Nashville Flower Shop Refuses Business with Republicans.

Leftists here are all too stupid to understand the distinction, but public accommodation laws require business owners to serve all people, but that does not mean they are required to endorse certain positions by CREATING art with political messaging.

Comparing apples to actual apples and oranges to oranges, this particular baker should not be forced to bake a cake that says "hooray for the "n.r.a." or " keep men out of women's sports", but they ARE required to sell goods to people if they have already been created.

It sounds to me that these petulant bakers are just as stupid as USMB leftists.

Isn't this some kind of discrimination?
Nope.

Here's TN's Public Accommodation Law.

It is illegal for a place of public accommodations to refuse or deny the full and equal enjoyment of goods, facilities and accommodations based on Age (40+), Color, Creed, National Origin, Race, Religion and Sex. The law applies to any business, accommodation, refreshment, entertainment, recreation or transportation facility, licensed or not, whose goods, services, facilities and privileges are extended, offered, sold or otherwise made available to the public.

This law includes prohibitions on publishing, circulation or displaying any material that communicates that any person is unwelcome on the basis of unlawful discrimination.

Isn't this some kind of discrimination?
Yes, it is. But, let me guess... this isn't fair when you guys are on the receiving end, eh?

Scratch that. Looks like it is legal to refuse to sell/do business based on political beliefs.

Leftists here are all too stupid to understand the distinction, but public accommodation laws require business owners to serve all people, but that does not mean they are required to endorse certain positions by CREATING art with political messaging.

Comparing apples to actual apples and oranges to oranges, this particular baker should not be forced to bake a cake that says "hooray for the "n.r.a." or " keep men out of women's sports", but they ARE required to sell goods to people if they have already been created.

It sounds to me that these petulant bakers are just as stupid as USMB leftists.

Actually, there's nothing in TN's public accommodation law that prevents political discrimination. I can totally throw you out of my store for wearing a MAGA hat or a Swastika Armband (Pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned.)

TN's version of PA laws, posted above, doesn't have protections for sexual orientation or identity. CO and OR do, which is why certain Homophobic Bakers have gotten to pay big old fines.

Nope.

Here's TN's Public Accommodation Law.

It is illegal for a place of public accommodations to refuse or deny the full and equal enjoyment of goods, facilities and accommodations based on Age (40+), Color, Creed, National Origin, Race, Religion and Sex. The law applies to any business, accommodation, refreshment, entertainment, recreation or transportation facility, licensed or not, whose goods, services, facilities and privileges are extended, offered, sold or otherwise made available to the public.

This law includes prohibitions on publishing, circulation or displaying any material that communicates that any person is unwelcome on the basis of unlawful discrimination.
How convenient that political affiliation isn't included. Republicans should pass a law.

well... you know what. I don't feel any real hatred toward Anheuser Busch. But these in your face, insulting so called business decisions are nothing more than a poke in the eye to conservatives. It's intentional by their Gen X or Z brand spanking new heads and they laugh in your face as if you're too stupid to figure it out. They're sayin' 'we are doin' this and we'll still take your money cause you got no clout'. Well.. Let's play this game...and mean it. That 5.6 billion they've lost in value...they'll never get that back...even if conservatives all decide they can't live without Budlight. it's gone. FOR. EV. ER.

Yes, it is. But, let me guess... this isn't fair when you guys are on the receiving end, eh?

Scratch that. Looks like it is legal to refuse to sell/do business based on political beliefs.

Yes, very convenient for the left. Republicans should fix that.

Forum List

Back