Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

Just as bigreb secedes from NC, does not take him out of responsibility to the law, so . . .

Because SC had a collective brain fart did not make it not liable to the laws of the United States, as was demonstrated by four years of war capped by General Sherman and his troops rampaging through the Palmetto State.

SC and its inhabitants morally, legally, and constitutionally got exactly what they deserved.

I used a silly example, Guy, to respond to your silly comments.

Last edited:
Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.
Given that 26% of Alabama's population is "black" with ancestors who were slaves during the Civil War, where do they fit into your beloved Southern heritage that includes a monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest?

what about the white population in the south, do you hear them bitching about the statues of Frederick Douglass or George Washington Carver?

Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.
Given that 26% of Alabama's population is "black" with ancestors who were slaves during the Civil War, where do they fit into your beloved Southern heritage that includes a monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest?

what about the white population in the south, do you hear them bitching about the statues of Frederick Douglass or George Washington Carver?

Was Frederick Douglass or George Washington Carver a terrorist who killed American citizens?

So let me get this straight.

Putting up a statue of a guy who started a hate group is up there with statues of the guy who invented Peanut Brittle?

The FACT remains that SC LEGALLY seceded from the Union in January 1861. At that moment Fort Sumter became the property of the State, REGARDLESS of who paid for it.

There was a reason there were no trials after the War, the SCOTUS would have ruled the secession Constitutional and the actions of the North UNconstitutional.

Putting up a statue of a guy who started a hate group is up there with statues of the guy who invented Peanut Brittle?

So Joe, you didn't bother to read the thread and you're still under the mistaken assumption that NBF started the KKK?

You should REALLY try educating yourself, idiot.

No, SC did not secede legally.

Show me where the states had the right to secede. You can't.

In essence, South Carolina preferred to fire on the US Flag in order to maintain it's right to treat humans as property

Despicable

Of course that right was the legal, Constitutional and Supreme Court upheld engine of your agrarian economy and chattel slavery wasn't banned Federally until about 3 years into the war.

Is there an act or right you support that a government authority, some time, some place may find repugnant and take action without due process of law, certainly when your State approves it ?

The FACT remains that SC LEGALLY seceded from the Union in January 1861. At that moment Fort Sumter became the property of the State, REGARDLESS of who paid for it.

There was a reason there were no trials after the War, the SCOTUS would have ruled the secession Constitutional and the actions of the North UNconstitutional.

REALLY? Can you please direct me to the information you speak of where a state can secede from the union, and all Federal Institutions (paid for by all states within said Union up until that time) within it's borders immediately transfer to the state? I haven't read that one yet.

Was Frederick Douglass or George Washington Carver a terrorist who killed American citizens?

Forrest fought for his country the same as Grant or Sherman.

both Grant and sherman would tell you that if they were alive today.

I think you are confused, during the years of 1861 and 1865, Forrest fought AGAINST Grant and Sherman and THEIR country.

is Forrest depicted wearing a military uniform or KKK regalia?

REALLY? Can you please direct me to the information you speak of where a state can secede from the union, and all Federal Institutions (paid for by all states within said Union up until that time) within it's borders immediately transfer to the state? I haven't read that one yet.

It was unsettled law at the time.

Show where SC had the right to secede in federal law.

In essence, South Carolina preferred to fire on the US Flag in order to maintain it's right to treat humans as property

Despicable

Of course that right was the legal, Constitutional and Supreme Court upheld engine of your agrarian economy and chattel slavery wasn't banned Federally until about 3 years into the war.

Is there an act or right you support that a government authority, some time, some place may find repugnant and take action without due process of law, certainly when your State approves it ?

No, they wouldn't. Sherman would have hung Forrest if he had been authorized to do so.

Forum List

Back