National Emergency instead of Congress

Funny. When Obama ignored congress and ruled by executive fiat no one objected. Now Trump does and suddenly the libs gots religion and sees the light.
Obama didn't spend billions of dollars with his EO's.
His executive order to restructure student loans cost over 15B.
i got about 5 more than cost a lot of money. wanna hear them too?
No I do not want to talk about money shit.
All I want to know is, Who did he write the check to and what did he buy with it?
Oh i thought we were discussing cost, not strait up purchases. My bad.
I guess one is worse than the other.
Apology accepted. This is a straight up purchase by Trump. The "cost" of whatever decisions Obama made can be debated, I suppose, by people who know what they're talking about. I am not one. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TRUMP GETS AWAY WITH BUYING A FUCKING WALL WITHOUT CONGRESS'S APPROVAL. That's all.

Funny. When Obama ignored congress and ruled by executive fiat no one objected. Now Trump does and suddenly the libs gots religion and sees the light.
Obama didn't spend billions of dollars with his EO's.
His executive order to restructure student loans cost over 15B.
i got about 5 more than cost a lot of money. wanna hear them too?
No I do not want to talk about money shit.
All I want to know is, Who did he write the check to and what did he buy with it?
Oh i thought we were discussing cost, not strait up purchases. My bad.
I guess one is worse than the other.
Apology accepted. This is a straight up purchase by Trump. The "cost" of whatever decisions Obama made can be debated, I suppose, by people who know what they're talking about. I am not one. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TRUMP GETS AWAY WITH BUYING A FUCKING WALL WITHOUT CONGRESS'S APPROVAL. That's all.
You cant write an EO and appropriate funds. Then again, 75 percent of our fed gov is illegal... so who knows

We have the science to show it. A fast expanding rise of average global temperatures that said we needed at act now to stop a significant rise by 2100. Declare a National Emergency & install a carbon tax.

Declare a National Healthcare emergency & just dictate Medicare for all.

Declare a National emergency and borrow a trillion for infrastructure.

Is this what to expect when a President wants something?

The option to declare a National Emergency is for situations where we can't wait for Congress. Not for when Congress says no.

Not Legal. Truman declared an emergency when he felt thwarted. Trump should know: It didn’t end well.

President Trump isn’t threatening to nationalize any part of private industry. Nice fail try though.

Doesn't matter. It greatly increases the power of the Executive branch, which over the last few decades has already vastly accumulated more latitude outside our systems of checks and balances.

It’s not increasing the power of the executive branch when it’s already had the power.

Any spending measures he takes with the emergency declaration has a check, Congress can override it if they wish.

We have the science to show it. A fast expanding rise of average global temperatures that said we needed at act now to stop a significant rise by 2100. Declare a National Emergency & install a carbon tax.

The option to declare a National Emergency is for situations where we can't wait for Congress. Not for when Congress says no.

Not Legal. Truman declared an emergency when he felt thwarted. Trump should know: It didn’t end well.

""If Harry Truman couldn’t nationalize the steel industry during wartime, this president doesn’t have the power to declare an emergency and build a multibillion-dollar wall on the border,” House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) said on CNN over the weekend."

Truman declared an emergency when he felt thwarted. Trump should know: It didn’t end well.

Not even remotely close to being the same. Not at all.

Seizing control over steel mills is not the same as using the Army Corps of Engineers to build a wall. :cuckoo:

Try again. The president is well within his rights to do so.

Glad to see your opinion matters on message boards. In the mean time, the POTUS cannot spend money the Cngress has not approved. Way to miss the point.

President Trump isn’t threatening to nationalize any part of private industry. Nice fail try though.

He is threatening to try to spend money not approved by Congress which violates the SC ruling, the Constitution, and federal law. BUt hey, it isn't like he has followed any other laws, so what difference will one more charge be at the preliminary hearing on his indictments.

In b4 the lock, but we've been "waiting on Congress" since 1988. They don't want to do their job, fuck 'em.

When somebody doesn't get the job done in 31 years, it's time to explore other avenues.
We have elections you keep electing the same people.

So you think that if Trump declares a National Emergency to build hos wall that it is same as an EO?
Trumpettes are fucking morons,.

He is threatening to try to spend money not approved by Congress which violates the SC ruling, the Constitution, and federal law. BUt hey, it isn't like he has followed any other laws, so what difference will one more charge be at the preliminary hearing on his indictments.

You don't know. Polly wanna cracker?

Nice cherry picking. There is federal law that gives the powers to the President.

Are you not aware that we have been in a continuous national emergency since September 2001 which allows the President to retain military service members?

Nice cherry picking. There is federal law that gives the powers to the President.

Are you not aware that we have been in a continuous national emergency since September 2001 which allows the President to retain military service members?

Calling people off the IRR is not even the same ballpark and it isn't cherrypicking to say the SCOTUS has ruled on the issue of emergency powers already.

You don't know. Polly wanna cracker?

I have zero idea what you are alluding to.

Forum List

Back