling. The polar low is so massive it is now dominating the hemispheres weather and the polar jet is so massive it intrudes on the equator. these wild swings are a result of heat loss in the arctic, which you are now experiencing.

Get used to them.. there are many more to come as the ADO (Atlantic Decadle Oscillation) and PDO (Pacific Decadle Oscillations) will now remain cold for another 10-20 years.

So what does this mean for summertime? Maybe I should seriously consider moving?
Did you enjoy your last summer up there? It really depends on what your needs are.. And those i couldn't even begin to determine.

does anyone have an explanation for this horrible winter weather pattern we've been experiencing?

runs in cycles

Well, that is the main argument isn't it? Whether it's just a natural cycle of the earth or weather it is "global warming." I am only going by articles that I've read in the past about it. Like I said, I'm not a climatologist or a scientist, so I don't really know. I just had some questions for people in the know.

Keep pumping those CO2 emissions out, folks. My crops will thank you, your bellies will thank me.

Did you enjoy your last summer up there? It really depends on what your needs are.. And those i couldn't even begin to determine.

I'm just wondering what these changes might do to my precious summertime. I only get to enjoy 3 months of warm weather on average as it is now. If this would make my summers more hot and longer, I can deal with that. If it was to make them more cool, I would probably consider moving. I love summer.

runs in cycles

Well, that is the main argument isn't it? Whether it's just a natural cycle of the earth or weather it is "global warming." I am only going by articles that I've read in the past about it. Like I said, I'm not a climatologist or a scientist, so I don't really know. I just had some questions for people in the know.

historically people have done better

in periods of warm over periods of cold

runs in cycles

Well yeah. Cold weather sucks. Lol.

runs in cycles

Well yeah. Cold weather sucks. Lol.

yeah makes things harder like growing crops for example

runs in cycles

The black death, the plague, starvation, major reductions in global populations have all happened in cold times.. When we glaciate I really dont want to be alive. As cooling hits hard, disease and death will be rampantly common place..

If you have a large field of vegetables and only a few weeds, you don't see a problem at first. But as years pass, those weeds make more weeds. The large field cannot handle being overrun. The field dies eventually due to the water being used on the field veggies AND the weeds.

The world has too many people. THe more people, the more resources being used. Pollution, destroying rain forests that produce moisture for the whole world, etc. I am no scientist but it doesn't take much to figure out that once something is full of something else, it will burst and die along with everything hitching a ride on it.

Man helped this situation. Naysayers can pooh pooh it off all they want but the proverbial head in the sand is going to be a reality soon. This world will be nothing BUT sand.

I don't know about you people, but I'll be just fine. Warm or Cold. :afro:

Forum List

Back