Natalie Cole dead at 65.

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
I didn't even know she was sick...

Legendary singer Natalie Cole died in a Los Angeles area hospital at age 65. According to TMZ, Cole had been ill for several weeks and recently canceled a few shows. At this time, it is unclear what Cole had been sick with or if her condition was known to be life-threatening. Cole has had quite a few serious health issues over the years, but was still performing and seemed to be doing okay earlier this year.

GettyImages-464181048-467x700.jpg

Natalie Cole Dead: Legendary Singer Dies At 65 [Breaking]

Oh no - so young!

RIP Natalie.

I just read that Wayne Rogers died as well...of pneumonia at the age of 82. He was a great guy.

Legendary singer Natalie Cole died in a Los Angeles area hospital at age 65. According to TMZ, Cole had been ill for several weeks and recently canceled a few shows. At this time, it is unclear what Cole had been sick with or if her condition was known to be life-threatening. Cole has had quite a few serious health issues over the years, but was still performing and seemed to be doing okay earlier this year.

Oh wow...I didn't know she was ill either. RIP.

I hate seeing obits like that.

She's younger than me.

Like so many others, she was a heavy drug user and spent several trips to rehab centers.

Her death was the result of complications of drug-incuded illness.

I must also note that her only true hit was her doing a stunt of "signing with her father" on a song that was never meant to be a duet. Some producer saw a chance to make $$$$ and used her father's talent and genius to do it.

Wayne Rogers was also quite an accomplished economist.

Like so many others, she was a heavy drug user and spent several trips to rehab centers.

I must also note that her only true hit was her doing a stunt of "signing with her father" on a song that was never meant to be a duet. Some producer saw a chance to make $$$$ and used her father's talent and genius to do it.

yep. i was gonna say "WHO"?

She died of congestive heart failure. let the dead rest in peace. She made her mark, regardless of how she did it, she did it.

Natalie was not only talented,she was very attractive. Those piercing beautiful

green eyes were real. She had them way before contacts were available.

nataliecole.jpg

Actually no.

Her most notable song was her first hit in the 1970s.

Natalie Cole - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) - YouTube

That song was the song that made her famous and put her on stages in large venues all over the world.

The duet with her dad came much later and was her come back song.

A representative of Natalie Cole released the following statment to TMZ: “It is with heavy hearts that we bring to you all the news of our Mother and sister’s passing. Natalie fought a fierce, courageous battle, dying how she lived ... with dignity, strength and honor. Our beloved Mother and sister will be greatly missed and remain UNFORGETTABLE in our hearts forever.”

Original story:

“This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” singer Natalie Cole is dead at the age of 65. Cole reportedly died of congestive heart failure at a Los Angeles hospital.

The singer and songwriter, best known for her performances of songs such as “Inseparable,” “Pink Cadillac” and “Unforgettable,” was the daughter of the singers Nat King Cole and Maria Hawkins Cole. She was recently struggling with health issues, which resulted in her canceling some tours. TMZ broke the news of her death Friday

Natalie Cole Dead At 65; ‘This Will Be’ Singer Cause Of Death Reportedly Congestive Heart Failure

She was hardly a "legendary singer", she was the daughter of a legendary singer. The guy who played one of the MASH doctors on the TV series , Wayne Rogers died at 81. He wasn't legendary either.

Last edited:
I will retract my unkind comments about Ms. Cole. Like most children of such unbelievably talented people, she probably felt she had no choice but to try to live up to her father's reputation.

Growing up in the household of a multi-talented father gave her a natural affinity for entertainment and, while nowhere equal to her father, she DID possess a degree of talent.

This has been a bad time for musicians... She was such a wonderful singer... Truly sad..

Forum List

Back